over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working out with the woman

mormussle

Registered
We meet at the gym once or twice a week. The problem I have is I have always been a solo trainer, who needs my tunes to stay motivated, and get a good work out in. Hearing about her day at work, just takes the wind out of sails, and I don't want to be rude to her by keeping my head phones in. I know she really likes seeing me these nights during the week, as we do not live together. So this my dilemma ??????

I never train with women. Its impossible to hide my boner in that zumba class and im constanty asked to leave. Also zumba is hard as shit.

We meet at the gym once or twice a week. The problem I have is I have always been a solo trainer, who needs my tunes to stay motivated, and get a good work out in. Hearing about her day at work, just takes the wind out of sails, and I don't want to be rude to her by keeping my head phones in. I know she really likes seeing me these nights during the week, as we do not live together. So this my dilemma ??????

You may just have to speak up and tell her the truth.

just tell her to shut up and make you a post workout protein shake ( or a steak if she really loves you).:cool:

U dont like her, amd most likely she aint attractive so just tell her the truth

Damn, guess I'm just old, but I love working out with the wife! 16 yrs and going and we push each other every day. When we walk in the door, we're both about the workout, all the BS is done before or after we're done. We both listen to music during our reps as well, but sure occasionally we pull out an earbud to say something funny or important to each other. But I love having the person closest to me in life pushing me every training day!

As Alin said, talk to her. If you are on the same sheet of music, other than the amount of plates loaded, it's no different than training with another bro.

I found it the other way around. I used to train with my mates and all they wanted to do was talk and muck about. So I changed gyms and went solo for. Hike till my mrs said she wanted to intensify her training and that she needed someone to push her.
We now train together, same routine just he is light and high reps. We know hn we are in the gym it's ll focus and get in, train and then leave. No dribble shit from either of us

I love my wife, but we don't train together.
She is into fit and tone, and I am into heavy ass lifting.

I am an older guy on here 48, and set in my ways, maybe I need to make some ajustments. Thanks for all the constructive input.

At the end of the day mate you need to do what works for you in the gym.

When I'm in the gym it is similar to a mediation or de-stress time for me so if something isn't working I would change it

I'm not 100% sure how strongly you feel about working out alone, but I've had to turn down my girlfriend, my best friend, and a few others. For me, working out is very personal and something I want to do alone, at my pace, in my order, when I feel like doing it and without any useless chitchat. It's my time to do with as I please and my time to clear my head. Of course they don't fully understand and are still a bit offended, but oh well... sometimes you just have to be "selfish". :cool:

Last edited:
Don't tell her the truth bro. It will break her heart even if she acts like it's ok. I had to do this before. It's a no win situation really. Your best bet is to start working out with her for a month or so, get her comfortable in the gym, set her up another workout program citing she needs to be on a more "female" oriented program, and watch her from afar...

Damn, guess I'm just old, but I love working out with the wife! 16 yrs and going and we push each other every day. When we walk in the door, we're both about the workout, all the BS is done before or after we're done. We both listen to music during our reps as well, but sure occasionally we pull out an earbud to say something funny or important to each other. But I love having the person closest to me in life pushing me every training day!

As Alin said, talk to her. If you are on the same sheet of music, other than the amount of plates loaded, it's no different than training with another bro.

this sounds exactly like me and my girl of ten years.
shes strong enough that she can spot me when im benchin 315.

tell her the truth...you can still meet at the gym,work out seperately,then eat together and go screw or whatever...

get one of those shitty headphones that let in most of the outside noise and place your music at a level that you can hear it and her.

or see how hot she is and how much you care about your workout and from there

OR do what I did...change your workout time and blame the time change on something but that you would love to continue eating her...I mean eating with her. It'll slowly end up like dates and speed some things up.

I work out with my wife and I told her I need to be in the zone she's 100 percent cool with it haha and does her own thing when I do my heavy sets

I'm a volume guy, so we train together for awhile, then I send her(wife of 19yrs) off to do cardio while I pump...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131