over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Winged scapula. Any experience with?

T-800

Registered
Newbies
Hi lads,
I hurt myself pretty bad yday. Pushing a heavy swing with my 3 boys on it reAl hard. Stinging pain started in right rear delt first. Tried stretches and this japanse oil. Pain is massive in stretched pos. Could sleep well but pain is unbearAble when trying to pick something from floor or washing hands. On top of that i cant flex my right lat. When i do latspread my left stands out but right stays flat and relaxed. That is,most upperlat. The lower portion i can flex a little but when i squeeze it with my hand its like a weak balloon. Oc i checked youtube and all, but i’d love to read about experiences from likeminded like u guys.
I.e. Did affect your push or pull? How did u get it (trauma like me or over time) Last but not least, did u fix it and recover from? How and how long did it take?

If you have a true winged scapula you have a severely pinched nerve in your neck. That or you tore a rotator cuff muscle. Go to see you doctor dude.

Don't mess around if it's a nerve issue. You don't want it to cause permanent damage which can happen!

I had a partially torn labrum from doing incline DB press very heavy about 5 years ago. The pain I felt sounds like what you are describing. My orthopedist confirmed the diagnosis and put my right arm in a sling for a week and I was healed. Mine was a minor tear and healed quickly. Your thing migh might not be my thing but definitely get it check out by an ortho first.

Hi lads,
I hurt myself pretty bad yday. Pushing a heavy swing with my 3 boys on it reAl hard. Stinging pain started in right rear delt first. Tried stretches and this japanse oil. Pain is massive in stretched pos. Could sleep well but pain is unbearAble when trying to pick something from floor or washing hands. On top of that i cant flex my right lat. When i do latspread my left stands out but right stays flat and relaxed. That is,most upperlat. The lower portion i can flex a little but when i squeeze it with my hand its like a weak balloon. Oc i checked youtube and all, but i’d love to read about experiences from likeminded like u guys.
I.e. Did affect your push or pull? How did u get it (trauma like me or over time) Last but not least, did u fix it and recover from? How and how long did it take?

Hey man, let us know what you do and what your doc says. Best of luck.

A few years ago now I tore nerves in my neck, they called it an 'accessory nerve palsy'. I was just warming up on lat pulldowns and something let go in my trap area. It didnt hurt and thought nothing of it, tried to do another set but i could no longer pull the bar down evenly and thats when I thought 'shit this is not good'

My whole right side of my back just wasted muscle, it was like 2 different people joined at the spine. My trap just disappeared on one side, i could no longer lift my arm above my head on that side. Shit took forever to revover from. I did a nerve conduction study in my neck & they told me that the nerves were slowly rebuilding and over time it did get better, but to the keen eye I have never recovered 100% (still a bit off on my right side)

A few years ago now I tore nerves in my neck, they called it an 'accessory nerve palsy'. I was just warming up on lat pulldowns and something let go in my trap area. It didnt hurt and thought nothing of it, tried to do another set but i could no longer pull the bar down evenly and thats when I thought 'shit this is not good'

My whole right side of my back just wasted muscle, it was like 2 different people joined at the spine. My trap just disappeared on one side, i could no longer lift my arm above my head on that side. Shit took forever to revover from. I did a nerve conduction study in my neck & they told me that the nerves were slowly rebuilding and over time it did get better, but to the keen eye I have never recovered 100% (still a bit off on my right side)

I found some old pics, first pic is just before it happening, second pic is about 1-2 months after. My arm is kind of exaggerating it a bit but you can see the trap has just done a houdini on me, my mates would say I looked like one of those crabs with a little claw lol

But yeah, my whole scapula just kind of swung around on my back like nothing was holding it in place. It looked so funky when i tried to pinch my shoulder blades together

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 38
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 37
2 years ago i had herniated C6-C7. I slowly started to develop this burning pain in my spine but thought it was just from working a lot and being on my feet all day.

I go in to train arms one day and start with tricep pushdowns with the rope. I realize i have absolutely zero strength in my left tricep. I tried doing single arm pushdowns and i couldn't even get my arm to push down a single plate on the rack. Its like 99% of strength at just vanished.

When i flexed my tricep its as if i wasnt flexing it at all. It was mush. The same applied for both my left lat muscles and left pec muscles. They all went to mush. I was fucking devastated. I went from benching close to 400 to BARELY being able to bench 95lb in the blink of an eye.

Couldn't even push open a heavy door with my left hand. If i was sitting down, the second i slouched forward my left arm would go completely numb. I had to constantly focus on keeping my spine perfectly straight. The numb feeling felt like i had a tourniquet on at the top of my arm.

Severe upper back pain. Eventually i was able to rehab the tricep and strength slowly came back after about 12 weeks. I was friggin nervous though because it took a while and i was worried damage was being done.

Strength is 100% but even two years later my back/neck hurts every single day. Some days its brutal. I see a chiro twice a week, everyweek, but i cant say he has helped, other than providing a little short term relief. Idk if its just something that is never going to get better?

Reactions: Bio
Listen if you guys take this lifestyle seriously, call your primary, get script for MRI. This way there is no Bro science or guessing. You will KNOW what's wrong. Do it! I fucked around and fucked around with right arm injury, 20 different ideas. Wasn't till I finally got the MRI that I found out I had a completely detached Supraspinatus muscle in the rear delt.

Listen if you guys take this lifestyle seriously, call your primary, get script for MRI. This way there is no Bro science or guessing. You will KNOW what's wrong. Do it! I fucked around and fucked around with right arm injury, 20 different ideas. Wasn't till I finally got the MRI that I found out I had a completely detached Supraspinatus muscle in the rear delt.
What did it feel like symptom wise and how long was recovery after surgery?

Sounds like subscapularis, one of your rotator cuffs, as others have said, you will need an MRI (orthopedic surgeon) or at least an ultrasound (physiatrist).

What did it feel like symptom wise and how long was recovery after surgery?
I could not lift my arm to the side! Never had surgery. I've been power lifting for 30 years. My Ortho said I had so much associated damage in there that he'd have to do a shoulder replacement soon. So he suggested that I rehab it myself. By doing lower angle pushing and pulling motions I reclaimed a lot of strength. No motions over my head at first. Slowly but the surely the surrounding muscles started to take up the slack. Now I can lift over my head again. No cutting and pasting for me.

After numerous examinations from diff doctors, the verdict is: damaged long thoracic nerve which results in a paralysed serratus anterior.
Cheers....
Already some atrophy in lat. Rhoms and traps take over and are getting very strong now.
Rehab is taking it easy and rebuild mm connection because thats totally gone.
Two years in general.
Wish me luck.
Lets get to work!

After numerous examinations from diff doctors, the verdict is: damaged long thoracic nerve which results in a paralysed serratus anterior.
Cheers....
Already some atrophy in lat. Rhoms and traps take over and are getting very strong now.
Rehab is taking it easy and rebuild mm connection because thats totally gone.
Two years in general.
Wish me luck.
Lets get to work!
Its crazy how you did that just pushing your kids on a swing. Ive never suffered a serious injury doing something like that, but I have hurt myself doing rather mundane things.Recently, extreme back pain from just sitting a 50 lb dumbell on my bench. Sneezing throwing out my back etc. I've read about pro bodybuilders tearing muscles just getting out of their truck.

I sure hope your recovery goes well. Do the doctors think the nerve will regenerate some and the muscle will regain some strength? Seems peripheral nerves do that.

Yeah its crazy and unfortunate, right?
I think i never severely injured myself in the gym; always outside.
The docs always play safe and never give guarantees.
It might fully heal; it might not.
Time will tell.
It happened in august and i must say the feeling is coming back a little bit.
I can spread my lat bit wider than a cple of months ago, but im still far from competition material haha

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131