over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why take benadryl

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have seen on here several times that some guys referance to taking Benadryl with their cycle , is their some other bennifit to it other than alergies and makeing you sleepy?

Its mostly for sleepy time Gun.

I am pretty sure that certain antihistamines such as ketofin help with prolonging T3 use also, but not sure if it's benedryl.

I have seen on here several times that some guys referance to taking Benadryl with their cycle , is their some other bennifit to it other than alergies and makeing you sleepy?

It is used so you can stay on Clen longer then two weeks. ketofin Is way better and I take it every 3rd week if I wanted to stay on Clen for a while.

Thanks fellas , I'm plannig to use it when I start some DNP to help me sleep.

thanks again for the heads up

Keto and Benadryl help refesh the B2 receptors that Clen downregulates that brings body tempature back to normal after a few weeks

T-3 taken actually helps and prolongs this process as well.

But DNP has no down regulations of B2's so I see no point in taken Keto or Benadryl if your just on DNP. It would help with allergies but that is about it.

If you just want something to help you sleep I would use melatonin.

Keto and Benadryl help refesh the B2 receptors that Clen downregulates that brings body tempature back to normal after a few weeks

T-3 taken actually helps and prolongs this process as well.

But DNP has no down regulations of B2's so I see no point in taken Keto or Benadryl if your just on DNP. It would help with allergies but that is about it.

How can this be?
Antihistamines bind to histamine receptors (H1, H2, etc), so how are beta receptors "refreshed" (whatever that means)?

I'd like to see some real research on this one - muscle board gossip doesn't count.

How can this be?
Antihistamines bind to histamine receptors (H1, H2, etc), so how are beta receptors "refreshed" (whatever that means)?

I'd like to see some real research on this one - muscle board gossip doesn't count.

Refreshed or restored whatever but the way it works is to reduce beta-2 receptor activity, and restore receptor function (Z Erkr Atmungsorgane. 1990;175(3):141-6).

Hooker also has a great article on this on the synthetek website under articles.

But as soon as I fine more solid info I will post!

Last edited:
Refreshed or restored whatever but the way it works is to reduce beta-2 receptor activity, and restore receptor function (Z Erkr Atmungsorgane. 1990;175(3):141-6).

Hooker also has a great article on this on the synthetek website under articles.

But as soon as I fine more solid info I will post!

I'd like to see it - thanks!

I'd like to see it - thanks!

Dad I have to admit I see were you are coming from and can feel your frustation as far as medical or scientific research. Most of the info out
there is from so called experts on forums saying how to take benadryl with clen without any scientific research to the matter. But one thing I did see are the supposedly real world results and experiences from many experienced bodybuilders.

But again this is not the science. So I totally understand were you are coming from when you want the scientific proof and it is simply not there.

But this is the closest thing with any weight I could find so far:

"Benadryl is sold as an anti-histimine in the United States, and/or a sleep aid elsewhere in the world. However, Beta receptors are embedded in the cell's outer phospholipid membrane. The stability of the membrane has a lot to do with the proper function of the receptors. Methylation of the phospholipids is stimulated by the binding of beta agonists to their receptors. Methylated phospholipids are foreign to the body, and when the body recognizes them as foreign, it breaks them down with phospholipase A2. This changes the structure of the outer membrane which results in desensitizaton of the beta receptors. On the other hand, agents that inhibit phospholipase A2 slow desensitization.

Cationic ampiphylic drugs are known for their ability to inhibit phospholipase A2. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a cationic ampiphylic drug.

Ergo, Benadryl slows desensitization of Beta receptors (i.e. Upgrades them) by inhibiting phospholipase A2, which is the enzyme that breaks down methylated phospholipids, and this action in turn keeps the phospholipid membrane stable, and thus keeps the receptors functioning properly.

Reference:

Prog Clin Biol Res. 1981;63:383-8.
Phospholipid methylation: a possible mechanism of signal transduction across biomembranes.
Hirata F, Tallman JF, Henneberry RC, Mallorga P, Strittmatter WJ, Axelrod J"

The research will continue.

Dad I have to admit I see were you are coming from and can feel your frustation as far as medical or scientific research. Most of the info out
there is from so called experts on forums saying how to take benadryl with clen without any scientific research to the matter. But one thing I did see are the supposedly real world results and experiences from many experienced bodybuilders.

But again this is not the science. So I totally understand were you are coming from when you want the scientific proof and it is simply not there.

But this is the closest thing with any weight I could find so far:

"Benadryl is sold as an anti-histimine in the United States, and/or a sleep aid elsewhere in the world. However, Beta receptors are embedded in the cell's outer phospholipid membrane. The stability of the membrane has a lot to do with the proper function of the receptors. Methylation of the phospholipids is stimulated by the binding of beta agonists to their receptors. Methylated phospholipids are foreign to the body, and when the body recognizes them as foreign, it breaks them down with phospholipase A2. This changes the structure of the outer membrane which results in desensitizaton of the beta receptors. On the other hand, agents that inhibit phospholipase A2 slow desensitization.

Cationic ampiphylic drugs are known for their ability to inhibit phospholipase A2. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a cationic ampiphylic drug.

Ergo, Benadryl slows desensitization of Beta receptors (i.e. Upgrades them) by inhibiting phospholipase A2, which is the enzyme that breaks down methylated phospholipids, and this action in turn keeps the phospholipid membrane stable, and thus keeps the receptors functioning properly.

Reference:

Prog Clin Biol Res. 1981;63:383-8.
Phospholipid methylation: a possible mechanism of signal transduction across biomembranes.
Hirata F, Tallman JF, Henneberry RC, Mallorga P, Strittmatter WJ, Axelrod J"

The research will continue.

Thanks, Nat - appreciate the effort and references!

Yeah, I do get frustrated with all unsubstantiated the ideas that get passed off as fact. That's why my usual attitiude is scepticism, but on the other hand, there are lots of new things out there and no one (least of all me) has the time to keep up with them all.

Looking forward to anything else yuo might find - I'll try and do a little digging on this one, too, as yuo've aroused my curiosity!

How long can one stay on clen that way?

You just take it every 3rd week while still taking clen?

Ya thats the most common protocol... in theory you could stay on clen for months I wouldnt though....

How long can one stay on clen that way?

You just take it every 3rd week while still taking clen?

The longest I stayed on Clen was 8 weeks and the effects of clen was still working.
I was taking ketofin every night for 7 days every 3rd week.
I still like the 2 weeks of clen 2 weeks of ECA then repeat also.

how much of the ketotifen were you taking? thanks

i have heard 10mgs but also 3-4mgs

I found Benadryl useless for up-regulating my receptors during clen use. Only time off did it for me. I did buy some Ketotifin, but found the overall grogginess it caused the next day was not worth it.

wow DNP??? you have balls.... that shit is hazardous in so many ways....

sowwy just my opinion

I found Benadryl useless for up-regulating my receptors during clen use. Only time off did it for me. I did buy some Ketotifin, but found the overall grogginess it caused the next day was not worth it.

Ketotifin did work for me but for the same reason as yourself I stopped using it because I was dead tired the next morning.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131