over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Windows 10 creators Update trouble, page to download

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Tonight my PC tried to update to the newest version and got stuck at 0% downloading the Creators Update Privacy Settings KB4013214 .

I tried various things to stop the update process etc but nothing seemed to work. Now I am trying this web page from Microsoft which has an update wizard that is supposed to install it all:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

So far its a bit slow, at 84% now. Hopefully this damn thing works. I will come back and post if it does or not. Others on the web reported that it took care of their problem.

Each time you reboot the computer the Windows Update will show KB4013214 as downloading and it never gets over 0%. Something is hung up.

Done!

It finished and then I checked updates and there were 2 more to be done, typical! Finally done in over 1 hour or so. The update assistant solved my problem. Might be advisable to just run that rather than let windows try to update itself. Now I have my two daughters' computers and a spare computer to worry about :eek: Four pcs to mess with.

Make sure you create a Restore Point after the update in case something crashes in the future, you won't lose all your stuff.

Make sure you create a Restore Point after the update in case something crashes in the future, you won't lose all your stuff.

Yeah. ive got several of those. need to do a new one now.

Pain in the ass upgrade

Looks like I am going to have to run the upgrade assistant I linked here to upgrade all four pcs. Two of my other pcs get either stuck downloading or it downloads and then fails. For some reason this upgrade assistant runs well. It takes about 1 hour but it has worked for me 2x now. Two more times to go.

Want to do tonight when I am asleep but it is supposed to thunder storm tonight. A few years back I lost a pc and damage to another with a lightning strike. The blast also destroyed our burglar alarm. It hit the tree next door. Probably never happen again but I have shit for luck. Now everyday I unplug my main pc and my spare is always unplugged. Be sure to unplug the Ethernet too because I think that is how one of my computers got damaged since it only fried the modem portion of the motherboard. Luckily I was able to buy a modem card and plug it in. The other pc wouldn't even turn on. Tried a new power supply and that didn't work. I gave up and tossed it. It wasn't terribly expensive, $800 though and only about 3 months old. It was a spare for my kids.

I will wait until the weather is better. I had both PCs last time plugged into high quality surge protectors, they did nothing. We now have a surge protector installed by the power company that protects the whole house, but I am still paranoid. That protector actually sits behind the power meter for our house and the power company had to install it. It is hardwired in and will kick off like a circuit breaker if a big surge comes through. Not sure how it comes back on. The power company guarantees it and will cover the cash up to our deductible on home owners which is $1000.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner