over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wild Caught Salmon vs Fresh Scottish Farm Raised Salmon

jt7

Registered
i know wild caught salmon is supposed to be the best, but I was at earthfare the other day and they were selling me on how good the fresh scottish salmon was, i did buy it and it was actually very good, but i was wondering if the nutrition benefits were the same or better or worse?

Attachments

• salmon.jpg
    salmon.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 302
Its really going to depend on how it was raised on that specific farm, its going to be near impossible to tell just by the game they like to play with wording on packaging and labeling. I wouldn't trust its wild caught unless I caught it myself! lol. Is there contact information for the manufacurer/sourse on the container or to be found online? You could try contacting them to double check their processes, and make sure they are not doing anything "fishy"

Wild caught will usually be leaner and farm raised will be fattier. Taste wise they'll be indistinguishable in most cases comparing the same exact cut/fat level and price range

I trust Wholefoods farm raised fish 100%, they have very stringent farm standards and documentation available online, absolutely nothing bad about it.

Most of the time I eat Kirkland/costco farm raised salmon and it's pretty good for the $10/per pound. Wild caught or highest quality farm raised will cost $20+ per pound and thats too expensive for a daily meal, I eat salmon almost daily

Its really going to depend on how it was raised on that specific farm, its going to be near impossible to tell just by the game they like to play with wording on packaging and labeling. I wouldn't trust its wild caught unless I caught it myself! lol. Is there contact information for the manufacurer/sourse on the container or to be found online? You could try contacting them to double check their processes, and make sure they are not doing anything "fishy"

i usually buy the frozen wild caught sockeye salmon from costco but i know what you mean who knows what you can trust.

Wild caught will usually be leaner and farm raised will be fattier. Taste wise they'll be indistinguishable in most cases comparing the same exact cut/fat level and price range

I trust Wholefoods farm raised fish 100%, they have very stringent farm standards and documentation available online, absolutely nothing bad about it.

Most of the time I eat Kirkland/costco farm raised salmon and it's pretty good for the $10/per pound. Wild caught or highest quality farm raised will cost $20+ per pound and thats too expensive for a daily meal, I eat salmon almost daily

i get the wild caught sockeye from costco. earthfare is similar to whole foods with their push on grass fed beef and a bunch of other organic stuff, when i asked them for wild caught salmon the other day they didn't have any and sold me on this stuff i posted about.

i usually buy the frozen wild caught sockeye salmon from costco but i know what you mean who knows what you can trust.

I get that one sometimes but it's so lean I don't really like it. Plus now its like $32 for the 2lbs bag

I love Salmon. I get wild caught at Costco as well. Farmed organic would be next best thing if I had to guess...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

i get the wild caught sockeye from costco. earthfare is similar to whole foods with their push on grass fed beef and a bunch of other organic stuff, when i asked them for wild caught salmon the other day they didn't have any and sold me on this stuff i posted about.

Really I would just find a good source you think it reliable, product seems consistent and you feel sits good in your program. If lab lipids and other benefits on Health seem to be going good I wouldn’t over think it. Just be consistent!

Farmed organic would be next best thing if I had to guess...

No such thing as organic fish in the USA fyi. No established standard for organic fish

No such thing as organic fish in the USA fyi. No established standard for organic fish
Good to know. So what's the stuff at Whole Foods considered? Guess your just kinda trusting the brands integrity then?

have any of you ever heard of or been to Earth Fare? looks like they have about 50 locations on the eastern US

anyone know where to get wild caught RED sockeye salmon in UK? not even thinking about to bother ordering online. I get the tinned ones which are lovely but prefer the fresh/frozen

What are the risk with mercury to wild caught? I'm assuming almost zero for farm raised. Probably splitting hairs here but Its Halloween and playing devils advocate seems appropriate. :star-w:rs

What are the risk with mercury to wild caught? I'm assuming almost zero for farm raised. Probably splitting hairs here but Its Halloween and playing devils advocate seems appropriate. :star-w:rs

IDK why people are so afraid of farm raised fish when they eat farm raised everything else, beef, chicken etc.

Sure if the farm raised fish is coming from a third world country they are probably taking shortcuts to get the most export weight, but if it is farm raised Norwegian Salmon, Great Britain, USA etc it will be good and to standard. Check to see where the fish was raised is the most important factor

IDK why people are so afraid of farm raised fish when they eat farm raised everything else, beef, chicken etc.

Sure if the farm raised fish is coming from a third world country they are probably taking shortcuts to get the most export weight, but if it is farm raised Norwegian Salmon, Great Britain, USA etc it will be good and to standard. Check to see where the fish was raised is the most important factor
I know some of farmed (Tilapia especially) comes from China. And they've been know to feed them trash. But on the other hand, your right. It's the same thing as chickens and beef if you really think about it. You're right...

I know some of farmed (Tilapia especially) comes from China. And they've been know to feed them trash. But on the other hand, your right. It's the same thing as chickens and beef if you really think about it. You're right...

over the past few months i have made the switch to organic grass fed beef, organic chicken and turkey, organic brown free range eggs and i have been buying the wild sockeye salmon but its frozen so wanted to go with fresh wild or farm raised to get the overall best benefit.

over the past few months i have made the switch to organic grass fed beef, organic chicken and turkey, organic brown free range eggs and i have been buying the wild sockeye salmon but its frozen so wanted to go with fresh wild or farm raised to get the overall best benefit.
Do you feel better?

Do you feel better?

mentally i do as the placebo effect is real lol, but honestly i started eating all (supposedly) better quality foods and watching my sugars and shit food consumption and since memorial day this summer i am down about 15lbs, i am about the same strength and am obviously much leaner so i feel better overall for sure. I cant say its just those changes as i have been eating better overall.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear