over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wife Not Losing Weight

Registered
For the past five weeks my wife has been working hard to lose weight. She stepped on the scale this morning and only had a two pound weight loss. Her body composition looks better, but the scale shows otherwise. She has not cheated or deviated from her diet. She does not feel bloated or constipated. She is not on birth control. She is two weeks away from starting her period. We are looking for suggestions so I will provide as much detail as possible.

Stats
Height: 5'10
Starting weight: 186 pounds
Ending weight: 184 pounds
Medications: Synthroid 100mcg/day (labs checked at start of cycle and were normal)

Supplements
Anavar 10mg/day from a very trusted source (25 years and counting)

Workout
Orange Theory Fitness five times per week (morning) plus 2-3 weight lifting sessions per week (evening)

Diet
1600 calories per day
First meal at 10:00am
Last meal/snack at 4:00pm
Macros: 150 grams protein, 150 grams carbs, 45 grams fat
Meal 1 (pre-workout): Two Kodiak Cake blueberry waffles, 16oz Starbucks blonde roast coffee with creamer
Meal 2 (post-workout): Two whole eggs, one Premier Protein shake
Meal 3: 6oz chicken breast, one serving zucchini pasta, one Yasso Greek yogurt bar
Meal 4: One Premier Protein shake, one Yasso Greek yogurt bar
Snacks: Quest protein chips, Halo Top 35 calorie lemon pops
Water: 3/4 gallon per day

Notes
Last August my wife was eating 1800 calories/day and her weight went from 180 pounds to 165 pounds over a three month period. She gradually increased her intake to 2000 calories/day and gained all her weight back. Her underlying body composition is very muscular. Her arms are toned and her legs are very well built. Her problem areas are the midsection (abs, love handles, hips, butt).

What is her activity like outside the gym setting?
Is she tracking intake in addition to following the plan?
Is she weighing all intake?
How much sleep is she getting?
Have there been or are there any "cheat" or off plan meals put in at any frequency?

Outside of the gym she gets about 5,000 steps/day.
She weights her food and tracks all intake on an app.
She sleeps about six hours/night. The sleep may be restless because it is with our 5 and 3 year old.
No cheat meals at all during the past five weeks.

If her metabolic parameters look good on bloodwork and the food is 100% accurate then...

1. I'd suggest taking off the step tracker while she's doing orange theory and weight training so those don't count in the mix
2. I'd suggest getting the steps up to 8k per day without the workouts tracked.

Maybe she's not getting enough food. If the 1800 was working but the 2k and 1600 aren't then bump it up again. Plus you said her body composition is changing for the better. I was always told not to follow the scale bit that's harder said than done. And just reading her food you have listed it seems like ALOT less than my wife is eating and she's 5'2" and 141ish. She's losing about a pound a week

If she looks better then what does it matter what the scale says?

But if the scale is what you care about I would say the anavar is the culprit, my experience with anavar and women is that it makes them bigger as in dramatically more muscular, which would obviously play on the scale.

Is there any chance your wife might have estrogen dominance?

I had absolute hell losing weight until I came across articles on estrogen dominance and added Calcium D-Glucarate and DIM to my supplement regimen. Within ~3 months, my menstrual cycle was substantially lighter and regulated when it had always been heavy and sporadic, and I finally started seeing results from mindful dieting and daily gym visits.

Is there any chance your wife might have estrogen dominance?

I had absolute hell losing weight until I came across articles on estrogen dominance and added Calcium D-Glucarate and DIM to my supplement regimen. Within ~3 months, my menstrual cycle was substantially lighter and regulated when it had always been heavy and sporadic, and I finally started seeing results from mindful dieting and daily gym visits.

What brands of CDG and DIM do you recommend? Thank you for the information.

What brands of CDG and DIM do you recommend? Thank you for the information.

I price out my supplements by cost per count (provided that the dosage per cap is identical), and I almost always find the best prices on Amazon. Once in a while I'll go to Swanson Vitamins because I trust their house brand, and they carry things like NAC, which Amazon pulled from their inventory earlier this year. But generally speaking, if it's well-reviewed on Amazon and the price is right per count, that's the brand I'll go with, particularly since CDG can sometimes be tricky to source and I go through the bottles fairly quickly.

So depending on what's in stock when I need to repurchase, I'm currently using these brands from Amazon:

NatureBell ($0.12/ea) or NutriCost ($0./16) DIM 300mg - 1 per day
Horbaach ($0.13/ea) or Amazing Formulas ($0.19/ea) Calcium D-Glucarate 500mg - 4 per day

It took a while for me to find the right daily dose for CDG. I started at 2 per day, then scaled up to 4 per day which is the point at which my periods became almost clockwork at 28 - 30 days per cycle (I had previously dealt with 15+ years of cycles that would vary from 30 - 50 days apart). As I understand it, DIM supports estrogen metabolism in the liver, and CDG helps to ensure that estrogen marked for excretion actually leaves the body, so they work together synergistically.

Hope this helps!

I price out my supplements by cost per count (provided that the dosage per cap is identical), and I almost always find the best prices on Amazon. Once in a while I'll go to Swanson Vitamins because I trust their house brand, and they carry things like NAC, which Amazon pulled from their inventory earlier this year. But generally speaking, if it's well-reviewed on Amazon and the price is right per count, that's the brand I'll go with, particularly since CDG can sometimes be tricky to source and I go through the bottles fairly quickly.

So depending on what's in stock when I need to repurchase, I'm currently using these brands from Amazon:

NatureBell ($0.12/ea) or NutriCost ($0./16) DIM 300mg - 1 per day
Horbaach ($0.13/ea) or Amazing Formulas ($0.19/ea) Calcium D-Glucarate 500mg - 4 per day

It took a while for me to find the right daily dose for CDG. I started at 2 per day, then scaled up to 4 per day which is the point at which my periods became almost clockwork at 28 - 30 days per cycle (I had previously dealt with 15+ years of cycles that would vary from 30 - 50 days apart). As I understand it, DIM supports estrogen metabolism in the liver, and CDG helps to ensure that estrogen marked for excretion actually leaves the body, so they work together synergistically.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much. We appreciate all the information and will be ordering soon.

For the past five weeks my wife has been working hard to lose weight. She stepped on the scale this morning and only had a two pound weight loss. Her body composition looks better, but the scale shows otherwise.

I'm sorry but... What the literal fuck. SHE IS GAINING MUSCLE AND LOSING FAT. WHY DOES SCALE WEIGHT MATTER?!

Wait, there is more: HOW DID NO ONE ELSE POINT THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY?!

Body composition is subjective (the lighting, the mirror, the angle, the mental component, etc).

The scale is objective. Sometimes we need reassurance from the numbers.

I'm sorry but... What the literal fuck. SHE IS GAINING MUSCLE AND LOSING FAT. WHY DOES SCALE WEIGHT MATTER?!

Wait, there is more: HOW DID NO ONE ELSE POINT THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY?!
Don’t forget the psychology of the mind.

“In addition, the effect of self-weighing on weight loss was recorded where available. Positive effect sizes indicate that self-weighing had a positive effect on psychological outcomes (i.e., reduced depression or anxiety, increased self-esteem, improved body satisfaction or reduced disordered eating).”

Body composition is subjective (the lighting, the mirror, the angle, the mental component, etc).

The scale is objective. Sometimes we need reassurance from the numbers.
NO the scale is the biggest liar of all! It's the LEAST objective and every single trainer has been saying this for the last half a century non-stop. It's literally something trainers say endlessly because it's true, scale weight means shit because you are gaining muscle when training AND it applies than ever more when you are using AAS.

Honestly, you have no business helping anyone with reaching their fitness goals if you aren't painfully aware of this.

It is literally the FIRST thing you have to deprogram in people when they are dieting, especially in women.

While I'm at it: that diet is crap and the calories are probably way too low.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear