over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wipe the needle

Status
Not open for further replies.
just change the pin. scar tissue build up is no fun. I ve seen a microscope pic of a brand new pin, and then one that was used only once, and it wasnt pretty

This picture says it all lol

Attachments

• yuck.jpg
    yuck.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 226
change your pins. use a pin to draw and a different pin to inject. simple as that.

For those saying One Draw w/ One Injection with the same needle is fine. What about if using 2 compounds. Now you have twice the damage of the pin going throu stoppers?

My whole family is in medicine to some degree.I am in the field.I own a clinic that has me as the chiro,an anesthesiologist doing many many many procedures such as nerve blocks,cortisone injections etc... We have nurses, physical therapy,massage and much more.

My sister is a nurse educator for the largest hospital chain in this part of the country.She used to work at my clinic and gave THOUSANDS of injections.I ordered the supplies.

I have been to D.O. school and took pharmacology and did some injection work there,you were expected to already know procedure ,but we did some stuff that required protocal.

Do you understand the MICRO difference in skin pierce of a needle that has drawn medication and is straight from the package? so minimal scar tissue would be trivial with that small of trauma difference.

You asked me if I am sure this originated on the boards? I haven't seen it in healthcare practice? have you? So a superior method has been developed huh? lol.Yeah okay

I don't know you or what you do for a living but you are clearly not a highly educated practicing healthcare provider.:)

How many of your patients receive the amount of shots we do? I take a minimum of 2 shots a week somethings working up to 7+ depending on what I'm getting ready for. I agree the scare tissue from reusing your draw needle is probably very minimal but when I plan on taking weekly shots for the next 20+ years it's something to think about.

My whole family is in medicine to some
degree.I am in the field.I own a clinic that has me as the chiro,an
anesthesiologist doing many many many procedures such as nerve
blocks,cortisone injections etc... We have nurses, physical
therapy,massage and much more.

My sister is a nurse educator for the largest hospital chain in this part of
the country.She used to work at my clinic and gave THOUSANDS of
injections.I ordered the supplies.

I have been to D.O. school and took pharmacology and did some injection
work there,you were expected to already know procedure ,but we did
some stuff that required protocal.

Do you understand the MICRO difference in skin pierce of a needle that
has drawn medication and is straight from the package? so minimal scar
tissue would be trivial with that small of trauma difference.

You asked me if I am sure this originated on the boards? I haven't seen it
in healthcare practice? have you? So a superior method has been developed huh? lol.Yeah okay

I don't know you or what you do for a living but you are clearly not a
highly educated practicing healthcare provider.:)

Thanks for posting more info, no I am not educated practicing healthcare
provider that is why I asked, to see if my views would be confirmed or not.

I was just going by how it felt for me personally when I had reused
needles and it was quite a lot more painful then if I was to switch needles
between drawing and pinning.

To me more pain = more trauma... How much difference there is between
the two I don't know. Would be very interested to see.

I realise to the average person the difference is negligible but as
bodybuilders who are frequently doing many daily,eod, etc injections,
don't you think the difference is somewhat more substantial?

I just don't want to cringe anymore then I have to, especially with
frequent/daily injections, so I swap needles. To me that's better then
drawing and pinning from the same needle.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting more info, no I am not educated practicing healthcare
provider that is why I asked, to see if my views would be confirmed or not.

I was just going by how it felt for me personally when I had reused
needles and it was quite a lot more painful then if I was to switch needles
between drawing and pinning.

To me more pain = more trauma... How much difference there is between
the two I don't know. Would be very interested to see.

I realise to the average person the difference is negligible but as
bodybuilders who are frequently doing many daily,eod, etc injections,
don't you think the difference is somewhat more substantial?

I just don't want to cringe anymore then I have to, especially with
frequent/daily injections, so I swap needles. To me that's better then
drawing and pinning from the same needle.

I can tell the difference between a new pin and one that has been through a stopper. Then like the GRAVESY pointed out, add in that 2nd compound a lot of us are using, no thanks pins are too cheap for that.

My other reason, I like to pin with 25g, so it's just easier to draw with one (22g) and switch to another.

For those saying One Draw w/ One Injection with the same needle is fine. What about if using 2 compounds. Now you have twice the damage of the pin going throu stoppers?

I tried that in the past and I could tell a difference in the pain of injection. I wouldnt do that if I could help it.

So you are an MD? I see you are an anesthesiologist. That is a broad spectrum of medical knowledge. Chiro and MD. That is impressive but your
assumption that there is never a better way than what you have been taught is not.Have a nice day Doc...

I am a chiropractor/nutritionist .reading back my grammar was poor,lol.
I own a clinic which has an anesthesiologist named Peter.
I spoke to him about this the other day.I actually showed him this thread and he laughed.He is so busy and won't argue with people over silly little stuff they are uneducated about.But he did tell me how dermatologists use the same needle10-15 times in one procedure for colllagen injections or fillers etc.. Peter said he ususe the same needle multiple times for cortisone injections.It would take hours to do it changing needles and is not needed.

You can not be fucking serious. A doctor almost never draws and injects with the same needle.

Really?? I own a clinic and have never seen them change.I order their supplies and see what they do and use.

How many of your patients receive the amount of shots we do? I take a minimum of 2 shots a week somethings working up to 7+ depending on what I'm getting ready for. I agree the scare tissue from reusing your draw needle is probably very minimal but when I plan on taking weekly shots for the next 20+ years it's something to think about.

Many many many,some are on injectable pain meds due to liver disease so oral arent an option.Some every 3 hours.We have diabetics(i am diabetic on insulin) that inject multiple times daily.I draw and shoot my lantus same pin.

I am also on TRT and am prescribed ONE needle and pin each injection.

From my experience in the field of healthcare it is not practced this way as is protocal on these bodybuilding boards.Ultimately,being extra catious isn't going to do any harm,but just is not neccassary in my opinion.Scar tissue will be so minimal from these pokes.

I spoke to him about this the other day.I actually showed him this thread and he laughed.He is so busy and won't argue with people over silly little stuff they are uneducated about.But he did tell me how dermatologists use the same needle10-15 times in one procedure for colllagen injections or fillers etc.. Peter said he ususe the same needle multiple times for cortisone injections.It would take hours to do it changing needles and is not needed.

Really?? I own a clinic and have never seen them change.I order their supplies and see what they do and use.

Wow, why risk it? 10-15 inject with the same. No thanks, better pay 15$ than inject with the same pins that I draw from.

knadian187

whenever mixing up my concoctions...i can tell the difference between a needle sliding through the stopper for the first time compared to the second, third or fourth time. It definitely gets dull after going through the stopper. which is the reason i draw with a different pin that what i inject with.

and once a pin has entered my body, i never reuse it

Many many many,some are on injectable pain meds due to liver disease so oral arent an option.Some every 3 hours.We have diabetics(i am diabetic on insulin) that inject multiple times daily.I draw and shoot my lantus same pin.

From my experience in the field of healthcare it is not practced this way as is protocal on these bodybuilding boards.Ultimately,being extra catious isn't going to do any harm,but just is not neccassary in my opinion.Scar tissue will be so minimal from these pokes.

Bro, subq slin injections are very different from IM injections.

Bro, subq slin injections are very different from IM injections.

Really? where is the majority of the scar tissue formation ? Do you understand the micro difference in needle sizes? Are you in the healthcare profession or are you just giving me your opinion?

I am getting the sense you are just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing with nothing to add.

It seems if your employees use 2 needles for every inj they double the cost of this item(the needle) and increment the time for the injection, not good for your business...LOL
It seems that if Peter must change needle every injection the cost of the procedure and the time Peter spent both increase...not good for your business and for Peter...LOL
It seems that if a dermatoligist for collagen administration uses 1 needle/syringe for every injection instead 10/15 they spent 10/15 x of the syringes cost and the procedure take a lot more time, not good for theyr business...LOL
BB0713 posted the photo of a needle used 1 time, this photo is in every diabetologic centre i've seen and it tell us to use a needle 1 time and no more. In fact in every needle/syringe package you find the number 2 in a circle crossed out to tell us to don't reuse it...clinical or home setting.
Sorry for my English and i hope i didn't offend you kid1dakota but if in your clinic you reuse needles/syringes that get the 1 use indication you are risking your own business...

Really? where is the majority of the scar tissue formation ? Do you understand the micro difference in needle sizes? Are you in the healthcare profession or are you just giving me your opinion?

I am getting the sense you are just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing with nothing to add.

A 23g is visibly larger than a 29g insulin needle. I don't care if I have a little bit of scare tissue under my skin, the concern is scar tissue in the muscle. Subq slin shits wont cause scar tissue in the muscle where as daily shots over a long period of time can. If they don't why has my massage therapist spent hours breaking up scar tissue in my injection sites? I've never had an infection/reaction/etc so it's not from dirty gear.

No but I do have a masters degree in mechanical engineering from a top 5 school so I'm capable and qualified to think critically.

A 23g is visibly larger than a 29g insulin needle. I don't care if I have a little bit of scare tissue under my skin, the concern is scar tissue in the muscle. Subq slin shits wont cause scar tissue in the muscle where as daily shots over a long period of time can. If they don't why has my massage therapist spent hours breaking up scar tissue in my injection sites? I've never had an infection/reaction/etc so it's not from dirty gear.

No but I do have a masters degree in mechanical engineering from a top 5 school so I'm capable and qualified to think critically.

Ha ha ha, A degree in mechanical engineering(from a top 5 school none the less) qaulifies you to advise or question healthcare providers?

Because I sure wouldn't know where to begin to help a mechanical engineer!
Even if it seemed like common sense I would trust their judgement due to education and experience.But thats just me :rolleyes:

It seems if your employees use 2 needles for every inj they double the cost of this item(the needle) and increment the time for the injection, not good for your business...LOL
It seems that if Peter must change needle every injection the cost of the procedure and the time Peter spent both increase...not good for your business and for Peter...LOL
It seems that if a dermatoligist for collagen administration uses 1 needle/syringe for every injection instead 10/15 they spent 10/15 x of the syringes cost and the procedure take a lot more time, not good for theyr business...LOL
BB0713 posted the photo of a needle used 1 time, this photo is in every diabetologic centre i've seen and it tell us to use a needle 1 time and no more. In fact in every needle/syringe package you find the number 2 in a circle crossed out to tell us to don't reuse it...clinical or home setting.
Sorry for my English and i hope i didn't offend you kid1dakota but if in your clinic you reuse needles/syringes that get the 1 use indication you are risking your own business...

I'm sorry you misread my quotes and have re-stated exactly what I was conveying.
We make very nice profits and do NOT waste time or supplies.

Ha ha ha, A degree in mechanical engineering(from a top 5 school none the less) qaulifies you to advise or question healthcare providers?

Even if it seemed like common sense I would trust their judgement due to education and experience.But thats just me :rolleyes:

Yes, being educated and trained to absorb information from multiple sources while solving problems efficiently makes me qualified to question people. If I don't understand something or disagree I'll do hours of research in order to develop an educated opinion instead of blindly believing someone.

I think a mod may want to look at this thread and maybe locker up.
This has really turned into a forum for someone to get a bit high and mighty.
QUESTION A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL??!! Damn right! Same as I would question a plumber or any service provider. I was somewhat amused till
I saw that remark about questioning a PAID service provider.
I also take offense to the the uppity way you refer to bigswoles degree(s).
All this over some trivial needle use question. Someone please end this one.
I would never lend credence to anything I would hear from Kid1 regardless
of his education .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear