over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wife's first Triathalon

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So my wife did her first full triathalon today. She finished 4th in her age class. I couldn't be more proud of her for setting her goals, and completing them!

Attachments

• 20687145882_ORIG.jpeg
    20687145882_ORIG.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 475
WOW! That is awsome..I had a friend that competed in triathalons and they are some of the toughest cardio events. How many were in her class?

Congrats to her. I did one when I was 18 years old. Its some freaking hard stuff.

So my wife did her first full triathalon today. She finished 4th in her age class. I couldn't be more proud of her for setting her goals, and completing them!

That is awesome! It makes it soo much easier in a relationship when your spouse understands the importance of exercise, no matter what the goal. Congrats to her, that is quite the accomplishment! I see you are in FL, my little sis did one in the Orlando area today.....

^^^ she is doing one in Clermont in August. She had 7 in her class, so she finished right in the middle. She was not sure exactly how to train for it, but after going through it she feels like she knows what to focus on and how to train for the next one and what she needs to improve. She drank too much water on the bike (she knocked 5 min off her personal best) and cramped 1/4 way through the run. She was 1st out of water and 2nd after bike, the running killed her.

I am so proud of her!!! She plans on doing a bunch of them throughout the year, so I'm looking forward to being a cheerleader!:D:D:D

^^^ she is doing one in Clermont in August. She had 7 in her class, so she finished right in the middle. She was not sure exactly how to train for it, but after going through it she feels like she knows what to focus on and how to train for the next one and what she needs to improve. She drank too much water on the bike (she knocked 5 min off her personal best) and cramped 1/4 way through the run. She was 1st out of water and 2nd after bike, the running killed her.

I am so proud of her!!! She plans on doing a bunch of them throughout the year, so I'm looking forward to being a cheerleader!:D:D:D

I used to live in Howey-in-the-Hills and worked out at the Steel Mill Gym and Gold's in Clermont... funny. My fiance' is gonna do a mini-tri over here on the west coast of FL, so if you all ever get over here for one let me know... My son loves cheering ppl on! Congrats again.... Awesome stuff....BTW - I have a good article and women's program for triathalon's, PM me your email if want a copy.

congrats, that is a huge accomplishment. i wish my girlfriend was that motivated lol

Niiiiiice

They can be as addicting as body building. I've been doing them for 11 years.

Tell her to Frame the T-shirt and keep her Bib number. First out of the water? She must have a swimming back ground. I'm always happy to just survive the swim. It's a very cool sport. In moderation.

Good for her!

Tell her I am fan. I always wanted to do one except for the running part. The bike and the swimming are things I believe I could do. The running part would destroy me. I don't mind sprints, but my knees would take a beating if I tried any great distance.

She's an animal for getting that done.

Excellent work! She should be proud!

I did the Clermont Triathlon back in the 80's. There sure were a lot of gators in that lake!:eek:

They can be as addicting as body building. I've been doing them for 11 years.

Tell her to Frame the T-shirt and keep her Bib number. First out of the water? She must have a swimming back ground. I'm always happy to just survive the swim. It's a very cool sport. In moderation.

She was a swimmer in high school and was a lifeguard at a naval base for a while. She absolutely loves the water. Her transitions were decent, but wasn't prepared for the running portion. It was a good measure of what she needs to improve. If you have any pointers, please feel free to share :D any training tips are also nice

Tell her I am fan. I always wanted to do one except for the running part. The bike and the swimming are things I believe I could do. The running part would destroy me. I don't mind sprints, but my knees would take a beating if I tried any great distance.

She's an animal for getting that done.

Me too brotha!!! I can bike and swim and love it, but pounding pavement is not my forte. I'm so proud of her for setting her mind to something and doing it. Best part is, she loved it! Had a blast and was pretty mad about 4th, she is VERY competitive. She's going to do them more frequrntly and wants to become pretty serious about them.

She gets on to me for always being on here, but I let her read your responses and she was all giddy. Thanks for helping me out too :D
I told her this community was very supportive and now she sees it

Tell her congratulations!! ::ction-sm That's a lot of hard work!! :eek:

Tell her congratulations!! ::ction-sm That's a lot of hard work!! :eek:

Will do, Congrats to you as well!!! You looked great in your show

PM me with any questions

She was a swimmer in high school and was a lifeguard at a naval base for a while. She absolutely loves the water. Her transitions were decent, but wasn't prepared for the running portion. It was a good measure of what she needs to improve. If you have any pointers, please feel free to share :D any training tips are also nice

I'm not a pro, but I'm always very happy to answer any questions or give any tips to anyone jumping into the sport. Unless you are looking to qualify for Ironman Hawaii its not super complicated. Let me know if I can help. My pleasure.

Congrats to her! Triathlons are no joke, that's fo sho! I did the bike part as part of a team when I was in college, and had a hard enough time with doing just one part of it. :p

Best of luck to her in future competitions! :)

Thank you everybody for showing your support for her. She doesn't mind me being on here as much as I am after reading what you all had to say. I told her there are great supportive people on here, and now she sees it. She will be doing another one on July 31, so hopefully she'll take her class!!!

huge accomplishment in my view.
congratulation to her.

That's really awesome. considering I would swim 50 meters then drown. Good work

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351