over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wonderful Insulin Scare Today; Please Advise

Good stuff. Not too far off from how some people claim they need to take in 400 grams/day protein when they only weigh 200 lbs. Whatever your body doesnt need is going to be stored as bodyfat. Many people have the mentality though that more=better.

The problem I see is that instead making your own insulin work better people are jumping on insulin.

The problem I see is that instead making your own insulin work better people are jumping on insulin.

Right, and by taking exogenous insulin they are in effect making their bodies less sensitive to insulin and overall decreasing the effect of insulin in their bodies?

I know back when I was using insulin Phil used to yell at me and say I never told you to use that.

I'm sure emeric likes ass like every other guy here.

I dont get near the ass I used to before getting married, im jealous of all the young guys out there getting a daily dose of ass.

Right, and by taking exogenous insulin they are in effect making their bodies less sensitive to insulin and overall decreasing the effect of insulin in their bodies?

I know back when I was using insulin Phil used to yell at me and say I never told you to use that.

Phil is very smart.

Per Mike Arnold, if you use it 4 times a week, insulin is only active in your system for about 20 hours a week. Hardly enough to negative affects you natty insulin levels.

Per Mike Arnold, if you use it 4 times a week, insulin is only active in your system for about 20 hours a week. Hardly enough to negative affects you natty insulin levels.

"natty insulin levels"? what are you talking about? we are talking about insulin resistance, not the the body's ability to produce insulin, completely different. Insulin resistance is a sliding scale that exists to some extent in every individual, if you thought of it as "insulin sensitivity" it would probably be easy to understand.

Did you know that to much insulin can do liver damage?

That's the first time I have heard that. How much is too much?

I take enough humulin to make sure that my blood glucose level is in the 80's after 5 or so hours. I do that because I believe that having high blood sugar is also damaging to the body.

I guess my question is... what would be worse, the damage caused by high blood sugar, or the damage to the liver from taking insulin?

I take enough humulin to make sure that my blood glucose level is in the 80's after 5 or so hours. I do that because I believe that having high blood sugar is also damaging to the body.

I guess my question is... what would be worse, the damage caused by high blood sugar, or the damage to the liver from taking insulin?

If youre not diabetic then your blood sugar should never get dangerously high anyways. Leave the body alone and let it work the way it is designed to.

The two primary sites for insulin clearance are the liver and the kidney.

Are diabetic?

I am 60, at my age low dose ass is very beneficial.

This had my busting up :D

I like high doses of ASS as often as she'll give it to me :). I'm starting to realize low doses of AAS is the way to go at my age :lightbulb:

This is a great thread!

Last edited:
If youre not diabetic then your blood sugar should never get dangerously high anyways. Leave the body alone and let it work the way it is designed to.

we're designed to store fat for periods of famine...

Well this turned into an interesting thread.

After doing much research it seems the combination of a few added supplements greatly increased my insulin sensitivity and caused the problem for me.

As of now I am taking a break from insulin, and if I do it again it will be at a much lesser dose.

And just to throw this out there "ritche" or w/e ... You are seriously being ignorant by not listening to some of the advice in this thread, you sure seem to know it all; but you obviously fail to realize that if you take 25iu of insulin before your workout and for some reason your insulin sensitivity has increased because of a small change that you didn't think about (as mine did) ... You will NOT be able to get enough carbs down your throat to save you, I promise you. Take it for what its worth...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131