over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

will tattoos hurt you in bodybulding

GorillaGenetics

Registered
i know it depends on the judges but how much do tattoos come into play when your on stage

You cover up lines and separation between muscle groups and yes.. Can't judge what ya can't see.. In my opinion if you wish to compete , no sleeves or any tatt that combines the delt and arm together.. I've recently seen many with very broad back tatts that completely took away the look and detail.. Sad after all that hard work..

It doesn't seem to be hurting the bikini girls - looks like bigger boobs and more tats is the continuing trend w them.

You cover up lines and separation between muscle groups and yes.. Can't judge what ya can't see.. In my opinion if you wish to compete , no sleeves or any tatt that combines the delt and arm together.. I've recently seen many with very broad back tatts that completely took away the look and detail.. Sad after all that hard work..

:yeahthat:I have always wanted a tattoo but this is exactly why I have stayed away I felt if I was every going to go anywhere with bodybuilding that the tattoos would just end up hurting me in the long run.

I never understood why a bodybuilder would get a tattoo........it's like you work your ass off to save up to buy a benz.......and then you throw some bumper stickers on it.

I predict the tattoo craze will calm down pretty soon. I was at a very crowded beach on the 4th of July and made the following observation. I didn't see any lower back tats on any females that looked yonger than 28, and I didn't see one tribal arm band on a dude that looked younger than 34.

I never understood why a bodybuilder would get a tattoo........it's like you work your ass off to save up to buy a benz.......and then you throw some bumper stickers on it.

I predict the tattoo craze will calm down pretty soon. I was at a very crowded beach on the 4th of July and made the following observation. I didn't see any lower back tats on any females that looked yonger than 28, and I didn't see one tribal arm band on a dude that looked younger than 34.

Tattoos are a matter of opinion and taste, but your bumper sticker analogy is garbage. I have a full sleeve and it's far from a bumper sticker. I don't compete or anything, but tattoos are not going away as you suggested. Actually they're getting more popular every single day and they're a lot more acceptable now than ever. I can see how tattoos would hurt a body builder, but unless they have some poor quality junk tattoo then a bumper sticker is far fetched.

You guys need to realize that most guys compete as a hobby and their life doesn't revolve around bodybuilding so they're not going to sacrifice things they want just to compete a few times a year. Not everyone that competes wants to go pro or compete at the National level.

By the way, tribal tattoos are lame as hell so don't use the worst example of a tattoo when trying to make a point.

Tattoos are a matter of opinion and taste, but your bumper sticker analogy is garbage. I have a full sleeve and it's far from a bumper sticker. I don't compete or anything, but tattoos are not going away as you suggested. Actually they're getting more popular every single day and they're a lot more acceptable now than ever. I can see how tattoos would hurt a body builder, but unless they have some poor quality junk tattoo then a bumper sticker is far fetched.

You guys need to realize that most guys compete as a hobby and their life doesn't revolve around bodybuilding so they're not going to sacrifice things they want just to compete a few times a year. Not everyone that competes wants to go pro or compete at the National level.

By the way, tribal tattoos are lame as hell so don't use the worst example of a tattoo when trying to make a point.

Ok I understand why you would be upset by my opinion as you are sleaved and you like tattoos very much. I get annoyed when people try to say the Beatles are overated because I like them very much. You are also right, tattoos are more popular now than ever. However, when you made the comment that tribal tattoos are the "lame as hell"....you seem to forget that they were not always "lame as hell" and in fact they were VERY VERY popular for awhile. don't you think the same thing can happen with other current popular tattoo trends and designs?.......including sleaves?

And you need to not slam tribal tats so hard dude as their are still places and civilizations that continue to have them, like the Moaris' in NZ
YOu are entitled to your opinion though for sure and I'm entitled to mine.

Mine is.....tattoos make good bodies and physiques look less attractive. Don't be mad. there are more people out their, currently, who share your opinion

I know for a fact they hurt the women in bikini and figure.. My wife had this problem..

Maybe the NPC will have a tattoo division in the near future.. :headbang:

Ok I understand why you would be upset by my opinion as you are sleaved and you like tattoos very much. I get annoyed when people try to say the Beatles are overated because I like them very much. You are also right, tattoos are more popular now than ever. However, when you made the comment that tribal tattoos are the "lame as hell"....you seem to forget that they were not always "lame as hell" and in fact they were VERY VERY popular for awhile. don't you think the same thing can happen with other current popular tattoo trends and designs?.......including sleaves?

And you need to not slam tribal tats so hard dude as their are still places and civilizations that continue to have them, like the Moaris' in NZ

Mine is.....tattoos make good bodies and physiques look less attractive. Don't be mad. there are more people out their, currently, who share your opinion

No, they were ALWAYS lame as hell. A bunch of high school kids and mid life crisis guys getting tribal arm bands doesn't make them "cool". He's not "slamming" actual tribal tats that some people have, it's the Americanized arm band that he's blasting. There's a huge difference between people in NZ getting their traditional tats and an 18yr old getting a tribal band around their 12 in bicep because it "looks cool"

No, they were ALWAYS lame as hell. A bunch of high school kids and mid life crisis guys getting tribal arm bands doesn't make them "cool". He's not "slamming" actual tribal tats that some people have, it's the Americanized arm band that he's blasting. There's a huge difference between people in NZ getting their traditional tats and an 18yr old getting a tribal band around their 12 in bicep because it "looks cool"

Thank you! I was in no way knocking anyone's beliefs or religions. As you pointed out, I was knocking on the "cool kids" that get their first tribal tattoo while on spring break in Panama City, Fl during their senior year of high school. :D :rolleyes:

I know for a fact they hurt the women in bikini and figure.. My wife had this problem..

Maybe the NPC will have a tattoo division in the near future.. :headbang:

Maybe they should change the bikini division classes to CCs instead of height as well. :)

C'mon man, you know I wasn't slamming these people. You know good and well that 99% of Americans that get a tribal tattoo is doing it bc it "looks bad ass," and not because they belong to a certain tribe and/or culture. I'm not upset at all. I just don't think your analogy is accurate. Well, if someone has a full sleeve of tribal then it's bumper stickers, but if they've got a legit $5-6k piece done very clean then it's like a bad ass paint job for your Benz. :D

I dont think 99.9 of the people that have tribal tats are part of any tribe. I dont think anyone knocks maoris or samoans for having tribal tats. Everyone entitled to get what they want but yeah the vast majority of americans get those types of tats becsude they think it makes them look badass and hard..not because its a symbol of their culture. Most frankly look silly and out of place with lots of tats. About as silly as fat chicks with tramp stamps. But no one should get all that worked up either way...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Most judges that I have spoke too will mark you down.
I think they are a bad idea if your going to compete.

I agree they can definitely be a factor when judging, but I think it's more applicable when the placings are close between someone who has and someone who doesn't....

cat_tattoo_01.jpg

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510