over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working out 2x a day

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
Is there anything wrong with working out 2x a day 3 days a week if volume is really low.

This morning.....Monday....I did the following
1 RP close grip Bench 12x4x2
1 working set Skulls
1 working set weighted dips For Chest as I don't do any bench except for CGBP

This evening
1 working set military Presses
1 working set side Laterals

Wed...Morning

1 working set Bent Rows
1 working set Lat Pulls

Evening
1 working set......Seated curls
1 working set......Preacher Bench

Friday Morning
Quads 4 sets 25 reps ea set

Evening
Hams and calves

Double post-computer lag

Last edited:
imo...Nothing wrong with it what so ever.

Do what works for ya, and if its keeping your motivate, Hell yea!!

Your working different bodyparts - only thing you will miss is probally the additional stress from splitting it up. But if your hitting hard--You make that up if your body likes it and if your recovery is on.

I personally work out morning and afternoon - when I can If I feel my central nervous system is taking a hit..I don't or I take additional days off.

But I do low reps morning..High reps afternoon..Same exercises

I like it..my body likes and the Ladies love it ;)

do you think it works?

i was in off for about 3 months, now im begin to star all over again, so, for the kick, i could use that..

thanks

To bad I'm not popular like others so I could get more responses

Looks fine to me...especially since volume is low.

Theres no rights or wrongs when it comes to workout routines. Just things that do and don't work and only you can know which methods do and don't work for you. If it ain't broke, dont fix it.

I love 2 a days, it allows for two post workout states, where you can absorb more protein and utilize slin and growth effectively only thing keep the workouts short 30 to 45 mins and the volume not so high, this way you wont burn out the CNS. Cheers bro.

I love 2 a days, it allows for two post workout states, where you can absorb more protein and utilize slin and growth effectively only thing keep the workouts short 30 to 45 mins and the volume not so high, this way you wont burn out the CNS. Cheers bro.
Thanks Freak

I think this is just the ticket for guys our age; it seems like you would avoid over training and over stressing the CNS.

It also eliminates boredom. I've done multiple sets for so long, it is hard for me to get off that kick. I now do 4 working sets of Hammer Strength bench presses interspersing heavy (for me down to 8 reps) and light (up to 16) and vary the rest accordingly.

On your working set, do you go to absolute failure - concentric deadlock? How many reps in the set?

I think this is just the ticket for guys our age; it seems like you would avoid over training and over stressing the CNS.

It also eliminates boredom. I've done multiple sets for so long, it is hard for me to get off that kick. I now do 4 working sets of Hammer Strength bench presses interspersing heavy (for me down to 8 reps) and light (up to 16) and vary the rest accordingly.

On your working set, do you go to absolute failure - concentric deadlock? How many reps in the set?
Bump!! Two a day's three times a week are my preferred split. I usually do the big muscles in the morning and the smaller associated muscles in the afternoon. I keep my workouts to about 30-35 minutes. And recovery is excellent.

I like the concept, but I have a hard time believing that one working 2 sets of curls a week will give you gains - even on juice.

Are there any studies to support success with this type routine?

i actually do this sometimes

i get a few 2 week vacations a year
and i'll do 2 a days for 2 weeks at a time
just to stir things up

what i do is simply act like a.m. and p.m.
are two diff. days in my rotation with alittle less
volume

ex.

i like to do 2 days on 1 off
so....
a.m.....p.m. are my 2 days
the next a.m. is my off day
the next p.m. would be my first day of the next 2
and so on

mixes things up a bit
but its hard with the constant sched. change
thats why i do this on my vacas

:)

If it works for you,,,sure. Most people though will end up over training.

Why would doing the same workout split into two sections cause someone to overtrain? If anything it offers mre recovery. Each workout he posted would take 20-30 mins max...it's one working set to failure.

Why would doing the same workout split into two sections cause someone to overtrain? If anything it offers mre recovery. Each workout he posted would take 20-30 mins max...it's one working set to failure.

hes probley speaking of my "occasional" routine
for 2 weeks at a time a couple times a year

which btw......is AWESOME for bringing up lagging body parts

Remember I was mostly working Triceps. So my first exercise was Close grip bench press and I used a rest pause to failure on the set. 12,4,2. This already worked the tri's good. So the second exercise skulls and I did 2 warm up sets. I then took a weight that I knew I could get 12 and took it to failure which was 17 reps. I did the same thing for weighted dips. I don't lock out on any exercise

Later I did shoulders.
Military press
12 x 100
12 x 130
12 x 160
Then my work set to failure
190 to failure which was 11 and then without rest 1 warm up and 1 working set of side laterals and my shoulders were spent.

I also decide I will try 2 on 1 off, 2 on 2 off so I hit all muscles 2 times a week except for legs. I will rotate exercises except I will keep skull crushers in there when working tri's.

I read somewhere to stimulate not annihilate.

Last edited:
hes probley speaking of my "occasional" routine
for 2 weeks at a time a couple times a year

which btw......is AWESOME for bringing up lagging body parts

I agree....I experimented earlier this year with two a days for te same bodypart....i would do 6-8 sets of chest presses an than hit 6-8 sets of fly type movements later than night....I found only my back and shoulders respond well to the two a day training...chest and arms didn't respond much

From one old man to another, train in awaway that brings YOU the best results.

2stones

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity