over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why Peanutbutter and rice cakes at comps

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I noticed that it seemed the majority of the people (competitors) at the last show I went to were snacking on peanutbutter and rice cakes , even guys who i know don't do a "crap" load type percontest diet

Is their some sort of loading effect that comes from this?

I noticed that it seemed the majority of the people (competitors) at the last show I went to were snacking on peanutbutter and rice cakes , even guys who i know don't do a "crap" load type percontest diet

Is their some sort of loading effect that comes from this?
dry carbs and fat load. :lightbulb:

dry carbs and fat load. :lightbulb:

AAHHH , seems like its pretty common , is that more predictable than the typical carb load?

I've been trying to find all the differant ways that guys do precontest loading and see what effects it has on their body composition and at what times.

What Alex has me doing is just coasting into the show may add a little more carbs the morning of but i guess it goes back to the saying "either your ready or your not"

I just find it realy intersting what differant styles guys use and how it works

AAHHH , seems like its pretty common , is that more predictable than the typical carb load?

I've been trying to find all the differant ways that guys do precontest loading and see what effects it has on their body composition and at what times.

What Alex has me doing is just coasting into the show may add a little more carbs the morning of but i guess it goes back to the saying "either your ready or your not"

I just find it realy intersting what differant styles guys use and how it works

A lot (maybe most) guys will already have carb loaded (and perhaps fat loaded) in the days leading up to the show, and the rice cakes and pb is to just maintain fullness the day of the show, more or less.

Contest day I like to keep the carbs dry in the morning with some sugars so I prefer jelly over the PB though.

I would go with Shelby's response but add that just because a lot of people do it, doesn't mean it is worth a damn.

Skip

I would go with Shelby's response but add that just because a lot of people do it, doesn't mean it is worth a damn.

Skip

Mini pancakes! That's my choice. Add some PB in the middle and fold up like a soft taco and eat.

I can't wait to eat my rice cakes and PB this weekend at the USA's!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm :D

bananas is best for carbload there is no fucking food on earth make your muscles full as bananas it have Potassium in it that make the muscles full

Skip

So true, It amazes me when you ask someone why they are doing something and they respond "That's what everybody does" or better yet "I saw it online" or "That's what so and so does in his video".

Snack on them every day, lol

never did peanut butter, always rice cakes and jelly for me, it works for me so i dont change a thing.

I usually cut out all sodium around 3 days out. Doesnt peanut butter contain heaps of sodium? I usually stick to eating clean, potato and chicken breast.

If I was going to add fats ( I usually dont ) I would prob use olive oil or something similar.

natural pb contains about 90 mg of sodium per 2 tbs. remember, you need SOME sodium. (or so im told)

Bboys right .. dry carbs and fat also nice and convinient and easy.. seems like crunchy foods satisfy you a little more too.. Thats why i like pickles during hard dieting down the stretch when bodyfat is low..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity