over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wonderful Insulin Scare Today; Please Advise

rc771

Newbies
So just a little background

Ive been running Insulin (humulin r intramuscularly) pre workout for about 4 weeks now with great results; (during this time I have been cruising on 300mg test per week)

I worked my way up to 12iu (kept carbs the same while ramping up insulin dose) while having 35g karbolyn with the shot, and 40g karbolyn during my workout, I honestly had no major issues and I felt very comfortable with my protocol...

Until today; last week I began my blast by adding Provirion (25mg ed), Tren e (500mg/week), and EQ (600mg/week). I literally have only been taking these three on top of my test for ONE week. So today I went to train hams and calves as usual and after my 2nd set or so the slin hit me like a freight train; I immediately knew something was wrong so I downed the rest of my intra workout drink, some additional karbolyn, a mountain dew, sweetarts, and tried to force a gatorade down my throat while I spent the next hour sitting on the verge of passing out/about to throw up all of the liquid in my stomach. After the 2hr mark I started to feel better as the insulins action began to subside.

So now reflecting on what happened the only thing I can come up with is that one of the three new compounds has increased my insulin sensitivity...? I took yesterday off and I remember the day before I felt a little light headed, so as it seems my insulin sensitivity has gradually ramped up.

Additional things I have done that stand out as a possible culprit seem to be
1. Started taking Hawthorne berry (1000mg ed) and 600mg ed beta sitosterol
2. Last night I drank a "detox" drink consisting of 24g Metamucil, 2tbsp lemon juice, and 2tbsp Natural Apple Cider Vinegar

In my mind the things that stand out the most seem to be either the tren or the "detox" drink from last night..

And I do realize that some of you may have something to say about it being my first post and it being about slin; I forgot my old username and have not posted since. I attached a pic of me for reference 5'10" @ 220lbs.

Any input would be greatly appreciated,
- RC

Attachments

• 20120628_014308-1.jpg
    20120628_014308-1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 853
Last edited:
how many carbs in the meal before workout ??

you are pretty low on the grams of carbs per IU , I'd back the slin down to 10iu or add 15g or so carbs to your intra drink and make sure you eat 40-50g an hr and half pre workout

how many carbs in the meal before workout ??

you are pretty low on the grams of carbs per IU , I'd back the slin down to 10iu or add 15g or so carbs to your intra drink and make sure you eat 40-50g an hr and half pre workout

about 1hr before I had 8oz of chicken with 2 cups white rice (i believe that is near 60 - 80g of carbs)

and yes I think I am going to restart at a lower slin dosage, because that was very... not fun.

Not sure bout supplements but gear should not make you more sensitive. I do notice the leaner i get the more sensitive I get to slin. 1 mountain dew should have been all you needed, but I've been in your situation before and you tend to shove as much sugary shit down your gullet as you can.

Why the hell would you take slin pre workout? All that is going to do is sedate your workout and make you go hypo during exertion. lmfao

Why? Do you think more is better? It's not.

mostly because I was sticking with my carb intake and upping the slin to see what I could tolerate with that amount of carbs, because I assumed that was optimal.

I think I may back down my carbs to around 60g total and restart at around 6iu...

The more I think about it i feel that this "detox" drink may have had something to do with it. Its supposedly aimed at cleansing the liver and kidneys, I am not sure if those organs play a role in insulin sensitivity...?

Why? Do you think more is better? It's not.

Exactly, I have a question for all those are taking high doses of insulin, where you getting the information that you need to build up your IUs? I am not promoting insulin use, you don`t need to take more than 3 IUs. You can`t go by what some not to smart pros are doing.

Why the hell would you take slin pre workout? All that is going to do is sedate your workout and make you go hypo during exertion. lmfao

I'm pretty sure its quite a common practice...

Exactly, I have a question for all those are taking high doses of insulin, where you getting the information that you need to build up your IUs? I am not promoting insulin use, you don`t need to take more than 3 IUs. You can`t go by what some not to smart pros are doing.

Interesting point, now say one were to run only 3iu of slin (pre workout?) ... would you even ingest carbs at that dose or simple have some whey with bcaas, creatine, etc. ?

Interesting point, now say one were to run only 3iu of slin (pre workout?) ... would you even ingest carbs at that dose or simple have some whey with bcaas, creatine, etc. ?

No need to take insulin pre work out.

Never used slin but would think it would be more optimal to use after a workout to shuttle nutrients to your muscles

When i use slin i take it preworkout cause i train later in the evening and that 1.5-2 hrs makes a huge differance is how my evening playes out.

Ive never had any issue with getting hypo or sluggish during training.

I would much rather take it post workout but that put getting to bed alot later due to haveing to eat later

When i use slin i take it preworkout cause i train later in the evening and that 1.5-2 hrs makes a huge differance is how my evening playes out.

Ive never had any issue with getting hypo or sluggish during training.

I would much rather take it post workout but that put getting to bed alot later due to haveing to eat later

Well,than I would take it half way trough my training and I would take no more than 3 IU and I would start sipping on my carb drink.

Thanks for all the replies; after that scare I am going to change things around a bit.

I think I am going to follow what emeric is suggesting with not going about 3iu and I am going to switch to post workout.

As far as that goes the things that I wonder are:

1. How many grams of carbs would I need with my post workout shake (I have heard of guys using that low a dose with no carbs or very little)

2. Sometimes training is done for me around 8pm; pinning intramuscularly I feel that after 2 hrs the peak has passed for me, what would be a safe time to go to bed, my research has usually concluded around 4 hrs post (with humilin r)?

Never used slin but would think it would be more optimal to use after a workout to shuttle nutrients to your muscles

Yes. OK, I will not get in this insulin debate, I will tell you guys this, in 2000 a Bay are laboratory conducted experimental research on bodybuilders and track and field athletes (man and women)on insulin, I will make it short, the recovery on 10 IU where not better than on 3 IUs with the male athletes and 2 IUs on the women athletes.

Yes. OK, I will not get in this insulin debate, I will tell you guys this, in 2000 a Bay are laboratory conducted experimental research on bodybuilders and track and field athletes (man and women)on insulin, I will make it short, the recovery on 10 IU where not better than on 3 IUs with the male athletes and 2 IUs on the women athletes.
I've heard the same thing and this is suppose to be why it's better to take 4-5 iu every 5-6 hrs than take one big shot at once right ?

Im thinking I'm gonna give this a shot this off season and see , say 3 , 3iu shots over a 12-15 h span rather than take 10iu at once.

I can take 3 iu post workout while on a zero carbs diet so I'm guessing that with a steady flow of moderate carbs it would be fine

Because humilin r is active for 4 hours so it makes sense to take it pre workout, because it still we be active post workout.

Mike Arnold, Farah, ect.

more is NOT better as others have stated...

with my personal experience with slin (years ago)

is.....you need to find your sweet spot
your number.....your dose....thats it

frequentcy????....is another question
and that itself is highly debateable

:cool:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members