over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Women, steriods, hormones and craziness

WickedT

Banned
Women, their 40s, previously taken lots of gear and hormonal issues. ..no one seems to discuss what happens in their forties...the effect these substances have or had on them...the only comments seem to be the same thing..men commenting that a woman never should have taken this or that..regardless that is NOT the information I am seeking.
Although lengthy, I feel it needs to be addressed or spoken about, and what better place than on a forum that we can openly share these trials and tribulations. Over a year ago, after being off all substances for numerous years, I began experiencing horrific mood swings, anxiety and severe depression. Far worse than the general PMS type shit. I attributed the feeling to being over worked, not sleeping much, and stress. I let a year go by before I had my hormones checked...the result was not what I expected. My E3 was normal, 65...my progesterone normal range but my testosterone was a mere <0.5. Immediately I started HRT, low dose of test cyp 50mg 2x per week which I get from Monster Gear (it's the only place I trust) Within a few weeks I was able to make it through a whole day without nodding off, but still not feeling like myself. Not to mention I still train hard but am steadily losing size, except in my waist. That's gone from 29 inches to 33 inches. .I look like a barrel. (Yes, diet is clean. Same as it's always been)
Here we are 5 months later, I switched to test prop 25mg 4x per week, and in less than one week my mood swings are back in full straight jacket form. I cry, I hate myself, I hate people, then I'm fine, then tired, then angry and all for NO GOOD REASON. I've seen 2 doctors both simply suggest some form of anti depressants ...that's NOT the answer I'm seeking. What is the cause of this, is it because I took so much stuff years ago, is it just menopause, is it both, and what the hell do I need to do to feel like my old happy self again???? Anyone??? I appreciate the time it took to read this, and I'll be posting regularly in case anyone else wants to follow my roller coaster of crazy.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Professional Muscle mobile app

That's a ton of test for a woman... I'm assuming that you're self treating and your doctor doesn't know about that? Do you know the normal range for a woman and/or have you gotten your test levels checked since you started doing this to yourself? I'd be willing to bet you're not in the normal range of ANY hormone now.

ive met a lotta fuckin crazy women around that age who didnt use hormones... lol so who knows.

this post too seems like has the fake potential of late..

taking t is gona fuck up those hormone pannels asp.
were they tested again?
after t.

might wana approach this with a fine tooth comb rather then a slege hammer:lightbulb:

That's a ton of test for a woman... I'm assuming that you're self treating and your doctor doesn't know about that? Do you know the normal range for a woman and/or have you gotten your test levels checked since you started doing this to yourself? I'd be willing to bet you're not in the normal range of ANY hormone now.
That's part of my confusion, the doctors don't seem to understand how much damage I probably have done in the past so the "normal" levels of 20-40 to me feel like death. I did note I feel better or decent around 70...that being said I'm scheduled for blood work again next Tuesday.

ive met a lotta fuckin crazy women around that age who didnt use hormones... lol so who knows.

this post too seems like has the fake potential of late..

taking t is gona fuck up those hormone pannels asp.
were they tested again?
after t.

might wana approach this with a fine tooth comb rather then a slege hammer:lightbulb:
I'm sure it will mess it up more, however at 0.5 I was about ready to off myself so something had to give.

You seem to have the exact symptoms of depression. Im not sure why you must believe its the type of testosterone you are taking and not a common mental health issue like depression...im sure those ole doctors dont know what they are talking about.

Women, their 40s, previously taken lots of gear and hormonal issues. ..no one seems to discuss what happens in their forties...the effect these substances have or had on them...the only comments seem to be the same thing..men commenting that a woman never should have taken this or that..regardless that is NOT the information I am seeking.
Although lengthy, I feel it needs to be addressed or spoken about, and what better place than on a forum that we can openly share these trials and tribulations. Over a year ago, after being off all substances for numerous years, I began experiencing horrific mood swings, anxiety and severe depression. Far worse than the general PMS type shit. I attributed the feeling to being over worked, not sleeping much, and stress. I let a year go by before I had my hormones checked...the result was not what I expected. My E3 was normal, 65...my progesterone normal range but my testosterone was a mere <0.5. Immediately I started HRT, low dose of test cyp 50mg 2x per week which I get from Monster Gear (it's the only place I trust) Within a few weeks I was able to make it through a whole day without nodding off, but still not feeling like myself. Not to mention I still train hard but am steadily losing size, except in my waist. That's gone from 29 inches to 33 inches. .I look like a barrel. (Yes, diet is clean. Same as it's always been)
Here we are 5 months later, I switched to test prop 25mg 4x per week, and in less than one week my mood swings are back in full straight jacket form. I cry, I hate myself, I hate people, then I'm fine, then tired, then angry and all for NO GOOD REASON. I've seen 2 doctors both simply suggest some form of anti depressants ...that's NOT the answer I'm seeking. What is the cause of this, is it because I took so much stuff years ago, is it just menopause, is it both, and what the hell do I need to do to feel like my old happy self again???? Anyone??? I appreciate the time it took to read this, and I'll be posting regularly in case anyone else wants to follow my roller coaster of crazy.

That's part of my confusion, the doctors don't seem to understand how much damage I probably have done in the past so the "normal" levels of 20-40 to me feel like death. I did note I feel better or decent around 70...that being said I'm scheduled for blood work again next Tuesday.

3 bolded parts:

First: why don't you get prescribed Test since your hormones are that low? Sorry, but you should have literally zero issues getting a script from the doc.
Not saying Monster doesn't have good gear, they do, but you're already going to a doctor so talk to them

Second: It's not about the answer you WANT to hear, maybe you NEED it! Before eaclecall comes in and says all doctors want to do is give drugs and not treat symptoms bla bla bla, you might actually NEED anti-depressants! They are way over prescribed, yes, but you might be a person who needs them, there are people who do and you may be one.

Third: Have you told your doctor about your past usage?

You're currently on 100mg of Test/wk, there are a lot of men that are on that for TRT. Don't you think you're taking too much

You seem to have the exact symptoms of depression. Im not sure why you must believe its the type of testosterone you are taking and not a common mental health issue like depression...im sure those ole doctors dont know what they are talking about.
Because I have no reasons to be depressed, I'm 44, pre menopausal and don't feel like this every day, I wasn't asking for ppl opinions I was seeking a bit of knowledge and suggestions but clearly that isn't going to happen

50mg twice per week is knot low dose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Professional Muscle mobile app
Thank you, finally an actual answer from someone! !! When I was bodybuilding that's what my coaches had me on, so I guess I assumed that would work, however I didn't consider menopause OR previous damage I may have done. I will lower the doseage. Thank you !!!

If being "clean" for that long had your labs at these levels then you jumped back onto 100mg a week which is about 4x-6x a TRT (mine is 125 a week!!) dose I'd suspect that your estrogen has responded and is now very high causing the mood swings to come back.

I'd like to see what your labs are next week , most likely they are gonna be out of whack. If that's the case I'd drop the test dose back to 10-15 mg a week and possibly add in a low dose anti estrogen. A TRT dose is something you want to sneak up on slowly , runs dose for at least 4 weeks then have labs drawn and adjust as needed , run for a month have labs drawn and so on.

3 bolded parts:

First: why don't you get prescribed Test since your hormones are that low? Sorry, but you should have literally zero issues getting a script from the doc.
Not saying Monster doesn't have good gear, they do, but you're already going to a doctor so talk to them

Second: It's not about the answer you WANT to hear, maybe you NEED it! Before eaclecall comes in and says all doctors want to do is give drugs and not treat symptoms bla bla bla, you might actually NEED anti-depressants! They are way over prescribed, yes, but you might be a person who needs them, there are people who do and you may be one.

You're currently on 100mg of Test/wk, there are a lot of men that are on that for TRT. Don't you think you're taking too much

Why do you think she may need them? If there is nothing that has happened other than ceasing the hormones then I am led to believe it is hormonal related.

She says her diet, training, etc.. are all pretty similar to what she was doing before. So I don't think it's an issue that requires SSRIs.

I do agree that she should get proper blood work through a doctor and get on prescribed HRT though.

IMO you are on way too much test, and there is something else going on that is hormonal. I'd lower that dose. But first I would go to a hrt clinic and get it legal, and also have them test for many other things.

Last edited:
3 bolded parts:

Again, I know it's not depression because there's no reason fore to be depressed, it doesn't run in the family, and I have never let this way before. I don't expect any man to understand it because you don't deal with the same things. However I do appreciate you mentioning 100mg is too high...these are all things I've disused with hormone therapists and given my past use they never once said it's too high
That's why I'm here looking for some help on the issue

Interestingly enough, I have female friends in the whole range to compare to you. One of them is early 50's, same horrible symptoms, ex bodybuilding competitor then she switched to physique once bodybuilding category was obliterated. Second friend early 40's, she started developing the same symptoms at around 41 years old. Ex figure competitor. Dealing with multiple doctors to find out her condition. Third friend she's 35, figure competitor, starting to develop severe anxiety and mood swings.

Now this is MY OWN PERSONAL opinion. Women get addicted to steroids at a way higher rate than men. Thats is what I have personally seen in my own personal experience so don't take this as an official explanation. I am just giving you my own point of view of what I see. Women are extremely stubborn. You tell them no tho do so because they will hurt themselves, they don't listen. They bitch, fight, push everybody away and then blame everybody around them, but never themselves.

Now the specific cause of the issue, if you wanna know my own personal opinion from a naturopathic health perspective, is SEVERE brain damage from years and years of drugs use and lack of dietary fat. That is my own personal opinion about the issue. Keeping the drugs WILL NOT fix, cure nor properly treat ANYTHING. It will only make things worse down in a spiral and eventually you'll have to add multiple drugs to counteract symptoms. Again, IN MY OWN PERSONAL opinion, it all comes down to nutrients. The proper way to do it in my opinion is to stop ALL drugs of all kind, reorganize diet, and FORGET about bodybuilding diet because the American bodybuilding diet is pure high quality GARBAGE. American bodybuilding pays attention to macro nutrients, NEVER to micronutrients which is directly related to health. Prioritize micronutrient intake, manage macronutrients for HEALTH, not bodybuilding. Low fat diets are extremely harmful for health. Up to 75% of your brain is made of cholesterol and fat. ALL your sex hormones without exception are made of cholesterol. All your nerves are made of cholesterol. Make sure you consume plenty of animal fat and cholesterol in your diet as well as essential fatty acids plus all vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and plenty of antioxidants.

Again, this is my own point of view. In my own personal opinion American bodybuilding sadly has everything backwards and that is the reason we have so many guys dropping dead and so many guys developing heart disease at a rate unheard of. Anybody is free to take these advices or not. Statistics don't lie, and when you look around the world, our nutritional habits are just plain DEPLORABLE.

Why do you think she may need them? If there is nothing that has happened other than ceasing the hormones then I am led to believe it is hormonal related.

She says her diet, training, etc.. are all pretty similar to what she was doing before. So I don't think it's an issue that requires SSRIs.

I do agree that she should get proper blood work through a doctor and get on prescribed HRT though.

IMO you are on way too much test, and there is something else going on that is hormonal. I'd lower that dose. But first I would go to a hrt clinic and get it legal, and also have them test for many other things.
I'm having blood work done again next week. Thank you for actually reading the post and offering your advise. It's definitely not depression, but most doctors look past the fact that I've used and probably abused steroids. Too few women will post or talk about it, so I guess we're to believe they got massive off some primo and var...I have no problem admitting I've taken too much stuff and hopefully my mistakes will help someone else down the line, but for now it'd be nice to understand how to treat the problem. Thank you again!!!

Again, I know it's not depression because there's no reason fore to be depressed, it doesn't run in the family, and I have never let this way before. I don't expect any man to understand it because you don't deal with the same things. However I do appreciate you mentioning 100mg is too high...these are all things I've disused with hormone therapists and given my past use they never once said it's too high
That's why I'm here looking for some help on the issue

I'm sorry, but that is just plain ignorant.

There's no reason to be depressed - you don't "need" a reason to be depressed. A chemical imbalance will cause depression regardless if there's a "reason" or not

It doesn't run in the family - doesn't mean you can't have depression. You know, a lot of people suffer from depression but don't tell anyone because of the stigma it carries, food for thought.

You've never felt this way - wow, this one takes the cake as to why it's not depression.

You hormone therapist thinks a women taking 100mg is fine? Did you ask them if they thought it was a safe dose, or because they didn't tell you you're going to die you didn't listen? You know, ALL women have selective hearing, you're no different guaranteed. But yeah, have a bunch of non-medically trained people on a steroid board give you their opinion of which they get from google or Wikipedia, brilliant. Good luck with your issues, I truly hope they get resolved

Interestingly enough, I have female friends in the whole range to compare to you. One of them is early 50's, same horrible symptoms, ex bodybuilding competitor then she switched to physique once bodybuilding category was obliterated. Second friend early 40's, she started developing the same symptoms at around 41 years old. Ex figure competitor. Dealing with multiple doctors to find out her condition. Third friend she's 35, figure competitor, starting to develop severe anxiety and mood swings.

Now this is MY OWN PERSONAL opinion. Women get addicted to steroids at a way higher rate than men. Thats is what I have personally seen in my own personal experience so don't take this as an official explanation. I am just giving you my own point of view of what I see. Women are extremely stubborn. You tell them no tho do so because they will hurt themselves, they don't listen. They bitch, fight, push everybody away and then blame everybody around them, but never themselves.

Now the specific cause of the issue, if you wanna know my own personal opinion from a naturopathic health perspective, is SEVERE brain damage from years and years of drugs use and lack of dietary fat. That is my own personal opinion about the issue. Keeping the drugs WILL NOT fix, cure nor properly treat ANYTHING. It will only make things worse down in a spiral and eventually you'll have to add multiple drugs to counteract symptoms. Again, IN MY OWN PERSONAL opinion, it all comes down to nutrients. The proper way to do it in my opinion is to stop ALL drugs of all kind, reorganize diet, and FORGET about bodybuilding diet because the American bodybuilding diet is pure high quality GARBAGE. American bodybuilding pays attention to macro nutrients, NEVER to micronutrients which is directly related to health. Prioritize micronutrient intake, manage macronutrients for HEALTH, not bodybuilding. Low fat diets are extremely harmful for health. Up to 75% of your brain is made of cholesterol and fat. ALL your sex hormones without exception are made of cholesterol. All your nerves are made of cholesterol. Make sure you consume plenty of animal fat and cholesterol in your diet as well as essential fatty acids plus all vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and plenty of antioxidants.

Again, this is my own point of view. In my own personal opinion American bodybuilding sadly has everything backwards and that is the reason we have so many guys dropping dead and so many guys developing heart disease at a rate unheard of. Anybody is free to take these advices or not. Statistics don't lie, and when you look around the world, our nutritional habits are just plain DEPLORABLE.

First bold - not an opinion, a scientific documented FACT!!!!

Second bold - without knowing her past diets, that's a far reaching assumption.

I like what you posted here EC, not what I would have expected from you at all! The dietary habits of the average American is deplorable. Eat more grains, but watch out for fats or you'll get fat. Drink and eat a shit ton of sugar, but limit your protein intake and animal fats, you'll die of a heart attack and you'll shit out your kidney. Sad thing is, people believe it :banghead:
My mother-in-law is so freaking malnourished, she refuses to eat anything with substance, yet will eat the icing from cupcakes and not the cupcakes itself because of "carbs". Yelled, yes, yelled at my wife for drizzling olive oil on asparagus sprouts saying she ruined them. Won't touch anything with fat, but will drink a bottle of wine a night :banghead:

First bold - not an opinion, a scientific documented FACT!!!!

Second bold - without knowing her past diets, that's a far reaching assumption.

I like what you posted here EC, not what I would have expected from you at all! The dietary habits of the average American is deplorable. Eat more grains, but watch out for fats or you'll get fat. Drink and eat a shit ton of sugar, but limit your protein intake and animal fats, you'll die of a heart attack and you'll shit out your kidney. Sad thing is, people believe it :banghead:
My mother-in-law is so freaking malnourished, she refuses to eat anything with substance, yet will eat the icing from cupcakes and not the cupcakes itself because of "carbs". Yelled, yes, yelled at my wife for drizzling olive oil on asparagus sprouts saying she ruined them. Won't touch anything with fat, but will drink a bottle of wine a night :banghead:

Im not assuming her diet man. There is a reason I repeated multiple times in my post that this is my own personal opinion based on what I have seen around on other women, NOT HER. I don't know her, I have no idea about her diet. My opinion is just what Ive seen around.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws