over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Will the obesity trend end?

After traveling the globe for decades I have to add here that I really don't think obesity is completely the fault of he obese. It tracks with the quality of the foods supply and to an extend some level of physical activity such as more pedestrian populations. So.. being a pedestrian and eating a diet that is close to the dirt and contains few to no additives seems to be the key to more fit populations. It does not seem to track with popularity of physical culture.

Every time is see a obese person or family grocery shopping, their shopping carts are always loaded with massive amounts of regular soda. Always. This past Sunday i was behind this family of four, both parents were 450+ im guessing and the kids, who probably around 10, were both huge, maybe 175 ish. They had around 10 2liters of generic store brand soda in their cart and you know damn well thats just for the week. Its borderline child abuse.

Some people change to apex predators in fast food aisles…

Every time is see a obese person or family grocery shopping, their shopping carts are always loaded with massive amounts of regular soda. Always. This past Sunday i was behind this family of four, both parents were 450+ im guessing and the kids, who probably around 10, were both huge, maybe 175 ish. They had around 10 2liters of generic store brand soda in their cart and you know damn well thats just for the week. Its borderline child abuse.
The main thing I notice in grocery stores is how slow people move. It's like they actually enjoy buying groceries like we enjoy going to the gym. I hate grocery shopping it's a necessity evil, another daily errand. I want to get in and get the hell out and go home but it's full of people just taking their time looking at all the tasty food trying to figure out what to buy I guess? If I had kids I'd leave them at home dragging them to the store probably doubles the time you spend in the store lol.

No, being obese has to be a billion dollar industry.

I'll go one step further than you. We can put a Rover on Mars, make a vaccine that used to take years but can't make a safe version of DNP? Too much money to be made treating a disease instead of curing one.

Just watch The Food Network for a week (which I enjoy). Then go watch a Network fitness show. Wait, can't find one?

This logic and thinking is very one sided, I could counter your argument and say well if your scenario WAS the case that just imagine the POWER, CONTROL, REVENUE a company could have by having such a pill, they would become the next Apple, Tesla, Amazon etc. Just like in your example with the vaccine, look at the companies who came out on top, surprise surprise PFIZER, MODERNA, J AND J. Same companies would do the same exact thing but with the weight loss pill

Seeing threads about semaglutide and articles saying it blunts hunger and is a cure for obesity got me thinking...

42 percent of Americans are obese. We now have Uber delivery, Alexa, order groceries from home, working virtually, it seems it's easier than ever to be lazy. The fitness industry has exploded yet it doesn't seem to have affected the obesity epidemic.

Will obesity decrease ever? If so why? How high will the 42 percent rise?
i think its more than a trend at this point. maybe gettting even more disgustingly fat will be the new trend...

My theory is we will need to see a decline in childhood obesity first. Fat kids are usually fat adults, fat adults raise fat kids.... The cycle continues.

It’s cheaper to be fat than in shape.

Chicken breast is over 10.99 a lb in San Diego.
People on a budget cannot afford that. Top ramen .99cents some ding dongs for $1.

Vegetables are expensive, fruit is expensive.

I don’t know what the fuck is going on in the United States right now. Gas is expensive, food is expensive, houses are outrageous which is making rent outrageous. United States is so fucked soooooo fucked.

you should try outside the usa bro.
100+% inflation per year has become normal.
prices go up weekly, money less valuable every day.
crazy shit.

V

I never supported that argument and they have been using it for years. A can of beans is less then a dollar. Boxed meals and processed shot is more expensive. It's expensive for someone that wants to eat 300 grams of protein a day but not to eat healthy for a regular person. Eggs can be found for around 2 dollars a dozen here and the average person probably eats two or three so that plus some oatmeal is cheap. Low feet Greek yogurt I also get at Aldo's and it's 55 cents for each one. Chicken breast here is usually 5.50 to 6 dollars a pound but I just stick up when I see sales. Just got a bunch for 2.69 a pound. Whole chickens for a crock pot and some potatoes also can usually be found cheap. Can find deals on pork a lot. Lettuce is cheap as is rice.

i guess you never looked at statistics on poverty and obesity.
or been in a poor place. sure as fuck everyone isnt rail thin.

people over eating and eating unhealthy food is also in the best interest of the powers that be and basically our social structure.

aside from however you want to interpret that. just think from a simple evolutionary perspective. when you are hungry you are aware, motivated, more irritable.

fat happy has something to it.

i guess you never looked at statistics on poverty and obesity.
or been in a poor place. sure as fuck everyone isnt rail thin.

Lol I live in a poor place right now. Come to the east side of pittsburgh sometime and I'll take you shopping so you can see for yourself. You really think their are cheaper meals then beans and rice? I can name cheap options all day. Plenty of studies that contradict each other on all subjects.

It totally depends upon how someone think about themselves or even do they care?, because I have seen many people just do not get bothered by being obese. They do not care about obesity and do not want to change themselves.

Obesity will decrease when a cheap, fast, easy weight loss pill becomes available. Until then, obesity will stay right about where it is. There may be a shift in the next 20 years as the current obese population dies off and the millennials and Gen Z-ers represent more of the population. My anecdotal observations are that they are more environmentally conscious, leaning more toward vegan/vegetarian diets and generally fewer calories. So if that continues into their middle age we’ll see the percentage drop.

This is my expert opinion.
**Note: I have zero expertise in this area.
i read there is a diabetes drug that is going to be approved for obesity because they found that every one took it lost a substantial amount of weight something like 25-30 %

Seeing threads about semaglutide and articles saying it blunts hunger and is a cure for obesity got me thinking...

42 percent of Americans are obese. We now have Uber delivery, Alexa, order groceries from home, working virtually, it seems it's easier than ever to be lazy. The fitness industry has exploded yet it doesn't seem to have affected the obesity epidemic.

Will obesity decrease ever? If so why? How high will the 42 percent rise?
i think a big part of it is the acceptance."thick" girls are in and is the norm when in my day they were considered fat now obese is fat and what used to be fat( and still is by scienc) is normal because there all fat so it is accepted.i was in the car with my son and too live crews me so horny came on .i showed him the cover of the cd and explained that at the time the girls on the cover were shocking beause that all had big fat asses and my son said there asses arent big and i said your right but 30 yrs ago those were huge asses

i read there is a diabetes drug that is going to be approved for obesity because they found that every one took it lost a substantial amount of weight something like 25-30 %
That is the one that made me think to start the thread, I think it's called semaglutide (sp) and it makes people not want to eat. Personally I'd rather have something that burns calories because eating is pleasurable even when not hungry. But if it just kills people's appetite then it could be a game changer and have both positive and negative consequences for society (people are skinnier but lost money in the medical, pharma, food, food services and maybe even fitness industry).

i think a big part of it is the acceptance."thick" girls are in and is the norm when in my day they were considered fat now obese is fat and what used to be fat( and still is by scienc) is normal because there all fat so it is accepted.i was in the car with my son and too live crews me so horny came on .i showed him the cover of the cd and explained that at the time the girls on the cover were shocking beause that all had big fat asses and my son said there asses arent big and i said your right but 30 yrs ago those were huge asses
This, I feel like we've lowered the bar for everyone. I'm one of those obsessed with leanness so it's either lean or fat. Maybe 15 percent is less fat than 23 percent but my ex got mad because I told her that her ex was fat for someone who uses juice lol.

But now they use the term thick or husky or big bones etc. It'd be interesting to take a survey of a gym full of 50 people and see who people considered "fat". Probably the skinny people think everyone fatter than them is far then the guy at the end of his bulk would only say the obese are "fat"

Yep, Tirzepatide I think is the one.

100%. Thick (fat) is the new healthy...cough...BS. You see it everywhere, in ads, on TV. Covid didn't help as now most stores offer drive-up everything. Never get out of your car and walk a couple of steps again. Europe at one point wasn't as bad. But now, it's starting to get that way as the youth all want to be "Americanized".

Was in the shop today getting my fade done and Ol boy was up in there. So I asked what is it abt them big girls that he loves so damn much.

He’s like bro there ain’t nothing like it. You get on top of her and her fat just sucks you in, like being on a water bed. The whole shop was falling out laughing. That cat is a trip! F’n hard core there homie! Dammit!

Cage

That is the one that made me think to start the thread, I think it's called semaglutide (sp) and it makes people not want to eat. Personally I'd rather have something that burns calories because eating is pleasurable even when not hungry. But if it just kills people's appetite then it could be a game changer and have both positive and negative consequences for society (people are skinnier but lost money in the medical, pharma, food, food services and maybe even fitness industry).
I ran a course of it for a few weeks just to try it. It absolutely kills your appetite. I could eat my full breakfast but the rest of the day was rough getting in the food. My wife ran it for 3 months and lost 30lbs. A friend of mine lost 10 his first month. It's the new go to for weight loss. A new drug similar is supposed to be approved soon and it's supposed to be even better.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear