over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Work forcing the flu shot

Wow at some of the people saying to just take it. You'd have done well in nazi Germany.

Whatever happened to "it's my body, i decide what goes into it" ?

Wow at some of the people saying to just take it. You'd have done well in nazi Germany.

Whatever happened to "it's my body, i decide what goes into it" ?

No one is forcing you to take it.,. We are just saying stay home if you dont want to take it.. Its not for you,, its for the sick people that can die cause of it.

Ask the original poster where he works, and I am sure its gonna be a healthcare field.

Wrong Lex......they make the pharmaceutical industry very healthy $$$$
Now remember the swine flu pandemic that never materialized in 2009 and realize there were millions of doses of unused vaccine. The pharm companies are certainly not going to discard those doses and take the loss. More likely they are injecting all those unused doses into an unsuspecting/trusting sheep-like population with no regard for your health whatsoever. If only more people would wake the hell up!!

This might sound like a wild claim, but I already know that the FDA will approve drugs that will negatively effect your health, knowing that. Not the first time that was proven. I still say the FDA is bought and paid for by the Pharmacy companies, along with the politicians. They are not looking out for your well being at all.

Yet they are worried about a freaking flu shot , and its all a conspiracy for the pharma company or the government. GET over yourself, you are not that important.

I think that has been proven he is not important, they are not giving him a choice :rolleyes:

No one is forcing you to take it.,. We are just saying stay home if you dont want to take it.. Its not for you,, its for the sick people that can die cause of it.

Ask the original poster where he works, and I am sure its gonna be a healthcare field.

I've worked in the health care field for 25 years. I have never gotten the flu shot or the flu. If it comes to the point where I am forced to choose then I no longer live in a free society where the person decides what they allow in their own body. Seems to me if the patients and their visitors don't have to have it, then I who am healthier than they and have an enhanced immune system from working in the field for 25 years then it's total bullshit. You're more likely to catch something at a busy mall during holiday shopping season than from me treating you in the hospital.

Talk about no rights, my wife forced me to get the flu shot and while I was there I also got the tdap, spent $100 but at least she shut up, or should I have
found another wife?

ur making this a big deal for nothing. stick a needle in ur arm and ur done, we do this 5 times a day anyways. is it really worth making a fuss about? as someone said above, ur injecting peptides u dont know what it actually is or does, and ur injecting generic gh which is not actually growth hormone. and ur fuzzing about a pharm free flu shot? lol

yes please just force me to take whatever you want, after all you know best.

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 168
yes please just force me to take whatever you want, after all you know best.

The stupidity level of this thread is amazing. No employer can literally FORCE you to take a flu shot or fire you for it. There are fed laws against that.

They can strongly encourage moron employees to comply. If you don't know how to assert yourself or simply say you're allergic to Thimerosal, then you may feel forced. I promise you nobody in upper management or HR will tell you that your employment depends on getting a flu shot. If they do, contact an employment law attorney and collect.

Last edited:
All you guys who are saying, "It's just a little shot, what's the big deal?" are amazing to me. I can't even believe anyone would think like that. It may be harmless but that's not really the point is it?

The stupidity level of this thread is amazing. No employer can literally FORCE you to take a flu shot or fire you for it. There are fed laws against that.

They can strongly encourage moron employees to comply. If you don't know how to assert yourself or simply say you're allergic to Thimerosal, then you may feel forced. I promise you nobody in upper management or HR will tell you that your employment depends on getting a flu shot. If they do, contact an employment law attorney and collect.

its not that black and white.

ok, lets not say force you always have a choice -I am being strong armed into complying. Yea if I worked some shit job I could say fuck off and go find another shit job. Life isn't that easy for some people. I have to go into facilities that dictate compliance levels for their visitors. I did find a way out after years of bitching and it required me to get a note from a Dr. saying in his professional opinion I don't react well to flu vaccine.

its not that black and white.

ok, lets not say force you always have a choice -I am being strong armed into complying. Yea if I worked some shit job I could say fuck off and go find another shit job. Life isn't that easy for some people. I have to go into facilities that dictate compliance levels for their visitors. I did find a way out after years of bitching and it required me to get a note from a Dr. saying in his professional opinion I don't react well to flu vaccine.

Tell the nurse you're allergic to Thimerosal. No more questions asked. Some people actually are.

I also am amazed at the people who are responding to just take it. My job isnt bad but does pay shitty in my opinion. I more so stay here for benefits and lack of motivation to get another job. But this is motivation.

There are a few people in each of our many offices who are trying to battle this. I just dont know what to do. I may go to a local drug store and ask the person giving the shot to please toss the injection and please say I had it.

Btw my company get greater payment for having a higher percentage of employees getting this injection. The dont care for the patients or me, just the bottom line. More injections = more money.

Tell the nurse you're allergic to Thimerosal. No more questions asked. Some people actually are.

They want a physician note and the reaction you claim to had from a previous flu shot. They are denying these for everyone so far. Its fucked up.

They want a physician note and the reaction you claim to had from a previous flu shot. They are denying these for everyone so far. Its fucked up.

Religious Exemptions: All but two states (West Virginia and Mississippi) allow religious exemption to vaccination.
These exemptions are worded differently in different states and require different forms of written documentation that must be submitted to state governments supporting a sincerely held religious belief opposing vaccination.
Some states require a notarized affidavit or letter from a spiritual advisor attesting to the sincerity of a person’s religious beliefs about vaccination. The religious exemption is under attack and, in some states like New York, parents are being grilled about the sincerity of their religious beliefs by state officials and denied religious exemptions to vaccination so their partially or completely unvaccinated children cannot attend public schools.
The National Vaccine Information Center is working with citizens, who want to protect their rights to religious exemptions, to add or re-write the religious exemption in state vaccine laws.

Conscientious Belief Exemptions: 18 states allow conscientious, personal or philosophical belief exemption to vaccination. These states come the closest to protecting a citizen’s right to exercise voluntary, informed consent to vaccination in America. They are:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin
This exemption, like the religious exemption, is under attack by forced vaccination proponents who want to eliminate non-medical exemptions to vaccination in America.
The National Vaccine Information Center is working with citizens who want to protect or add conscientious belief exemption in state vaccine laws.

**broken link removed**

USA. And the company was a mom and pop doctors office when i was first hired and is now a hospitol network. We went from a family work atmosphere to being a number. We now look at patients as products and try and get maximum product for minimal cost. Health care is a business. The current atmosphere is not what I signed up for years ago.

There certainly are people who have been fired for not getting the flu shot!!

Google "get flu shot or get fired"

Get Flu Shot or Get Fired, Hospital Says | Fox News

Last edited:

The single-dose units are made without thimerosal as a preservative because they are intended to be opened and used only once. Additionally, the live-attenuated version of the vaccine (the nasal spray vaccine), is produced in single-dose units and does not contain thimerosal.

There certainly are people who have been fired for not getting the flu shot!!

Google "get flu shot or get fired"

Get Flu Shot or Get Fired, Hospital Says | Fox News

Perhaps I overstated the illegality before. Its not black and white. It really all depends on state law and many other factors but there is a Fed Labor Act in place. However, most employers are "at-will" meaning you are employed at will by them and can be fired for just about anything if they are unhappy with your performance (majority if the country is this way). Other factors: If you have an employment contract with your employer that touches on this, a CBA between employer and union, Anti-discrimination laws, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and the Americans with Disabilities Act may make it illegal (i.e. stated religious beliefs can make them unable to force you). If you signed an employee contract with a vaccination policy in place, you're probably fucked and could get canned legally. It's still a gray area in the employment law world and not good footing for an employer. This is not my area of practice/speciality but I know this much.

If anyone is really interested in this evolving law, see: Chenzira v. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, S.D. Ohio No. 1:11-CV-00917 (Dec. 27, 2012)

I'm not denying if you work for a small mom and pop company and piss them off by not following their policy you could get canned. But its not a great position for them to take in terms of an employment law case by stating that you were terminated for refusal to be vaccinated. You could have a decent case if they did, depends what you signed. You may get fired, but they will just say it was for cause under some other reason like poor performance. If you're in this position, its shitty. If it was between losing a job I wanted to keep and taking a thimerosal free flu shot, get the shot.

I still dont get what all the fuss is about. A thimerosal (aka Thiomersal) free shot is really just inactive viruses selected for that season. Most of the controversy I've read about comes from the mercury based thimerosal. Either it wont work well, or it will give you a slightly reduced chance of getting one of those flu strains. A lot of recent controversy is about how they arent really that effective but that is not really a health concern. I dont get the frenzy. I avoid thimerosal too, but other than that issue, there is no other real concern. The flu shot will not directly GIVE you the flu. That is about as conclusive as stating the earth is round. Do some reading.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity