over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

workout belts

Strider said:
So what's a good belt or brand to buy guys?

I have always used the single prong 13mm belt from inzer. Better quality and less expensive then cardillo.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna look at each of these suggestions and pick one up in a week or two.

nosmas said:
You have the COOLEST belt Lynx!

;) And to think JT was pissed when it came in, "It's too small!" But his was giving me bruises on my ribcage. I could see how he thought it would be too small though, me being the burly chick that I am. GRRR! :D

I wear a belt too. Mostly on my heavy lifts. I had a really nice purple suede cardillo belt, but unfortunately it only fits during pre-comp....I had to buy a new belt this off-season. lol. I got a nice pink Inzer belt.**broken link removed**

Uluwatu said:
I have always used the single prong 13mm belt from inzer. Better quality and less expensive then cardillo.
prefer the double prong myself.

I wear mine for all sets of every exercise.

I use Cardillo. Very soft leather as soon as you get it and it lasts a lifetime. Great support.

Big Bapper said:
I wear mine for all sets of every exercise.
either you have the worst back in the world, or you were just kidding.

I wear one

For everything and I am very old. It is just cow hide and wide at least 6 inches and over the years it becomes stainded with sweat. It is not detremental but phsycologocally its supports me and physically i believe it does keep that area under control when lifting heavy. Personal preference though. However when you reach my age and so many guys got back issues they almost all use belts. I also like to follow my girth and the belt gives me a sense of whether I am losing or gaining in my midsection.

I guess its like wrapping knees ( I've never done ) or using wraps ( iv'e only done once. I have no indication that my knees are vulnerable and lift heavier then most guys my age. If I can't geip and lift it I din't lift it, but I end up gripping a lot of weight other guys need wraps on.

Allbeef

I've had the same belt for over thirty years, don't remember ever
lifting without it.

Used to wear one all the time. Now I never wear one. I do believe it will compromise some of the stabilizing muscles around your trunk. Since I have not used one for years now my lower back is stronger and I do not have back pain. Try doing some of the old school training for your trunk (core). I dislike this word core. We have a trunk/torso not a core like an apple. Every time you grab hold of a weight your trunk goes to work. Do good mornings, stiff leg deads, hyper extensions. You won't need a belt unless you are competition lifting.

Used to wear one all the time. Now I never wear one. I do believe it will compromise some of the stabilizing muscles around your trunk. Since I have not used one for years now my lower back is stronger and I do not have back pain. Try doing some of the old school training for your trunk (core). I dislike this word core. We have a trunk/torso not a core like an apple. Every time you grab hold of a weight your trunk goes to work. Do good mornings, stiff leg deads, hyper extensions. You won't need a belt unless you are competition lifting.

Core:
Center; middle; foundation.
I think these definitions work for me. :D

i have this one i think,.....

**broken link removed**

ive been wanting to upgrade to the INZER single prong for aobut 4yrs now..lol

the single prong and the lever are same price....which is better(im guessing the prong), but i bet the lever is wicked easy??

phats

never liked the single prong. felt unstable. I have a double prong that works nicely even after over 10 years.

And that's exactly where the problem lies imo !

You use your lower back on almost everything to some degree so it's no wonder a lot of people strain something in their lumbar region with all these overtrained lower backs!

As an inury precaution I would at least wear it some of the time

Besides, who the hell wants their trunk muscles to grow? :D

hey moen,

where do they sell the gasp stuff in the states? or do you have to order it over seas? i see it in all the md photo shoots.. looks pretty cool!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw that gasp was a sponsor here now. I think the banner is at the bottom of the screen.

Anyways, I have a great APT belt that I like. I only use it durring the heavier sets and take it off right after as I almost need to lay down after some squats or deads due to lower back pain(no matter what I've tried it's there) :(

Inzer Forever double-prong.I've had it for over 10 years and it is still my favorite.I've had the Inzer lever and it is a great belt also but was injured in 2000 and sold it like an idiot.

I use a setwear belt with the adjustable nob thing....comfortable belt with good support...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws