over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working out with a tire

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I see alot of guys working out with tires online. Some hit it with a sledge hammer, some throw it, some do other things. I have no doubt this makes you fit, but specifically, how would this help a bodybuilder? Cardio? Core work? Also, do you think this sort of stuff cuts into recovery and volume should be adjusted for your typical workouts>

No idea what it's supposed to do its crossfit cope shit but I'm chopping wood for Cardio and heat... It's not gonna give you gains but at least you won't get fat while in quarantine it also sounds manly and you save cash on heating that can go towards hgh Tbh. Think of the end goal (hgh)

Throwing Tires is a Full body Workout...Hitting it with a Sledge is Great as Well, Core work at its finest not to mention a Nice stretch!
Stacked Semi tires 10 high for Yrs and as for the Sledge....No bodies intercostals and Obliques are Tighter!!!

Ahhh, that makes sense now..lol, I wondered why the tire was a staple in a lot of CrossFit gyms

Years ago before people used this as a form of exercise my brother in a fit of rage took a sledge hammer to a tire and the damn thing bounced back splitting his head open.. Coarse knowing him wasn't using the proper form and technique

I don't practice that style of training. For body building I feel like progressive overload through resistance training is just so far above and better than anything else, that doing it is a "waste of time".
If I recall I *think* it'll only mostly somewhat help your core.

Years ago before people used this as a form of exercise my brother in a fit of rage took a sledge hammer to a tire and the damn thing bounced back splitting his head open.. Coarse knowing him wasn't using the proper form and technique
+
Forgot, the tire was on the rim inflated. Idiot

I don't practice that style of training. For body building I feel like progressive overload through resistance training is just so far above and better than anything else, that doing it is a "waste of time".
It is Nice to Have Usable Muscle....Not just for Show...Move wrong and Pull a Muscle kinda Guy LOL

It is Nice to Have Usable Muscle....Not just for Show...Move wrong and Pull a Muscle kinda Guy LOL

All of this. Too many bodybuilders work out mostly on machines, then can't actually do anything in the real world. Ask them to help move a couch up a flight of stairs, and they will tear every tendon in their body LOL.

I'll never be a Crossfit guy. But there are elements of that style of training that help you learn to integrate everything together (the body is one piece), not isolate muscles. Hitting a tire with a sledgehammer or throwing tires, pushing and pulling sleds, running sprints, doing farmers walks with heavy weights, and other things from strongman training help increase your ability to actually do useful, real things in the real world.

I typically agree, but I feel like some sort of functional movement (not lifting weights slowly and putting them down) would be good for us cardio wise, injury prevention, cause us to be less stiff, etc. And the variety would be helpful. I have never actually did anything though other than just bodybuilding stuff. I guess the only concern would be overtraining but I doubt it would negatively affect our bodybuilding training unless we hit a tire for hours.

Flipping tires is extremely good cardio. Also PLs do that stuff on “GPP” days to get blood flowing, aid in recovery, and to get work capacity up.

We would flip tires for 10-20 yards, drag a sled, and then do a farmers carry in a circuit for 30-40 minutes at a slow pace. (Light implements).

Flipping tires is extremely good cardio. Also PLs do that stuff on “GPP” days to get blood flowing, aid in recovery, and to get work capacity up.

We would flip tires for 10-20 yards, drag a sled, and then do a farmers carry in a circuit for 30-40 minutes at a slow pace. (Light implements).

This sounds like great fun !

Would love to try this

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner