over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wild stuff (hunting thread)

Glad to see this thread pop back up. Taking my stepson down to the valley harvest a couple deer here next month, we’ll have that in the freezer all spring.

He’s a kid, but very mature - he understands that cheeseburgers and steak don’t come from a cow tree.

Great 1 on 1 bonding time and many lifelong lessons to be taught in the process.

Great 1 on 1 bonding time and many lifelong lessons to be taught in the process.
Just built my daughter who’s 4 her first rifle and she shot her first hog in the backyard.

May have went waaaay overboard on the rifle..but damnit, she can have it forever

I haven’t hit one closer than 638 yards this year..furthest was a little over 960 yards

Been using a 6.5 prc with 156grain bergers that I’m doing load development on…haven’t stalked a damn thing..just shooting them from the porch or from the top of a hill

Going to switch to my 7mm PRC when I get my barrel spun onto my action

6.5 PRC club!!!

I like it. Hit a hog at 470 yards. I need a bigger optic to take advantage of its ability. A leupold mark 5 has my eye.

Attachments

• 0E9EE6AC-3D6B-4C9B-A468-16121C2AE42C.jpeg
    0E9EE6AC-3D6B-4C9B-A468-16121C2AE42C.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 9
I also want a 6.5-300 wby mag, but $4.50 a bullet is a Turn off lol

6.5 PRC club!!!

I like it. Hit a hog at 470 yards. I need a bigger optic to take advantage of its ability. A leupold mark 5 has my eye.
I’ll be honest..never really saw the need for a magnum 6.5 creedmoor..defiance sent me an XM action and I had a proof barrel on hand..just had it thrown together and I’m really enjoying it. But, I don’t really see it as an in-between round like everyone claims..more like just a replacement for the creedmoor for my application

My wife arrowed a small whitetail buck on November 5/22 . Proudly, she was hands on during the gutting, extraction and butchering process all the way. Proud of her grocery shopping skills!

I'm hoping to fill my deer tag by Dec 31 in my area. Deer are plentiful in my region.

V88qG6rv_t.jpg

I'm down with the hunting. But the poor elephant, giraffe, and zebra that I'm totally against. No disrespect to your grandpa

I'm down with the hunting. But the poor elephant, giraffe, and zebra that I'm totally against. No disrespect to your grandpa
Totally fair. I’ll just reiterate the point they were all old bulls that couldn’t procreate any further, and were driving off younger males that could help grow the species - and he paid/donated $50k+ for em all.

That being said, a lot of people still find it wrong, and I don’t argue too much. It’s a tough call.

Axis meat is so damn good compared to whitetail. Also more meat and no regs as it’s an exotic.

Hogs are fun. Night vision or helicopter hunts are so fun. I know they are a huge problem, but they also make some great lean jerky surprisingly, and a mean jalapeño cheese summer sausage.

Hunting them with hound and Catch dogs (pit bull, bull dog and Dogos) and ATVs is a lot of fun.

I’ll be honest..never really saw the need for a magnum 6.5 creedmoor..defiance sent me an XM action and I had a proof barrel on hand..just had it thrown together and I’m really enjoying it. But, I don’t really see it as an in-between round like everyone claims..more like just a replacement for the creedmoor for my application

Agreed. It’s overkill for a whitetail, which is fine.

And many say it’s plenty for an Elk. But honestly I wouldn’t try elk with it. I like 180grain rounds 300 WSM for elk

Agreed. It’s overkill for a whitetail, which is fine.

And many say it’s plenty for an Elk. But honestly I wouldn’t try elk with it. I like 180grain rounds 300 WSM for elk
See, I don’t even try a close stalk..I have no qualms taking a 1000+ yards shot..my elk rifle is a 300 Norma mag..I base my shots on wether I can recover the kill..not make the shot.

So, the bigger, longer range calibers are my go to..but I still like using my large frame AR’s in 6.5 creedmoor and 308 for a lot of Texas game..just haven’t this year

See, I don’t even try a close stalk..I have no qualms taking a 1000+ yards shot..my elk rifle is a 300 Norma mag..I base my shots on wether I can recover the kill..not make the shot.

So, the bigger, longer range calibers are my go to..but I still like using my large frame AR’s in 6.5 creedmoor and 308 for a lot of Texas game..just haven’t this year

I overhauled a lot of my guns in an attempt to keep ammo simple and useful.

For the moooost part, I’m all 9mm and 45 for pistols.

On rifles, I’ve committed to 308. I can take a good 16” 308 to shoot anything with hooves in North America. I can also easily shoot to 300 yards with nothing more than a holdover which is more than far enough for my needs. I can take that same rifle on tactical training exercises. For me personally, that particular rifle meets all of my needs in a readily available caliber.

I have lower and higher calibers but trying to keep it simple after seeing many friends with a ridiculous stash of ammo that’s pricey as hell and all over the place.

If someone brings up the coriolus effect I smile inside because in my region, you’re just silly if that crosses your mind for typical hunting shots. If you’re active duty or compete, then I can see the value, but if you’re a money manager weekend warrior, I want to squeeze your cute cheeks like a grandmother at a family get together.

On rifles, I’ve committed to 308. I can take a good 16” 308 to shoot anything with hooves in North America. I can also easily shoot to 300 yards with nothing more than a holdover which is more than far enough for my needs. I can take that same rifle on tactical training exercises. For me personally, that particular rifle meets all of my needs in a readily available caliber.

I have lower and higher calibers but trying to keep it simple after seeing many friends with a ridiculous stash of ammo that’s pricey as hell and all over the place.

If someone brings up the coriolus effect I smile inside because in my region, you’re just silly if that crosses your mind for typical hunting shots. If you’re active duty or compete, then I can see the value, but if you’re a money manager weekend warrior, I want to squeeze your cute cheeks like a grandmother at a family get together.
Love the .308… Hands down my favorite caliber. Let the red spray fly!

Cage

If someone brings up the coriolus effect I smile inside because in my region, you’re just silly if that crosses your mind for typical hunting shots. If you’re active duty or compete, then I can see the value, but if you’re a money manager weekend warrior, I want to squeeze your cute cheeks like a grandmother at a family get together

expand...Having shot out past 2k with sub 50 cals rifles , I've never had to account the Coriolis effect.
Most people that mention it (if it mattered) that they would have to change calculations depending what direction they are shooting.
When guys miss at long range it's generally because they can't read the wind at some point in the range
I generally rarely can shoot past 200yds when deer hunting down here so my most used deer rifle is a 16" barrel Encore.
If I get the chance to hunt out west or the bean fields in the delta I'll bring something flat shooting which is typically my old 260 Ackley.

expand...Having shot out past 2k with sub 50 cals rifles , I've never had to account the Coriolis effect.
Most people that mention it (if it mattered) that they would have to change calculations depending what direction they are shooting.
When guys miss at long range it's generally because they can't read the wind at some point in the range
I generally rarely can shoot past 200yds when deer hunting down here so my most used deer rifle is a 16" barrel Encore.
If I get the chance to hunt out west or the bean fields in the delta I'll bring something flat shooting which is typically my old 260 Ackley.
I’ll certainly admit that you’re a more accurate source on this subject. I’ve been told it needs to be accounted for when getting to those ranges (which is damn impressive), but can’t claim that as fact. Wind is certainly a much bigger factor. I would assume altitude as well, and perhaps even humidity.

Again, I make no claims of being an expert in long range shooting. Essentially, that was my point about people talking about it that aren’t ever going to need it. My lack of knowledge on the subject perhaps led me to poorly phrasing that. I can’t even fathom shooting something over a mile, but also don’t plan to. My only needs are a rifle that can be used to down anything in North America from 10-200 yards, 300 in a very rare circumstance.

Love the .308… Hands down my favorite caliber. Let the red spray fly!

Cage
I have been deep in the world and industry of long range and extreme long range since 2006…the 308 has become an extremely outdated cartridge but I recommend it to anyone wanting to start the long range game.

The 308 is terrible in wind..3000 rounds of 308 will make you a master at reading wind..so, I’ll always recommend the 308

Yeah, my 300 Norma weighs out at 9lbs with optics..so, it’s very livable to me..I’ve taken targets at over 2000 yards many times..I just know what I’m comfortable with….I totally understand that a lot of people think me shooting that far is unethical and for over 99% of people it is…but I am a 50,000+ year most years..ive been a competition shooter, military sniper, and have developed rounds and weapons systems for many companies..so, I have a lot of confidence in what I do.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws