over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why.......pro cards North Americans

phatkid77

Kilo Klub Member
So. Apparently (for physique men and women) the top TWO got their pro cards? Yet bodybuilding (which started it ALL???) only the class winners received. Correct? And it used to be only or the overall.no? Atleast up here in canada that's how she rolls I think

So, why too two for physique and not BB?
Any idea how many cards doled out at the North Americans ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were wondering that too. Not even Bikini gets them that easy. 1st place only at this show. My wife said she read something like 35 pro cards given out at NA.

So. Apparently (for physique men and women) the top TWO got their pro cards? Yet bodybuilding (which started it ALL???) only the class winners received. Correct? And it used to be only or the overall.no? Atleast up here in canada that's how she rolls I think

MOre pros equals more entries equals more money for promoters.

Why not do the same in BB?

I would guess bc it's been around so much longer and there are already so many cards, but that's just a guess.

the newer divisions will have less people in them and most likely want to bump up the competitiveness of the class as well as other things

35X$200=$7000

The people I feel bad for are the bodybuilders from back in the day that we're never able to turn pro due to it being appropriately difficult to do. People like Beau Matlock, Edgar Fletcher, Matt Mendenhall, Rory Leidelmeyer, and many others who would wipe the floor with many of the current pros.
Oh well, powers that be gotta make their money I guess.

35X$200=$7000

The people I feel bad for are the bodybuilders from back in the day that we're never able to turn pro due to it being appropriately difficult to do. People like Beau Matlock, Edgar Fletcher, Matt Mendenhall, Rory Leidelmeyer, and many others who would wipe the floor with many of the current pros.
Oh well, powers that be gotta make their money I guess.

just because these guys are getting their pro cards more easily doesn't mean they will have any success in the IFBB.

what difference does a pro card make (besides accomplishment) if you are occupying the third callout at every pro show?

Like Shelby said. Not everyone can win a pro show. Someone has to lose
I think it's prestige. IFBB pro
And no way in hell should Jason Genova and myself show up. Everyone else breaks their leg. And him and I get 1-2 an pro cards
We should not be able to have ifbb if john meadows isn't. For instance lol
Simple terms

just because these guys are getting their pro cards more easily doesn't mean they will have any success in the IFBB.

what difference does a pro card make (besides accomplishment) if you are occupying the third callout at every pro show?

If your a personal trainer it adds to your prestige and what you can charge.

[lang=da]they are giving to many procard out. even in the bodybuilding class.

it is all about the money. the pro leauge want to earn more money.[/lang]

Exactly.

They didn't even give it to every class winner in the BB. Only the top 3 in the overall got a card.

Like Shelby said. Not everyone can win a pro show. Someone has to lose
I think it's prestige. IFBB pro
And no way in hell should Jason Genova and myself show up. Everyone else breaks their leg. And him and I get 1-2 an pro cards
We should not be able to have ifbb if john meadows isn't. For instance lol
Simple terms

So you are putting yourself in the great Jason Genova's same category???????????:p

Way back when guys shunned the North Americans as it was considered and really was a way to turn pro for the guys not good enough to win the USA's and the Nationals where only the overall winner (USA's) and the class winners (National's) would get their pro cards.

Pro bodybuilding cards had been giving away for how many year? 30 or so?
Pro physique cards had been giving away for how many years? 3 or so?
How many pro bodybuilder do we have? and how many pro physique guys?

Pro bodybuilding cards had been giving away for how many year? 30 or so?
Pro physique cards had been giving away for how many years? 3 or so?
How many pro bodybuilder do we have? and how many pro physique guys?

I totally understand this but a lot of those BB pro cards belong to retired men and women.

I totally understand this but a lot of those BB pro cards belong to retired men and women.
Well retired or not ifbb pro status is given for life, it is accomplishment. But I agree - pro cards should be earned not given away like its in physique division, for me pro value is alot a lot lower in physique compared to bodybuilding

what difference does a pro card make (besides accomplishment) if you are occupying the third callout at every pro show?[/QUOTE]

Ok, so you would turn down a pro card because you feel that your success as a pro would be lackluster?

What difference does it make? Is this a serious question? It is a multifaceted answer. Many of these guys are trainers, so having the IFBB PRO in front of your name gives you more credibility to people (maybe not deservingly, but it does), more of a chance to get sponsors and make more money. But the actual accomplishment is the main reason. If you ask a child who wants to be a professional athlete (football, basketball, baseball etc) why they want to do that, the overwhelming answer will be because they love the sport. I'm going to venture out and say that most of the guys who are competing love it, and realize there isn't a ton of money out there except for the very select few and do it because they love it

I have to disagree. If you have been to a few Pro shows you will see that there is WAY MORE Men's Physique guys competing, so I don't buy the whole, lets give out tons of cards to the MPD so we catch up to BBing. I think it's more like it makes the IFBB and promoters more money as the MPD guys seem to compete at a lot more shows than the average Pro BBer, so therefore more money in people's pockets that are involved in the shows. I think it is retarded and totally unfair to the BBers that have worked so hard to get to where they are and some toothpick legs guy who has worked out for maybe a year and competes at a cpl shows and is given his card. That is why the quality of the competitors is declining as a whole cause everybody wants to compete as we try to make it so mainstream. I miss the days when bbing was an extreme or fringe sport that very few could push themselves hard enough mentally and physically to get there. Now we have bikini girls by the hundreds showing up to compete that have almost no gym experience and MPD and bam after a few shows they are a PRO? I'm not saying we get rid of it, just maybe they belong at a show of their own?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws