over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working where you train

TRAPS21

Registered
Has anyone else had the problem of getting burned out because they work at the same place they train. I only work part timne at the gym but I train 4 days a week before my real job. I then go back and work 2-3 nights per week, and usually one shift on the weekends. I am starting to wear a little thin wqith everything. Any advice from someone who has the same problem or has gone through it.

T21

I had that problem a few years ago. I was working as a personal trainer and working out there as well. I got sick of looking at the place. There was a dungeon of a gym close to my house. The place I worked was state of the art, shiny, pretty stuff. This other gym was a dark, old, rusted, chalk covered, stinky, mildewed cave. It turned out to be exactly what I needed. I felt like an animal in that old dungeon. I had some of my best work outs ever there. It kind of sucked having to pay to work out when I could work out at the other place for free, but it was damn sure worth it.

A few years ago, while I was working FULL TIME and TRAINING before work I agreed to help a friend out by working for his gym on a part-time basis.

I spend 1/2 day Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday there in addition to maybe one evening after work per week. I helped set up the equipment, trained his sales staff, set up his back-end computer stuff, etc. I actually enjoyed it even though I would be a walking zombie 7 days a week.

Well, after about 6 months of that I had enough. Something was going to snap and it looked as if it was going to be me! So, I spoke to him and I transitioned out of the picture over a few weeks.

Best part is... I've been training for free ever since! And, he did compensate me for my time. Extra $ is always helpful, but not at the expense of your sanity! :eek:

I train 3 days where I work, 2 days at another gym. Good that way for me-each person has to find thier own threshold.

Yeah years ago when I was personal training. I had to join another gym just to get away from everyone that new me so I could train.

I work out...

in two different gyms and personal train in another, so I basically have access to 3 gyms. I cannot stand being at the gym I train at anymore, most of my friends that used to train there have left and moved on and the other grup of friends is at some other locations. Each gym has its ups and downs and machines that I wish one just had, but I do have access to many environments which I think is healthy espec if u want to keep things fun and new. I only pay at one mem, at a golds, but other then that everything else is at my disposle. But I cannot stand to train in the same gym that I train my clients at, at least not right now :)
gooey

Shut up, quit bitching and lift! LOL! No, It might get a little old but when I train, I have actually no clue where I am at. weights, loud music, and insanity! ;)

TH

I don't like training where I work either. Not that I get sick of the place, which can happen. I get sick of the people! I don't answer questions for others while I'm training. That's one of the big reasons I wear head phones. People think I'm a dic but oh well I need me time and my training is truely ME time.

I did it for nearly 3 years, then had a year away which was nice. Then I started it over again, I got sick of it real quick this time around and just joined a new gym.

I ran a gym for 5 years and never really got sick of it...and my training never really suffered, but I would head to the student rec center...

Where I am now, I hate it...I PT and train at the same place and I cannot stand it, but I go to other places to get a freah look.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws