over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why you should not take statins.

Brand new non-statin here, Praluent. I feel like a big pharma lab rat.

Please note: If prescribed a statin by your physician please take as directed. I take mine 3x a week simply because of very high family risk but my personal lipids have always been good and no known CAD. THis is for prevention hence the dosing regimine.

I have to ask if you don't mind answering, but you really don't find them harmful at all? It seems like every day there is a new danger we hear associated with them. If we google the dangers of statins, we will get pages full of results. I would never say they're worse than AAS obviously, but given your experience, I'm curious why you seem to be pretty confident they are perfectly fine?

I have to ask if you don't mind answering, but you really don't find them harmful at all? It seems like every day there is a new danger we hear associated with them. If we google the dangers of statins, we will get pages full of results. I would never say they're worse than AAS obviously, but given your experience, I'm curious why you seem to be pretty confident they are perfectly fine?

If you look at it this way, any synthetic thing in the body , it throws the body off balance and from there ,others things are changed and altered. Synthetic drugs are man made and always have side effects of some sort no matter how small or big. So , if we still want to body build and the things we take can be toxic too a point .So my point is ,we take test , gh ,other things that might not be as bad because its a hormone that suppose to be in our body.But when we put other things that statins and ace, beta blockers , it really messes up the body balance. For me, i want to still body build into later years ( 54 years old and therefore, i need to make sure my diet is clean, i detox , and my body naturally is working at its peak. I want to keep my toxicty at its very least ,in other wards ,limit man made drugs.
If we have high blood pressure, we should find the root of the cause and not mask it with a drug because that drug is def gonna have some side effect. Its kind of a " how much risk to benefit" you want to take?
One always has to look at the source of the study to make sure its not biased for financial gain.
Another point is AAS is really not that bad because its mimicking the body`s own function. Drugs like statins, ace ,beta blockers really messes the body`s function up real bad .

Not that i dont find them harmful at all, all drugs can be harmful its that i find them as a good tool when needed.

If you google benefits and risk reduction and plaque stabilization you will get even more results. I suggest only looking at pubmed when making informed decisions and while you can consider other sources all too often there is BS on the internet with no filter, pubmed helps with that and then its up to you to look at the studies and see which are good and which ones arent.

What you see is me not demonize them like so many on AAS forums. They are a tool, a damn good tool when used correctly for the appropriate indications. If you have either calcified or noncalcified plaque then something is wrong and you have been doing damage. Sure i would love everyone to make lifestyle modification and maybe reverse it.. i would love that! But truth be told too many ppl on here dont real the effects AAS are having on there arteries or maybe they just dont care.

So statins do have sides but not too many. My primary concerns would be ppl using them a crutch when it should only be done with lifestyle changes.

I will continue to not see them as evil just as i wont see, chemo and radiation and surgery as evil and we all know they have sides but id certainly recommend them when it is indicated based on risks and rewards.

I am a type one diabetic for 20 years and have had the same doctor the whole time, I trust him very much. but since a few guys on a muscle board says I should not be on pravastatin then I will stop. I think I should listen to a few members who copy and paste articles over a very good doctor, good choice

I mentioned this before but ill say it again. I am personally taking a statin for PREVENTION.

Thats probably unheard of on AAS forums because statins are terrible for u right? I lead a very healthy lifestyle yet due to familial risk factors i find the benefits of statins outweighing the risks.

Ppl will say "statins elevate liver enzymes!" Mine never budged. or "statins cause a mental fog and make you depressed". Nothing changed. I feel no different, i feel great. My Total cholesterol is between 120-130. Before statins is was 150-175. My LDL dropped about 10 pts and HDL was up 3 points on last blood work but i guess the HDL might just be normal fluctuation. as that was the first time it changed.

What ppl dont understand is AAS use can put you at a very increased risk. Not quite as much as diabetes but much higher then normal for CAD. Add insulin and GH and "bulking diets".. yea you are now high risk. Yet ppl like to think they are fine and statins are poisons...

Nothing i say will change ppls minds. The AAs community likes chiropractors ( most crap but not all), hates statins ( no reason for that), loves supplements that are complete fads and based on poor science, likes alternative medicine ( dont kill me LK3 u know i mean it with the best of intentions) instead of whats been proven because they think doctors have some hidden agenda ( we dont), think growth hormone heals all ( it doesnt lol), too many have no idea what vaccines even do yet they are against them lol. I could keep on going about the ridiculous behaviors but i still love the community. I just think its now 2017 and as a community we need to evolve.

PPl need to be educated and make informed choices. Dont want to take a statin ok.. no problem but make sure your decision is based on all the info available not just a small portion of it.

I mentioned this before but ill say it again. I am personally taking a statin for PREVENTION.

Thats probably unheard of on AAS forums because statins are terrible for u right? I lead a very healthy lifestyle yet due to familial risk factors i find the benefits of statins outweighing the risks.

Ppl will say "statins elevate liver enzymes!" Mine never budged. or "statins cause a mental fog and make you depressed". Nothing changed. I feel no different, i feel great. My Total cholesterol is between 120-130. Before statins is was 150-175. My LDL dropped about 10 pts and HDL was up 3 points on last blood work but i guess the HDL might just be normal fluctuation. as that was the first time it changed.

What ppl dont understand is AAS use can put you at a very increased risk. Not quite as much as diabetes but much higher then normal for CAD. Add insulin and GH and "bulking diets".. yea you are now high risk. Yet ppl like to think they are fine and statins are poisons...

Nothing i say will change ppls minds. The AAs community likes chiropractors ( most crap but not all), hates statins ( no reason for that), loves supplements that are complete fads and based on poor science, likes alternative medicine ( dont kill me LK3 u know i mean it with the best of intentions) instead of whats been proven because they think doctors have some hidden agenda ( we dont), think growth hormone heals all ( it doesnt lol), too many have no idea what vaccines even do yet they are against them lol. I could keep on going about the ridiculous behaviors but i still love the community. I just think its now 2017 and as a community we need to evolve.

PPl need to be educated and make informed choices. Dont want to take a statin ok.. no problem but make sure your decision is based on all the info available not just a small portion of it.

my ldl has been perfect since I started pravastatin 10 years ago. I believe it was around 150-160 when he put me on it, obviously not good for a type 1 diabetic. since being on pravastatin for 10 years my ldl is around 75 range. I have had zero side affects. the way people talk I should be dead already.

As far as I am concerned, my body is made of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids, NOT from synthetic crap. In fact, anybody in the bodybuilding industry can taker all the steroids in the world, but itself they WILL NOT build muscle. Nutrition builds muscle because thats what we are made off. People leave outside all the micronutrients thinking is mythology or science by witch doctors. Then they develop countless chronic diseases and blame genetics.

I personally have flushed down the crapper EVERY SINGLE drug prescribed by an MD and have advised everybody I know to do the same and will keep advising everybody to do the same. Each individual is absolutely free to take the advise or not and do whatever they believe is better for their health and body. I know whats better for mine.

The day CAD IS NOT one of the 3 leading causes of death in the USA, THEN I will give credit to some drug used. For now, statins were introduced over 30 years ago already and CAD is still one of the number 3 leading causes of death in pretty much the whole world. And even more, numbers are increasing.

As far as I am concerned, my body is made of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids, NOT from synthetic crap. In fact, anybody in the bodybuilding industry can taker all the steroids in the world, but itself they WILL NOT build muscle. Nutrition builds muscle because thats what we are made off. People leave outside all the micronutrients thinking is mythology or science by witch doctors. Then they develop countless chronic diseases and blame genetics.

I personally have flushed down the crapper EVERY SINGLE drug prescribed by an MD and have advised everybody I know to do the same and will keep advising everybody to do the same. Each individual is absolutely free to take the advise or not and do whatever they believe is better for their health and body. I know whats better for mine.

The day CAD IS NOT one of the 3 leading causes of death in the USA, THEN I will give credit to some drug used. For now, statins were introduced over 30 years ago already and CAD is still one of the number 3 leading causes of death in pretty much the whole world. And even more, numbers are increasing.

Few notes:

1) A few years guys were touting red yeast rice to lower cholesterol.

Red yeast rice contains(ed, it's not supposed to, but supplements aren't regulated so...) lovastatin, which is a Rx prescription. Many drugs were developed from natural remedies. Digoxin is one of them, I hope if you're ever prescribed it that you take it or else you'll probably die. What about insulin? It's "synthetic crap" yet millions depend on it to stay alive. Vaccinations? Are you an anti-vaxxer too? How about antibiotics?

So simply saying "it's all synthetic crap" represents a gross misunderstanding of drug development. Your water is treated with fluoride and chlorine, are you going to stop drinking that too? I hope you've purchased a RO water system making those kind of statements.

2) Flushing your meds down the toilet? Please at least take them to a drug take-back program. Our waterways don't need any more Rx chemicals in them.

3) This is just a really bad statement. Why would you give credit to some drug? CAD is primarily caused by lifestyle events, although there are plenty of people that NEED statins to stay alive due to genetics (familial hypercholesterolemia). A drug won't be the reason we see CAD wiped out, but in the meantime can you offer a better alternative to a growing population that refuses to do something about it?

Your whole last statement acts like statins are correlated with the rise in CAD. Statins decrease mortality rates and extend lifespans for those that they're indicated for. I'm not saying everyone should take them, but saying NOBODY should take them is a really uneducated statement.

You need to do more research. Real research.

Yes i feel these drugs should be the last resort when no other option is available. Some People r lazy these days and if takes good diet and exercise avoid toxins .., thats a very good possibility that these problems like diabetes, heart disease and cancer goes away.But of course every day people r surrounded by bad temptation tthat leads to trouble and it doesnt help regulations are poor from government for these poor choices. especially north america.
Its strange to see one of the trends when antibiotics came out , so did an outburst of candida.hmmm. Antibiotics kill your good bacteria needed for your immune system. Candida...Drug addresses one problem creates more....Thats a pattern.

Not that i dont find them harmful at all, all drugs can be harmful its that i find them as a good tool when needed.

If you google benefits and risk reduction and plaque stabilization you will get even more results. I suggest only looking at pubmed when making informed decisions and while you can consider other sources all too often there is BS on the internet with no filter, pubmed helps with that and then its up to you to look at the studies and see which are good and which ones arent.

What you see is me not demonize them like so many on AAS forums. They are a tool, a damn good tool when used correctly for the appropriate indications. If you have either calcified or noncalcified plaque then something is wrong and you have been doing damage. Sure i would love everyone to make lifestyle modification and maybe reverse it.. i would love that! But truth be told too many ppl on here dont real the effects AAS are having on there arteries or maybe they just dont care.

So statins do have sides but not too many. My primary concerns would be ppl using them a crutch when it should only be done with lifestyle changes.

I will continue to not see them as evil just as i wont see, chemo and radiation and surgery as evil and we all know they have sides but id certainly recommend them when it is indicated based on risks and rewards.

I hear you. I've always seen them as poison but it's good to hear your perspective.

I hear you. I've always seen them as poison but it's good to hear your perspective.

Been on em for about 8 1/2 years now and I haven't died yet!

Been on em for about 8 1/2 years now and I haven't died yet!

We both should be dead brother. But injecting oils from a ug lab in which the raws came from china then handled and cooked by who knows in some house rented by a crew of cookers, thats okay and we should trust it. But of course most people only use lilly or pfizer:rolleyes:

I have to find a post I think i made on WCBB. It was last year when i saw this doctors cardiac CTA. Yes he was a physician but i forget the details of what type.

Sometime in his mid 30's he had dyslipidemia and was a fat ass.. ok i get it he should know better but thats not my point. then 5 years later he had a CTA.. no change at all.. everything looks stable. He stopped statins and it was 2-3 years later it blew up.. 90-100% stenosis in multiple vessels. That statins were preventing the propagation but he stopped without doing anything else and nature took its course.

Yes he should have changed other stuff.. ive already made enough posts about the "other stuff" but statins work when used correctly with minimal sides for most.

My personal thoughts are statins will help stabilize the damage and in many case help prevent some future damage which gives your body time to reverse it if you are determined enough. I am hoping it helps prevent damage in my case as my coronaries are clear as of last year.

Most people here are deep into the nutrition side...like I said before, just look at Dante's thread regarding supplements.

I notice you like to keep saying medicine is bad, etc but you never offer up any information to help someone out...just general statements like, it's all about nutrition. Layout a baseline plan that people should take into consideration for a healthier life...be specific.

Now, the part I put in bold is the part that keeps getting you in trouble here....enough of your personal crusade against medicine, science, etc. I think everyone knows your thoughts on the matter...you don't need to keep repeating yourself. Go to a forum where bashing medicine and science is the topic because this is your LAST warning on this forum! Stick to the topics or you'll be gone from here for good!

Last edited:
Most people here are deep into the nutrition side...like I said before, just look at Dante's thread regarding supplements.

I notice you like to keep saying medicine is bad, etc but you never offer up any information to help someone out...just general statements like, it's all about nutrition. Layout a baseline plan that people should take into consideration for a healthier life...be specific.

Now, the part I put in bold is the part that keeps getting you in trouble here....enough of your personal crusade against medicine, science, etc. I think everyone knows your thoughts on the matter...you don't need to keep repeating yourself. Go to a forum where bashing medicine and science is the topic because this is your LAST warning on this forum! Stick to the topics or you'll be gone from here for good!

Can you please quote WHERE did I say that medicine is bad? You're talking about theories that I have a crusade against medicine? Im not even a doctor or specialist. I am just a normal human who use common sense.

P.S. By the way, I would never advise anybody here, nor have advised anybody to flush drugs down the toilet. I have done that in person with people I know. I don't know here anybody personally from this board, and if you have drugs prescribed by a doctor I am nobody to give advise on what to do with them.

Last edited:
Few notes:

1) A few years guys were touting red yeast rice to lower cholesterol.

Red yeast rice contains(ed, it's not supposed to, but supplements aren't regulated so...) lovastatin, which is a Rx prescription. Many drugs were developed from natural remedies. Digoxin is one of them, I hope if you're ever prescribed it that you take it or else you'll probably die. What about insulin? It's "synthetic crap" yet millions depend on it to stay alive. Vaccinations? Are you an anti-vaxxer too? How about antibiotics?

So simply saying "it's all synthetic crap" represents a gross misunderstanding of drug development. Your water is treated with fluoride and chlorine, are you going to stop drinking that too? I hope you've purchased a RO water system making those kind of statements.

2) Flushing your meds down the toilet? Please at least take them to a drug take-back program. Our waterways don't need any more Rx chemicals in them.

3) This is just a really bad statement. Why would you give credit to some drug? CAD is primarily caused by lifestyle events, although there are plenty of people that NEED statins to stay alive due to genetics (familial hypercholesterolemia). A drug won't be the reason we see CAD wiped out, but in the meantime can you offer a better alternative to a growing population that refuses to do something about it?

Your whole last statement acts like statins are correlated with the rise in CAD. Statins decrease mortality rates and extend lifespans for those that they're indicated for. I'm not saying everyone should take them, but saying NOBODY should take them is a really uneducated statement.

You need to do more research. Real research.

I know what you're saying but my point is, drugs have their place. For example. If I use massive amounts of steroids wince a young age paying attention to macronutrients and no attention to micronutrients, I WILL DEVELOP PROBLEMS. Its pretty much guaranteed. Once I develop health problems, of course vitamins and minerals are not going to save my life. IN THAT CASE OF TRAUMA, allopathic medicine with drugs comes into play.

My point was for chronic conditions. For example if I find out that I am pre-diabetic, I am not going to start taking drugs to balance out my metabolism. In my common sense, I would research why I am pre diabetic and make changes in my lifestyle which usually correct the problem. If there was no other option whatsoever, as somebody else mentioned, then the last resort would be drugs. But I would never use drugs as prevention or just to balance out numbers.

My 0.02

I can't take them (Statin's), even on a low dose after about month 3, I'm walking like a 90 year old man, leg pain and muscle pain gets to be to much to deal with..

I know what you're saying but my point is, drugs have their place. For example. If I use massive amounts of steroids wince a young age paying attention to macronutrients and no attention to micronutrients, I WILL DEVELOP PROBLEMS. Its pretty much guaranteed. Once I develop health problems, of course vitamins and minerals are not going to save my life. IN THAT CASE OF TRAUMA, allopathic medicine with drugs comes into play.

My point was for chronic conditions. For example if I find out that I am pre-diabetic, I am not going to start taking drugs to balance out my metabolism. In my common sense, I would research why I am pre diabetic and make changes in my lifestyle which usually correct the problem. If there was no other option whatsoever, as somebody else mentioned, then the last resort would be drugs. But I would never use drugs as prevention or just to balance out numbers.

My 0.02
I have read many doctors books who were in mainstream allopathic med and what they said they were fed up with trying to fix a problem with a drug and then create more problems. They also did say they will use the drug temporary to get the numbers down and work on the root of the problem and eventually get off the drugs. DR TENNANT, DR SHAllenberger. Also note mainstream med cannot use natural things like ozone therapy and other alternatives because its not patent-able. They are limiting themselves . if I was on my death bed i would hope my tax dollars would pay for a system that does absolutely everything they can to regain may health no matter if its a drug or alternative method. What does that say about the system?

Can you please quote WHERE did I say that medicine is bad? You're talking about theories that I have a crusade against medicine? Im not even a doctor or specialist.

I'm not going to go back through your other posts. In this thread you said...

I personally have flushed down the crapper EVERY SINGLE drug prescribed by an MD and have advised everybody I know to do the same and will keep advising everybody to do the same.

You are constantly contradicting yourself. You need to think before you type.

Again, offer advice to members that you think is helpful but don't come into a thread just to complain.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear