over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Workout/gear advice - in a rut

MycoPhage

Newbies
a little about me. i'm 6'0, 215 lbs, 18.5% body fat. i've only measured my arms, which are by far my best feature - 16.5''. i'm in medical school, so my workout schedule isn't always perfect, but i generally manage to lift ~3x a week. my diet is FAIRLY healthy, maybe a little to high in fruit, but other than that i don't eat a huge amount of carbs, and try to have a significant amount of protein a day. it's hard to measure calories here, as i eat out every meal (healthily, no fast food), except for protein shakes.

ok, so i'm hopefully getting my first cycle started next week, but i think i need to redo my workout routines. my triceps are really lagging, which i think is because they're so tired after doing so much chest, i don't have any energy left to work them out.

i had an aquaintaince a few years back suggest this workout schedule to me (he was an amateur BB and judge), with the idea that you work major muscle groups, which simultaneously warms up your accessory muscles, so you waste less time warming up each muscle group. Example: do bench and chest exercises, then follow up with triceps/shoulders.

So, i don't work my legs, as i really don't care about them. i GUESS i should work them out since i'm gonna be on gear, but i have no interest in my thighs touching any more than they do now. i'm going for the underwear model or maybe a little bigger look.

Gear cycle - 500 mg test a week + 400mg deca for 10 weeks. weeks 7-12 40mg of winny a day. 500 mg test weeks 11-12. pct of clomid/nolv, nothing special. creatine, yohimbe, multivitamin, flax oil, tons of caffeine (600mg) and ritalin (60mg) to help study (and lift).

normal workout:
Pushing muscle day:
1 set warmup bench @ 135lbs
2 sets ~8-10 reps @ 165
1-2 sets ~4 reps @180
1 set to try and set a new personal best 2 reps @ 225

incline bench
1-2 sets 12 reps @ 135
2 sets 8 reps @ 160
1 set 2 reps 175 (or some other higher weight to see if i can do it)

or: same kinda progression up with dumbbells

Decline - ive been skimping

shoulder DB press
1-2 sets 10 reps @ 45 lbs (i hurt my rotator cuff/trap, so i baby it and see how i feel on a givne day. it's taken 3 months to heal)
2 sets 8-10 reps @ 50 lbs
1 set 4 reps 60 lbs
1 set see if i can do any at 65 lbs

in between those sets, i usually do 3 sets of incline situps, 12 reps, with 35lbs on my chest, or 3 sets 7-10 reps side bends with 75lbs in hand

lateral shoulder raises and front raise (for rotator cuff)
3 sets ~10 reps @ 10-15lbs (shoulder depending)

tris
standing skullcrushers(?)
3 sets, 6-10 reps with 55lb dumbbell held with both hands

standing tri raises with elbow against wall for good form
3 sets 8-10 reps @ 10lbs

shrugs
3 sets 8-12 reps @ 120lb dumbbells in each hand (which is probably pushing it with my bad shoulder, but i CANNOT STAND to pussy foot around anymore!)

so, i'm sure i'm not impressing anyone with these numbers, but i think my sets show that my tris are really lagging behind chest, and that i'm to tired at the end of my workouts to really give them the attention they deserve. my other routine is similar, but using pulling muscles. i try to work out 2 days on, one off, 2 on, then the weekend off (or only one day, it's REALLY boring here).

i'd like to get my traps and deltoids bigger, my shoulders are to flat, and i really miss how they looked when i used to swim competitivly.

well, i'm probbaly boring you all to death, so i'm gonna wait until another time to post my pulling workout!

thanks for the feedback guys

Check out the aritcles forum. Big A has a great thread. Growth principles for beginers

Given your stats, and the fact that this is your first cycle, I'd recommend STRONGLY that you cut the doses to at least HALF what you propose.

You simply do not need this much gear for a first cycle - especially for an "underwear model" look.

I'd also consider some Nolvadex and an aromatase inhibitor, as well as looking into how you plan to come off this cycle and not have sides. Since this is your first cycle, you have no idea which sides may be a problem, so plan for this in advance.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131