advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why is profiling in America ok in certain scenarios but not in others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desibaba

Banned
As an outsider to this country who wasn't born here and later became a US Citizen and wasn't subjected to the typical brainwashing that most likely SOME whites (stay away from the blacks cause they will rape and kill you) and SOME blacks (the white man is out to get you and he wants you to be his slave) go through as kids I certainly find one fact amusing.

The definition of profiling definitely has issues in itself in this country. For example an Insurance company that goes by statistics wants to charge TWICE the premium if not more for a young male driver because they have deemed solely by statistics that they are more likely to be involved in an accident or speed or text and drive yet no one complains that is profiling. How do you know if that particular teen that has a State farm/ Geico/ Progressive policy will speed or be involved in a wreck?

Most Fortune 500 Companies (I work for one) refuse to hire anyone who is a convicted felon. How do you know that person didn't learn their lesson in jail and will NEVER do anything again that caused them to go to prison in the first place because they found out the hard way? Isnt that profiling?

If I am a 50 year old man who has smoked cigarettes and I am self employed and make 50k a year I will be lucky if I can find an insurance company to give me a health insurance policy that is even remotely affordable? But statistics say I am most likely to make huge claims so its acceptable to profile me?

In all those scenarios not one person whines or complains nor do they say its unfair or unjust. However if a cop pulls over a Chrysler 300 with huge chrome wheels and tinted windows and searches the car which is driven by a black man for drugs while they let the 80 yr old man wearing the hat in the Cadillac drive away then Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and all the white people in Hollywood would scream bloody murder since the black man was "Profiled"?

I am a Naturalized US Citizen who is originally from South Asia and I have lived in Broward County for the last 15 years. I have made friends and dated girls of all types over the years but sadly most of my negative life experiences have involved African Americans. When I was 18 I worked at a 7/11 as a cashier where I was robbed by a black person and I had a gun put to my head, I was bound and duct taped and thrown in the walk in fridge for 3 hours until a customer walked in and helped me. 2 years after that my car was stolen, the wheels and sound system were stolen and eventually when the person was caught it happened to be a black person.

A couple of years ago I started dating a girl I met on Plenty of Fish. I had no idea this girl was actually married to someone and was seeing me behind his back. Soon as I found this out I was very upset and contacted him to let him know that his wife had been lying to both of us. Instead of being mad at her he flips out at me saying he will kill me and this and that etc. Next day he shows up at my job to confront me (she must have told him where I work). I told him very politely that I contacted him to let him know that his wife was leading both of us on and I certainly didn't know she was married. Next thing I remembered was waking up next to paramedics and police saying that I had been punched in the face and knocked out and he was under arrest. I felt bad for what he was going through and despite getting punched I didn't press charges on him.

I work at a major auto dealership and a few months ago a woman created a big scene on our showroom floor saying that we are discriminating against her and we didn't want to get her a loan. I looked into it and turned out she wanted to buy a car and had horrible credit, a recent auto repossession and despite sending her application to 8 different banks no one wanted to give her a loan. Obviously we are in the business to make money so we will do anything in our power to get a customer approved who wants to buy a car and I let her know that I might be able to get her approved if she gets a cosigner with great credit. She still called our corporate office to complain that we didn't want to sell her a car because she is black. Keep in mind almost all approvals these days are automated and the system has no idea about the race of the applicant. It will base an approval and interest rate simply based on the application and past credit history.

Despite these negative experiences I have met some very nice black people also. My mother's best friend is a church going retired black school teacher and even she feels that a lack of education and not having fathers as they grow up affects black youth drastically.

Im not white and Im not black. Im registered as a democrat but I think a lot of things that African americans and people from the middle east do makes people scared of them. I wasn't robbed or assaulted by a Hispanic or White person but all my bad experiences do create a bit of fear in my mind. I really wouldn't want to drive through Harlem New York late at night. I can imagine if a police officer who sees this on a daily basis and wants to stay alive will get his guard up. Even black law enforcement officers would agree that they catch more blacks doing violent crimes than others.

I don't think most people choose to be racist or even want to profile others but our life experiences make us that way. Just like If I was getting on a plane and I saw a lot of Middle Eastern men with turbans and beards boarding I would be lying if I said I didn't feel uneasy at that time even if they were all doctors and happened to be completely harmless.

Great question.

I have NO IDEA.

I'll add this to the list of shit to ponder....

It's a very weird society, to be honest...

I am as white as I could be, but in the US, I was told many times that I couldn't be white because I'm Brazilian. Since when place of birth defines race? Is Charlize Theron black, then?

People there grow up totally clueless about Geography (and most things, actually) and as you said, are completely brainwashed from a very young age.

It's very tough to understand the mindset of most people raised in the US. I don't even try anymore, to be honest...

It's a very weird society, to be honest...

I am as white as I could be, but in the US, I was told many times that I couldn't be white because I'm Brazilian. Since when place of birth defines race? Is Charlize Theron black, then?

People there grow up totally clueless about Geography (and most things, actually) and as you said, are completely brainwashed from a very young age.

It's very tough to understand the mindset of most people raised in the US. I don't even try anymore, to be honest...

Talk about Profiling, you are very racist against people from USA. Please get over it. Your country has it's own share of problems.

Makes me wonder why certian black people aren't profiled more (males between the age of 15-40). They represent less than 3% of the population and represent more than half of the crime in the country. According to the FBI this group represent more than two thirds of violent crime. In 2004, more than 36,000 white women were raped by black men and 10 black women were raped by white men. I mean if I was LE who would I suspect .... I mean really. I know there are those who say well not every black man is a .... And if I were black I would be pissed at those who are so dispectful and bring suspicion to black men. Is it still profiling if the person you confront did actually commit a crime?

Talk about Profiling, you are very racist against people from USA. Please get over it. Your country has it's own share of problems.

I have lived in the US and I'm entitled to my opinion.

Every country has it's own problems. You're free to have an opinion about my country as well, but I don't think you've lived here, so how could you know?

Every country has it's own problems. You're free to have an opinion about my country as well, but I don't think you've lived here, so how could you know?

I just know Brasilians at Carnival are way hotter than any girl I have ever met here in the US and I want to sleep with so many carnival chicks. That's my honest opinion and stereotype view of Brasil :love:

yeah he is, but at least he has an opinion and does not try anymore, so that's a start.

I just know Brasilians at Carnival are way hotter than any girl I have ever met here in the US and I want to sleep with so many carnival chicks. That's my honest opinion and stereotype view of Brasil :love:

And while those chicks walk thru the carnival party (or whatever you call that crap), poor people (mostly dark skinned) are severely harassed by the local police so they won't bother the tourists who are in town paying 50 bucks to fuck some 13 year olds.

Profiling happens everywhere in the world. It's a fucked up place we all live in...

And while those chicks walk thru the carnival party (or whatever you call that crap), poor people (mostly dark skinned) are severely harassed by the local police so they won't bother the tourists who are in town paying 50 bucks to fuck some 13 year olds.

Profiling happens everywhere in the world. It's a fucked up place we all live in...

Give me your number. Next time im there I will pay $50 to fuck some curvy dark girls with big boobs. Im south Asian and I like them. Im an equal opportunity "John".

As an outsider to this country who wasn't born here and later became a US Citizen and wasn't subjected to the typical brainwashing that most likely SOME whites (stay away from the blacks cause they will rape and kill you) and SOME blacks (the white man is out to get you and he wants you to be his slave) go through as kids I certainly find one fact amusing. I find that amusing too, since most crimes against blacks are by blacks.

The definition of profiling definitely has issues in itself in this country. For example an Insurance company that goes by statistics wants to charge TWICE the premium if not more for a young male driver because they have deemed solely by statistics that they are more likely to be involved in an accident or speed or text and drive yet no one complains that is profiling. How do you know if that particular teen that has a State farm/ Geico/ Progressive policy will speed or be involved in a wreck? I wouldn't call that profiling, you ever see a teen first driving? Chances are he will get in a wreck and a ticket more then any person my age. Do you want to pay more in insurance to cover them?

Most Fortune 500 Companies (I work for one) refuse to hire anyone who is a convicted felon. How do you know that person didn't learn their lesson in jail and will NEVER do anything again that caused them to go to prison in the first place because they found out the hard way? Isnt that profiling? 80% will go back to prison, that is why. Do you know how much it costs to hire and train someone? Too much to do risks.

If I am a 50 year old man who has smoked cigarettes and I am self employed and make 50k a year I will be lucky if I can find an insurance company to give me a health insurance policy that is even remotely affordable? But statistics say I am most likely to make huge claims so its acceptable to profile me? Chances are you will die an early death due to that smoking, so why should they cover someone who is speeding up the process? They are in business to make money, plain and simple, you are a risk.

In all those scenarios not one person whines or complains nor do they say its unfair or unjust. However if a cop pulls over a Chrysler 300 with huge chrome wheels and tinted windows and searches the car which is driven by a black man for drugs while they let the 80 yr old man wearing the hat in the Cadillac drive away then Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and all the white people in Hollywood would scream bloody murder since the black man was "Profiled"? They are racists, plain and simple. They like to breed hate and start trouble. Al Sharpton made a fortune this way.[

I am a Naturalized US Citizen who is originally from South Asia and I have lived in Broward County for the last 15 years. I have made friends and dated girls of all types over the years but sadly most of my negative life experiences have involved African Americans. When I was 18 I worked at a 7/11 as a cashier where I was robbed by a black person and I had a gun put to my head, I was bound and duct taped and thrown in the walk in fridge for 3 hours until a customer walked in and helped me. 2 years after that my car was stolen, the wheels and sound system were stolen and eventually when the person was caught it happened to be a black person. [What would have happen if he was Mexican both times? Would you say Mexicans are criminals. That was just coincidental, nothing more. You go to my area and more Mexicans commit crimes because there happens to be more that live here, nothing more/B]

A couple of years ago I started dating a girl I met on Plenty of Fish. I had no idea this girl was actually married to someone and was seeing me behind his back. Soon as I found this out I was very upset and contacted him to let him know that his wife had been lying to both of us. Instead of being mad at her he flips out at me saying he will kill me and this and that etc. Next day he shows up at my job to confront me (she must have told him where I work). I told him very politely that I contacted him to let him know that his wife was leading both of us on and I certainly didn't know she was married. Next thing I remembered was waking up next to paramedics and police saying that I had been punched in the face and knocked out and he was under arrest. I felt bad for what he was going through and despite getting punched I didn't press charges on him. There lies your problem, trusting someone off the internet. A lot of people cheat now a days, you need to learn how to watch for signs more.

I work at a major auto dealership and a few months ago a woman created a big scene on our showroom floor saying that we are discriminating against her and we didn't want to get her a loan. I looked into it and turned out she wanted to buy a car and had horrible credit, a recent auto repossession and despite sending her application to 8 different banks no one wanted to give her a loan. Obviously we are in the business to make money so we will do anything in our power to get a customer approved who wants to buy a car and I let her know that I might be able to get her approved if she gets a cosigner with great credit. She still called our corporate office to complain that we didn't want to sell her a car because she is black. Keep in mind almost all approvals these days are automated and the system has no idea about the race of the applicant. It will base an approval and interest rate simply based on the application and past credit history. You don't get any customer complaints? I got someone who file a complaint against my state license for something I didn't do at all. This is typical in some people, they can never see what they are doing as wrong. Happens, just move on. Some people are idiots, plain and simple.

Despite these negative experiences I have met some very nice black people also. My mother's best friend is a church going retired black school teacher and even she feels that a lack of education and not having fathers as they grow up affects black youth drastically. There good people in all races, just like there is bad people and yes, some do have bad surroundings when growing up. I been in that environment.

Im not white and Im not black. Im registered as a democrat but I think a lot of things that African americans and people from the middle east do makes people scared of them. I wasn't robbed or assaulted by a Hispanic or White person but all my bad experiences do create a bit of fear in my mind. I really wouldn't want to drive through Harlem New York late at night. I can imagine if a police officer who sees this on a daily basis and wants to stay alive will get his guard up. Even black law enforcement officers would agree that they catch more blacks doing violent crimes than others. That last statement is Bull Shit, more whites commit violent crimes. Whites commit more crimes then any race in USA.

I don't think most people choose to be racist or even want to profile others but our life experiences make us that way. Just like If I was getting on a plane and I saw a lot of Middle Eastern men with turbans and beards boarding I would be lying if I said I didn't feel uneasy at that time even if they were all doctors and happened to be completely harmless.
Your life and what you make of it, please don't blame others for feeling a certain way. As far as those turban guys and beards. People from India dress that way and they are harmless and peaceful.

I don't think it can be racism. People from the US are of all kinds of races. Nationalism/nationalist may be more accurate, but surely not racist.

discussworldissues maybe?

Last edited:

Well, a simple google search shows how much crime there is, LOL. :yeahthat:

I don't think it can be racism. People from the US are of all kinds of races. Nationalism/nationalist may be more accurate, but surely not racist.

discussworldissues maybe?

LOL, know what that term means. It could be between people with different beliefs, not just a color.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism"]Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Well, a simple google search shows how much crime there is, LOL.

I live here. I know how much crime goes around here. What does it have to do with the subject of this thread?

Anyway, you're a good man and I've always admired you, so I won't get into this. This thread is a time bomb anyway, so leaving now... ;)

I live here. I know how much crime goes around here. What does it have to do with the subject of this thread?

Anyway, you're a good man and I've always admired you, so I won't get into this. This thread is a time bomb anyway, so leaving now... ;)

My point is we all have our share of problems. There are good people and bad people everywhere. I don't have anything negative to say about your country. As far as USA, I know we have some messed up things here, but that all depends where you live too. I am sure Brasil is the same. I worked my way out of the bad neighborhoods. Everyone has the same opportunity here, no matter what they say. One of my hobbies is meeting people, I been to many countries and meet quite a few people from this board. I like meeting different cultures. It helps me understand more, then to see bad. I like to try to see good in people first, but I also have common sense.

By the way, I am buying my retirement home in Romania. :D

Cost of living is so much cheaper there and I want to retire soon. ;) One of my friends is moving to Columbia, he found some girl there and he is retired. Guess where you find yourself comfortable is where you should live.

Last edited:
Your life and what you make of it, please don't blame others for feeling a certain way. As far as those turban guys and beards. People from India dress that way and they are harmless and peaceful.

Ditto

Esp if u see a guy with a turban in the US, 99% chance he is Sikh and not a muslim which CNN has brainwashed you to think. Sikhism is a religion from India believing in One God for all of humanity and the religion's followers are called Sikhs. They are really nice people if you get to talk to one.

Some education for y'all

Last edited:
Not going to get into the race card but a lot of racism starts with how you where raised imop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic