advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why not use proviron for all Test Cycles?

i think phil is refering to slin im almost positive actually since its great at freeing up test, but i wouldnt touch it without gh. Now if you have the money to run slin simil to gavin kanes way 2-3 times ew with gh you will love it.

i think phil is refering to slin im almost positive actually since its great at freeing up test, but i wouldnt touch it without gh. Now if you have the money to run slin simil to gavin kanes way 2-3 times ew with gh you will love it.

I've never heard of slin freeing up test...Do u have the info on that bro?..I would love to research it if you don't mind posting a link to get me started..

OP

inuslin lower SHBG levles.

Lower levles of SHBG= More free testostrone.

Search fuction. You could try the articals fourm.

Test/proviron= chasing girlfriend around the house constantly

NONE OF THOSE COMPARE TO SOMETHING ELSE FOR FREEING UP TEST.......NO ITS NOT SEX.........:)

Is it Nettle Root( Urtica dioica root extracts) and steroids that are DHT derivatives?

1: Z Naturforsch [C]. 1995 Jan-Feb;50(1-2):98-104.Links

Plant constituents interfering with human sex hormone-binding globulin. Evaluation of a test method and its application to Urtica dioica root extracts.
Gansser D, Spiteller G.
Lehrstuhl Organische Chemie I, Universität Bayreuth, Bundesrepublik, Deutschland.
A test system is described, which allows the search for compounds interfering with human sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) even in complex plant extracts. The method has been evaluated and applied to Urtica dioica root extracts. The lignan secoisolariciresinol (5) as well as a mixture of isomeric (11 E)-9,10,13-trihydroxy-11-octadecenoic and (10 E)-9,12,13-trihydroxy-10-octadecenoic acids (3 and 4, resp.) were demonstrated to reduce binding activity of human SHBG. Methylation of the mixture of 3 and 4 increased its activity about 10-fold.

1: Planta Med. 1997 Dec;63(6):529-32.Links

Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
Schöttner M, Gansser D, Spiteller G.
Lehrstuhl Organische Chemie I, Universität Bayreuth, Germany.
Polar extracts of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica L.) roots contain the ligans (+)-neoolivil, (-)-secoisolariciresinol, dehydrodiconiferyl alcohol, isolariciresinol, pinoresinol, and 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran. These compounds were either isolated from Urtica roots, or obtained semisynthetically. Their affinity to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) was tested in an in vitro assay. In addition, the main intestinal transformation products of plant lignans in humans, enterodiol and enterolactone, together with enterofuran were checked for their activity. All lignans except (-)-pinoresinol developed a binding affinity to SHBG in the in vitro assay. The affinity of (-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran was outstandingly high. These findings are discussed with respect to potential beneficial effects of plant lignans on benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).

1: Planta Med. 1995 Feb;61(1):31-2.Links

The effect of extracts of the roots of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) on the interaction of SHBG with its receptor on human prostatic membranes.
Hryb DJ, Khan MS, Romas NA, Rosner W.
Department of Medicine, St. Luke's/Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, N.Y. 10019.

Extracts from the roots of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) are used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. The mechanisms underlying this treatment have not been elucidated. We set out to determine whether specific extracts from U. dioica had the ability to modulate the binding of sex hormone-binding globulin to its receptor on human prostatic membranes. Four substances contained in U. dioica were examined: an aqueous extract; an alcoholic extract; U. dioica agglutinin, and stigmasta-4-en-3-one. Of these, only the aqueous extract was active. It inhibited the binding of 125I-SHBG to its receptor. The inhibition was dose related, starting at about 0.6 mg/ml and completely inhibited binding at 10 mg/ml.

1: J Biol Chem. 1990 Apr 15;265(11):6048-54.

The control of the interaction of sex hormone-binding globulin with its receptor by steroid hormones.
Hryb DJ, Khan MS, Romas NA, Rosner W.
Department of Medicine, St. Luke's/Roosevelt Hospital Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10019.
Sex hormone-binding globulins (SHBG) is a plasma glycoprotein that binds certain steroids. It, in turn, binds to a specific receptor on cell membranes. This work was undertaken to investigate the role of steroids in the interaction of SHBG with its receptor. Because the probe for the interaction of SHBG with its receptor is 125I-SHBG, we first showed that 125I-SHBG binds [3H]dihydrotestosterone (DHT) at 4 degrees C and 37 degrees C with KD values similar to those published previously for pure radioinert SHBG. 125I-SHBG could be prevented from binding to its receptor by a variety of steroids whose relative inhibitory activity (dihydrotestosterone much greater than 2-methoxyestradiol greater than testosterone greater than estradiol much greater than methyltrienolone greater than cortisol) was almost identical to their relative ability to bind to SHBG. Because significant binding of [3H]DHT to the SHBG receptor could not be demonstrated, steroid inhibition of SHBG binding must be noncompetitive. If steroids bound to SHBG prevent binding to the SHBG receptor, then liganded SHBG should have a higher apparent KD for its receptor than unliganded SHBG. This is the case. The KD was 0.86 +/- 0.25 nM for the high affinity receptor site using liganded SHBG and 0.19 +/- 0.024 nM for unliganded SHBG. Thus, only liganded SHBG assumes a conformation that prohibits interaction with the SHBG receptor. However, when unliganded SHBG was prebound to its receptor, it retained its ability to bind [3H] DHT. The model that emerges from these observations is as follows. Unliganded SHBG can bind either steroids or receptor in a reversible reaction; SHBG bound to a steroid cannot bind to the receptor, but unliganded SHBG that first binds to the receptor can subsequently bind steroids.

Last edited:
eating unprocessed oats will also do it (avena sativa extract which is regular oat extract is known to lower SHBG)

????

I guess this is another one of Phil's teasers...lol.

Bump for Phil's answer... lol! :D

what dosage of masteron would be beneficial for increasing free test?

inuslin lower SHBG levles.

Lower levles of SHBG= More free testostrone.

TRUE

Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Vol 80, 654-658, Copyright © 1995 by Endocrine Society

Insulin regulates testosterone and sex hormone-binding globulin concentrations in adult normal weight and obese men

R Pasquali, F Casimirri, R De Iasio, P Mesini, S Boschi, R Chierici, R Flamia, M Biscotti and V Vicennati
Institute of Clinical Medicine 1, Endocrine Unit, Bologna, Italy.
There are no studies in vivo on the effects of insulin on androgens and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) in men. We, therefore, investigated the effects of insulin suppression on testosterone and SHBG in two groups of eight nondiabetic adult obese men and six healthy normal weight men who underwent diazoxide treatment (100 mg, three times daily) for 7 days. Blood samples for hormone determination were obtained before the subjects had been selected for the study, immediately before diazoxide administration, and on the last day of treatment. A 24-h oral glucose tolerance test was also performed for glucose, insulin, and C-peptide determinations before and on the last day of treatment. Only one subject experienced significant side- effects, and no significant changes in mean body weight were found during the treatment. Diazoxide administration worsened glucose tolerance in several subjects and reduced fasting and glucose- stimulated insulin levels by approximately 50% in both control and obese subjects. No significant difference was present between historical and pretreatment hormone values in either group. Moreover, there were no differences in pretreatment gonadotropin and SHBG concentrations between the two groups, whereas testosterone (free and total) levels were lower in the obese than in the control subjects. After diazoxide administration, testosterone (free and total) decreased slightly, but significantly, whereas LH and SHBG significantly increased in both groups. Diazoxide treatment increased estradiol levels in controls, but not in obese men. In conclusion, these results indicate that in vivo, insulin is capable of stimulating testosterone production and, simultaneously, of inhibiting SHBG concentrations in both normal weight and obese men.

Sex Hormone–Binding Globulin and Testosterone in Individuals With Childhood Diabetes

Kirstie K. Danielson, PHD1, Melinda L. Drum, PHD2 and Rebecca B. Lipton, PHD, MPH, BSN1,2
1 Institute for Endocrine Discovery and Clinical Care, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
2 Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Corresponding author: Kirstie K. Danielson, PhD, 5841 S. Maryland Ave., MC5053, Chicago, IL 60637. E-mail: [email protected]

OBJECTIVE—Insulin downregulates hepatic production of sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), which in turn influences sex hormone bioavailability. The effects of childhood-onset diabetes and insulin resistance in nondiabetic individuals on SHBG and testosterone in children and young adults are poorly understood.
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS—Individuals with diabetes diagnosed at <18 years of age (n = 48) and their siblings without diabetes (n = 47) were recruited for the Chicago Childhood Diabetes Registry Family Study. SHBG and total and free testosterone were measured. Participants ranged in age from 10 to 32 years; 39% were non-Hispanic white. The majority of individuals with diabetes had the classic type 1 phenotype (75%), while the remainder exhibited features of type 2 or mixed diabetes; 96% were treated with insulin.
RESULTS—SHBG and total testosterone were higher in male subjects with diabetes compared with those in male siblings. Elevated SHBG was associated with the absence of endogenous insulin independent of sex; elevated total testosterone was similarly associated with the absence of C-peptide for male subjects only. Diabetes type and treatment were unrelated. In those without diabetes, greater insulin resistance had a small, nonsignificant association with lower SHBG and higher free testosterone.
CONCLUSIONS—SHBG and total testosterone appear to be higher in male children and young adults with diabetes compared with nondiabetic male siblings, which is apparently related to the absence of endogenous insulin. This may have implications for sex hormone–dependent processes across the lifespan in male individuals diagnosed with diabetes as children.

Abbreviations: HOMA, homeostasis model assessment • SHBG, sex hormone–binding globulin

Don't he just love them......:rolleyes:

This is guess the famous running back all over again!
I'm pretty sure that I know what it is.

My guess is that it starts with a "D"

I actually read an article. that Proviron can actually compete with test at receptors, it's a good hardening agent but could actually hinder gains.
This was a very long time ago though, so I'm not sure if there were any further studies on this subject.

Last edited:
quick search on pubmed gave me this.

Relative binding affinity of anabolic-androgenic steroids: comparison of the binding to the androgen receptors in skeletal muscle and in prostate, as well as to sex hormone-binding globulin.Saartok T, Dahlberg E, Gustafsson JA.
It is unclear whether anabolic steroids act on skeletal muscle via the androgen receptor (AR) in this tissue, or whether there is a separate anabolic receptor. When several anabolic steroids were tested as competitors for the binding of [3H]methyltrienolone (MT; 17 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-4,9,11-estratrien-3-one) to the AR in rat and rabbit skeletal muscle and rat prostate, respectively, MT itself was the most efficient competitor. 1 alpha-Methyl-5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (1 alpha-methyl-DHT; mesterolone) bound most avidly to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) [relative binding affinity (RBA) about 4 times that of DHT]. Some anabolic-androgenic steroids bound strongly to the AR in skeletal muscle and prostate [ RBAs relative to that of MT: MT greater than 19-nortestosterone ( NorT ; nandrolone) greater than methenolone (17 beta-hydroxy-1-methyl-5 alpha-androst-1-en-3-one) greater than testosterone (T) greater than 1 alpha-methyl-DHT]. In other cases, AR binding was weak (RBA values less than 0.05): stanozolol (17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha- androstano [3,2-c]pyrazol-17 beta-ol), methanedienone (17 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-1,4-androstadien-3-one), and fluoxymesterolone (9 alpha-fluoro-11 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-T). Other compounds had RBAs too low to be determined (e.g. oxymetholone (17 beta-hydroxy-2-hydroxymethylene-17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha-androstan-3-one) and ethylestrenol (17 alpha-ethyl-4- estren -17 beta-ol). The competition pattern was similar in muscle and prostate, except for a higher RBA of DHT in the prostate. The low RBA of DHT in muscle was probably due to the previously reported rapid reduction of its 3-keto function to metabolites, which did not bind to the AR [5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha, 17 beta-diol and its 3 beta-isomer (3 alpha- and 3 beta-adiol, respectively)]. Some anabolic-androgenic steroids (only a few synthetic) bound to SHBG (1 alpha-methyl-DHT much greater than DHT greater than T greater than 3 beta-adiol greater than 3 alpha-adiol = 17 alpha-methyl-T greater than methenolone greater than methanedienone greater than stanozolol). The ratio of the RBA in rat muscle to that in the prostate (an estimate of the myotrophic potency of the compounds) was close to unity, varying only between about 0.4 and 1.7 in most cases.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)

PMID: 6539197 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

let me know if that study is not clear enough for you non-believers :rolleyes:

shit works well in terms of libido during cycle i like it fine at 25mg, some go as high as 100 mg. nettle extract is good too, probably during pct, but ive seen peeps use proviron during pct as well.

masteron feels about the same but masteron actually gives additional gains where proviron does not have anabolic effect.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner