advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

With all the 2070's and 2080's discontinued...

DrBeefcake777

Banned
It seems Nvidia is very close to dropping the 3000 series. They still make the 2060 line, but that makes me very excited. My 2060 Super will def suffice, but they resell so well in good condition I may have to sell mine and go 3000 series if its what Im expecting, which is Nvidia doing amazing things.

PS5 and Xbox Series X?..... thats what PCs look like now, the next line from Nvidia will be true next gen

The new 3000 series is going to be more affordable than the 2000 top. Im thinking i will get the 3090 next spring when I build a new pc.

Im waiting for the 3090 24g
I just did a build last year with a 2080ti 11g. I was to impatient to wait for the 3000 series. Good thing is I can just swap out my GPU for a new one once I get it.

oh lordy that 3070 for $500 seems great I just wish it had more vram.

My girls PC will be getting a mint condition 2060 Super bc Im not gonna sell it for $200 when I paid $400. Id rather be able to just have it in her PC in case I need to fix mine and I can game on hers

Im waiting for the 3090 24g
I just did a build last year with a 2080ti 11g. I was to impatient to wait for the 3000 series. Good thing is I can just swap out my GPU for a new one once I get it.
Im thinking now that we can run different cards in SLI? You might be able to run that 2080ti in SLI with your new 3090. Dedicate the 2080 ti to physx, so your main card doesnt have to run that. I did that in the past and it runs great. That was back when the cards had to be the same #. I think I have read that is not the case anymore, but Im unsure.

You would just need to have a beefy power supply. I always put in 1000 w or more PSU, just to be safe.

Im thinking now that we can run different cards in SLI? You might be able to run that 2080ti in SLI with your new 3090. Dedicate the 2080 ti to physx, so your main card doesnt have to run that. I did that in the past and it runs great. That was back when the cards had to be the same #. I think I have read that is not the case anymore, but Im unsure.

You would just need to have a beefy power supply. I always put in 1000 w or more PSU, just to be safe.
I didn't even consider that. That would be awesome. I have a 1200w power supply , I made sure I overdid everything so I wouldn't need to upgrade for at least a couple years....hopefully...tech loves to advance fast these days. I have a Problem with buying monitors. I'm happy with my two LG ultrawides at the moment until they release something 144+ hz at 4k at a decent price. Seems like everyone is getting into the gaming monitor/tvs these days.

I didn't even consider that. That would be awesome. I have a 1200w power supply , I made sure I overdid everything so I wouldn't need to upgrade for at least a couple years....hopefully...tech loves to advance fast these days. I have a Problem with buying monitors. I'm happy with my two LG ultrawides at the moment until they release something 144+ hz at 4k at a decent price. Seems like everyone is getting into the gaming monitor/tvs these days.
I'm like you on overdoing it ! I see LG has a new monitor thats ultra wide and over 40 inches! Its 144 hz too. Cost about about $1400. The res is over 3440x1440 because its bigger. Its still 21:9 though! I'm getting that next i think. Its got HDR too! Asus has a real nice one but its only 3440x1440 and costs about $2200. Both have gsync.

Here it is!

38 inch,3840x 1600 and 175 hz!

Id just be worried a good number of games may not support that res, and then you're back to hacking the game to run it. I hate that crap. 5 years ago when I first bought mine, many games didn't support 3440x1440. Now most do, but still some new ones dont!

Oh wow , I didn't see that. That's pretty!

I bought two of these LG monitors in the pic after trying 2 different asus monitors and a samsung.
The asus were nice but I wanted ultrawide and the one they make that i wanted was 2k. The one you mentioned above.

I was having issues using both , one to game one to browse/watch videos at the same time. Had to do a work around a roll back my Nvidia drivers. I love it now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-211030.png
    Screenshot_20200927-211030.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 1
Oh wow , I didn't see that. That's pretty!

I bought two of these LG monitors in the pic after trying 2 different asus monitors and a samsung.
The asus were nice but I wanted ultrawide and the one they make that i wanted was 2k. The one you mentioned above.

I was having issues using both , one to game one to browse/watch videos at the same time. Had to do a work around a roll back my Nvidia drivers. I love it now.
That is a great price for one that has HDR! When I bought mine they didnt have many monitors at all that had HDR. I have a Asus Rog Swift, it was king of the hill back when i bought it and cost about $1200. It doesnt have HDR. I may get that new LG I linked above. I will do some more research to see if that weird resolution of 3840x1600 is supported by many games. Last thing I want to do is game with black bars on the sides. Sick of that already.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws