advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

why must everyone bench 2 plates even if they cant even lift it off the bar?

Leo28

Registered
every day if you look at the bench press at most gym theres someone benching 2 45lb plates per side even if their spotter is deadlifting it off them every rep or they have to do one inch repps. why?

To be honest i never have time to watch what others are doing, im just that focused on what im doing...

One word (ego).

I would second that I see all the time in my gym guys trying to lift more with no form at all they are so worried about how much they lift.

lets not all pretend here that we haven't all done more weight than we should have in an attempt to grow!

Oh wait, i forgot, we all started training with full knowledge of bodybuilding and perfect form. I am sure we also all maxxed out our genetic potential before we ever advanced to aas. Oh and yeah my favorite, most of the 190lb guys here only take 250mg right?LOL

come on people rather than judge someone who is trying, why dont you do something productive and talk to the person and help them out. We all seem to forget our own roots.

For me, i was 16 and walked into Gold's Gym in de. I walked over to the bench with my cousin, we put 135 on the bar. he walked away and i managed to just get it off, it immediately slammed back down on my chest and i could not get the shit off. I remember never being so thankful to see my cousin as when he came over and pulled it off me.

Ego for sure. Its funny im sitting right about 225 in the morning and pretty lean sill have abs. Im not the biggest guy in my gym, but i have a god build. Anyways ill have 160lb guys come up to me all the time and be like i noticed u dont flat bench, and then try to give me tips on why i should. I havent flat bench in probably a year and a half. All it ever did was blow p my front delts and give me shoulder problems.

I see it everyday or hear it. Hey man can u spot me? 225 on there and they cant even get half a rep, then they blame me for being a bad spot. I always tell them take the weight down. I get no man then i wont grow, gotta go heavy. So ill try to explain that weight is relative to the body and your muscles really dont know the diff between 225 and 135 as long as it feels heavy to u. I might as well talk to a wall.

This is OT but i had a 150 kid, 6' ft. tall tell me the other day he was doing 40-50 sets a bodypart per day. i literally lost it

Ego fer sure is involved. I also think its sumthing "magical" when ur in the first year of workin out and want those 'two a side", alot push when thier not ready.:eek: Personally, i started working out in grade 10 seriously, by the time i graduated, i was doing 3-5 reps of 225 with a spot on the last one or so( hopefully not DEADLIFTED off me:naughty: LOLOL. I did my first cycle the summer after my grade and went to warming up with 225 for a couple sets of 12, getting up to 275 for 2-3!!!! NOBODYS GONNA DEADLIFT SHIT OFF ME ANYMORE!! haaaaa:D

lets not all pretend here that we haven't all done more weight than we should have in an attempt to grow!

Oh wait, i forgot, we all started training with full knowledge of bodybuilding and perfect form. I am sure we also all maxxed out our genetic potential before we ever advanced to aas. Oh and yeah my favorite, most of the 190lb guys here only take 250mg right?LOL

come on people rather than judge someone who is trying, why dont you do something productive and talk to the person and help them out. We all seem to forget our own roots.

For me, i was 16 and walked into Gold's Gym in de. I walked over to the bench with my cousin, we put 135 on the bar. he walked away and i managed to just get it off, it immediately slammed back down on my chest and i could not get the shit off. I remember never being so thankful to see my cousin as when he came over and pulled it off me.

good point right here

good point right here

Sometimes i read these stupid threads of people being jdugemental and it gets old.

I forgot the people starting the thread and whining about other people are all 300lb massive shredded beasts who deadlift, becnh and squat ridiculous amounts of weight. It is usually those closest in progress to whom they are ciriticizing that point this stuff out.

Like who has to lift 2 plates off when they cant lower it, i can do a full 6 clean reps with that weight.

I just find it entertaining and also frustrating. The more advanced guys(i do not include myself in this) tend to not even notice this stuff at the gym. We have more similarities with the guys we bust on that we do differences if we look into our past.

lol

I remember back in HS when I got serious into lifting and had that problem... I guess at that age you just think you arecapable of anything... I learned real hard and real fast that proper form and diet will make you grow much quicker than sloppy half assed lifts with weight you can hardley budge... I am guilty of this myself and learned the hardway. depending on who it is ill offer advice but if they look like the type that thinks they know it all I just let them be....:banghead:

The best is watching someone that can't do 185 on their own then upping to 225 with a spot and can't even budge it then loading the bar to 275 and just looking like a straight up jackass...

I'd rather see a gym filled with people trying that hard than a gym filled with people who are barely breaking a sweat and just going through the motions.

I think anyone with any real size on them has been that guy trying to do more weight than they could handle at least once. That is sort of what creates big muscles in the first place or at least contributes the mentality to gain them.

the only thing that bothers me anymore in the gym is people doing medial delt raises in front of the weight rack or between two benches blocking both of them.

the only thing that bothers me anymore in the gym is people doing medial delt raises in front of the weight rack or between two benches blocking both of them.

I have a list (because newbs today are more clueless and disrespectful about it):

-Stacking the weight on a machine with the smallest ten pound plates under several larger plates meaning anyone coming behind has to remove ALL OF THE PLATES in order to remove the tiny ones some newb left on

-ignoring someone's towel on a piece of equipment and their backpack when they only left the machine for 30 seconds to grab a handle or something.

-not understanding what "can I work in with you?" means and copping an attitude because the guy bigger than you doesn't want to wait another 30min while you do super slow reps with 10lbs a side for another 35 sets.

Hell, blocking the mirror doesn't make it until number 236.

Haha we have all been there, its not just ego. New lifters no matter there age get excited. I remember being young and putting 225 on the deadlift at around 120 pounds. Exploded so hard nearly tore every muscle in my back off the bone. Couldn't get out of bed for a few days, the bar didn't even move a centimeter!

Its cool to be strong, its cool to have fun with the weights, if they are in it for the long haul they will wise up. If not at least they are having fun and letting their buddies get a workout in too (deadlifting the weight off of them!)

Its like 225 is some magical standard. Ego for sure, but what's the most common question that gets asked when you have a muscular build...
"How much you bench man?":action-s: Its like that is the standard for society to judge strength.

at least their egos are mr. olympias...in there eyes

as long as they do not ask me for a spot , I could not care less.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws