over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working at a outside gym chain not possible anymore

Mini Monster

Registered
Due to unforseen chances, i have to cancel my Golds memberships due to economy cut back. I still have everything else (like ,cars and bills), i want to try to get some basic gear put in my garage. i would like to stay around old school maybe a smith machine and i would love a set of those powerblock dumbells untill time allows other wise anyone else had a similar thing happen to them.

Last edited:
if you're looking into a home deal, then look into getting an old power rack with a barbell, bench, weights, and a squat cage. It's pretty much the most basic you can get and the most effective imo.

if you're looking into a home deal, then look into getting an old power rack with a barbell, bench, weights, and a squat cage. It's pretty much the most basic you can get and the most effective imo.

Agreed, plus the power blocks which save a shit ton of space and money. My friend has his own home gym with a jones machine set up and power blocks and it saved him a lot of money.

I have a gym membership but I also have my basic home gym that consist of a power rack, weight plates, different bars sizes, power blocks, and bench with leg ext and curl attachments. Its a good back up if you only have limited space to work with.

How much does a Gold's Membership cost? My gym membership is $40/month. If I cancelled that for a year = $480. That won't even buy a decent flat bench and bar and weights to go with it. How would a home gym save money? imho, i only see the home gym option as a way to keep working out when my schedule prohibits me from going to the gym. Also, for me personally, the comradery of my fello bros in iron at the gym make lifting there so much more enjoyable :)

Have you considered just joining a smaller gym that costs less?

investing in an adequate home gym will run you much more than a membership at golds.

look at local craiglist in your area for deals on workout equipment, also a playitagainsports or similar store... usually its .50 a lb for used

im sory to hear bout your circumstance, i dont mean to brag but i actauuly only pay 100 a year at ballys due to being apremier member for a while, can anyone beat that?

if anybody in Missouri area wants to buy a nice power rack and oly bar with lots of plates, hit me up. I'll sell extremely cheap if you can pick it up (I live in columbia). Need money desperately.

How much does a Gold's Membership cost? My gym membership is $40/month. If I cancelled that for a year = $480. That won't even buy a decent flat bench and bar and weights to go with it. How would a home gym save money?

Have you considered just joining a smaller gym that costs less?

I was thinking the same thing, unless he was in NYC, where he probably wouldn't have a garage for a homegym...a membership usually costs less

im sory to hear bout your circumstance, i dont mean to brag but i actauuly only pay 100 a year at ballys due to being apremier member for a while, can anyone beat that?

I've been a member at Bally's in the past before. It's one of the cheapest and crappiest gyms ever run IMO. The cleaning crew is extremely understaffed, the equipment is dirty, it's over crowded most of the time and the lockers are very unsanitary and stink. I'm more than glad to pay a little more for my gym which is extremely sanitary, quiet and properly staffed.

My golds membership for both me and my wife was 54 dollars a month but having to get new jobs the schedule for has it all screwed up and running around to get the kids and home feed and bathed it it is alittle rough right now.

The question is, would anyone want to beat that and have to train at Bally's????:p

Yes

For a regular dude that pays a gym membership, yes.
I don't know what premier membership is or what a Bally's is like because I've never been there......But, I pay $5/month($60/year) for Any 24hour fitness I want in the U.S.:p:D

free up some money

I would do my best to free up some cash, and continue to w/o at a quality gym. Have you looked at all your insurance policies and got quotes recently. I do this each yr and many times can save myself 500.00 and up by adjusting the deductibles or changing companies etc. Could you possibly work a part time job? I just think long term that you will benefit so much by being in the proper atmoshere. I use kettlebells at home, its not a bodybuilding w/o but you can get brutally strong using those.

you cant even come up with 50 bucks a month to keep your membership? you cant train sat, sun, and 1 other day during the week?

damn

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity