workout schedule?

The workout i have done with success is:
Eight-Day Training Cycle: One day training, one day rest
(One day on, one day off)
Day 1: Chest, biceps
Day 3: Thighs
Day 5: Shoulder, triceps
Day 7: Back. calves
What is your age, height, weight, etc...

Did you get this from Mickey M's old routines?

Sorry but I don't know who Mickey M is, though I am positive I have seen the name before. Will look into him. This is the workout that I designed for myself because I WAS ABLE TRAIN EACH BODYPART WITH FULL INTENSITY SINCE THEY WEREN'T FATIGUED. So I don't know what everyone else is talking about. I've done this since I started lifting seven months ago, and it was the exact split my cousin in Germany used and my cousins in Albania used from when I went to visit them, though I never got the chance to workout with them.

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't know who Mickey M is, though I am positive I have seen the name before. Will look into him. This is the workout that I designed for myself because I WAS ABLE TRAIN EACH BODYPART WITH FULL INTENSITY SINCE THEY WEREN'T FATIGUED. So I don't know what everyone else is talking about. I've done this since I started lifting seven months ago, and it was the exact split my cousin in Germany used and my cousins in Albania used from when I went to visit them, though I never got the chance to workout with them.

Mike Matarrazo and a number of others were/are doing this in the 80s,90s and today.

Mike Matarrazo and a number of others were/are doing this in the 80s,90s and today.

Now I know who you where talking about. I read an article/interview of him in the Aug/08 musclemag.

Now I know who you where talking about. I read an article/interview of him in the Aug/08 musclemag.

We had a chance to lift with Mike and Dorian in the early 90s. First time I had ever seen that kind of workout. Seemed to work pretty well....Mike's Bis were ginormous!!!!

mash 1 you look like a bozo clown, i think you need to spend a little more money on your looks bro, but good luck with that

We had a chance to lift with Mike and Dorian in the early 90s. First time I had ever seen that kind of workout. Seemed to work pretty well....Mike's Bis were ginormous!!!!

:eek:Now thats some credentials.

mash 1 you look like a bozo clown, i think you need to spend a little more money on your looks bro, but good luck with that

Bwhahaha, man you got me good!

P.S. I'm still waiting on that pic buddy!

That 3 on 1 off routine you listed above was the routine I posted and I did also add - 'I like the intensity of training 3 on 1 off but thats just me and its all down to the individual.'

It was purely an example of bodyparts worked and in which frequency, of course if I went balls out with back and didn't feel upto going balls out chest the next day I might swap and do legs.

I devote an entire workout to just arms and an entire workout to just shoulders because I want to. It varies time spent in the gym and I LIKE it and it works for me. Why are you looking for a purpose?

Theres no set way of doing things and what works for me may not work for you but to say NOBODY could do that full intensity unless running an ungodly amount of substance is a massive statement and doesn't take into account that everyone is different. Its also untrue.

You seem very opinionated with your posts :)

Which I have the complete right to be. The difference with some individuals though is they REALIZE it's my opinion and they can completely disregard it if they don't like it. Some people seem to take it too much to heart like I'm preaching this is the ONLY way you should do something.

I never once said that it wouldn't work, I just stated what I personally think.

but back to what your saying, you're telling me that you can work heavy back day (rows, weighted chins, maybe deadlifts?) then come back the next day and do heavy legs (squats, leg press, etc) and finally heavy chest movements (decline, flat bench, etc)? I just don't see that happening bro. You might have a VERY superior recovery ability then if you can do that 100% intensity for more than 1 week. Kudos to you, in a non-smartass way. There's no way in HELL I could EVER do that.

Last edited:
Cardio, is it possible to get bigger and leaner? Thinking eod light 20 min 5:30am before consuming any calories. Then eating, resting, eating more than my night w/o, then eating more. I've gained about 30 lbs. in about 2.5 months. Great gear, tren, prop., mast. eod. Just want to be lean as possible. Any comments would be appreciated.

Cardio, is it possible to get bigger and leaner? Thinking eod light 20 min 5:30am before consuming any calories. Then eating, resting, eating more than my night w/o, then eating more. I've gained about 30 lbs. in about 2.5 months. Great gear, tren, prop., mast. eod. Just want to be lean as possible. Any comments would be appreciated.

A number of people(myself included) recommend it. I would bump it up to 30 minutes though.

What pace are you thinking when you do this cardio?

Which I have the complete right to be. The difference with some individuals though is they REALIZE it's my opinion and they can completely disregard it if they don't like it. Some people seem to take it too much to heart like I'm preaching this is the ONLY way you should do something.

I never once said that it wouldn't work, I just stated what I personally think.

but back to what your saying, you're telling me that you can work heavy back day (rows, weighted chins, maybe deadlifts?) then come back the next day and do heavy legs (squats, leg press, etc) and finally heavy chest movements (decline, flat bench, etc)? I just don't see that happening bro. You might have a VERY superior recovery ability then if you can do that 100% intensity for more than 1 week. Kudos to you, in a non-smartass way. There's no way in HELL I could EVER do that.

What effect do fatigued legs have on a chest workout. Or a fatigued chest on a back workout.

I like the eliptical, heart rate about 115 throughout, treadmill inline 5 degrees and 3.2 pace? Is the intensity level the issue for it being anti-growth and such a bad word to say to bros?

What effect do fatigued legs have on a chest workout. Or a fatigued chest on a back workout.

It's your CNS that gets fatigued.
I personally do every other day since I can't recover quickly enough and will
end up getting a cold from weakening my immune system.
I'll typically do;

Tue. Squats - Leg Press - Leg Curls
Wed. rest/eat
Thur. Decline bench - Dips - Incline dumbells - dumbell shooulder press
Fri. rest/eat
Sat. Deadlifts - Rows - upright rows - Pullups/pulldowns - rear delt
Sun & Mon rest/eat

I'm getting old now (40) though and have always been natty
but continue to grow (6'3" - 240 - 15%) on this workout. I occasionaly do arms directly but they continue to grow from the back & chest work.

It's your CNS that gets fatigued.
I personally do every other day since I can't recover quickly enough and will
end up getting a cold from weakening my immune system.
I'll typically do;

Tue. Squats - Leg Press - Leg Curls
Wed. rest/eat
Thur. Decline bench - Dips - Incline dumbells - dumbell shooulder press
Fri. rest/eat
Sat. Deadlifts - Rows - upright rows - Pullups/pulldowns - rear delt
Sun & Mon rest/eat

I'm getting old now (40) though and have always been natty
but continue to grow (6'3" - 240 - 15%) on this workout. I occasionaly do arms directly but they continue to grow from the back & chest work.

Rocks.......what kind of rep and set ranges are you working with?

Exactly as the above poster said, your CNS.

Also, cardio is definitely recommended even for PURE ectomorphs like me. It's ALWAYS a good idea to keep a good cardiovascular system on hand. That can improve your gains in itself.

Also, I like high intensity cardio just like high intensity training. I keep my heart rate above 150 for like 10 minutes.

Rocks.......what kind of rep and set ranges are you working with?

I'll warm up with 15 -20 reps then increase the weight for each following set for 12 reps - add weight 10 reps - add weight and go to failure at somewhere around 4 - 8 reps. So about 4 sets including warm - up then move to the next exercise. I try to rest no more than I have to, to try to get some aerobic benifit from weight training as well ( trying to get to 10% rather than 15%)

If I only do 3 - 4 exercises per workout I'm in and out of the gym in about 45 min to an hour and thats with 15 - 20 minutes of cardio after.

When I was in my early 20's I used to spend 1.5 to 2 hours in the gym and
think you have to put the time in to get your form correct before you can train to failure.

Yeah thats exactly what Im saying and if you don't see it happening then thats up to you. Theres nothing SUPERIOR about me and I say for the last time - everyone is different and this is a routine that I enjoy.

You seem to get a kick out of winding people up since you joined here, fair play if thats how you get your fun, its just not a very classy way of operating IMO. But if thats how you are then thats how you are.

Cue the smart reply :)

Yeah thats exactly what Im saying and if you don't see it happening then thats up to you. Theres nothing SUPERIOR about me and I say for the last time - everyone is different and this is a routine that I enjoy.

You seem to get a kick out of winding people up since you joined here, fair play if thats how you get your fun, its just not a very classy way of operating IMO. But if thats how you are then thats how you are.

Cue the smart reply :)

I'm not winding anyone up? I just put it how it is and am straight forward but will apologize if I'm in the wrong. I can't stand how most guys are today...how they beat around the bush and how they get upset if anyone doesn't kiss their ass and is blunt with them. Take my comments how you please, but again, never my intentions to "wind" anyone up.

but again as my opinion, I would definitely say you have superior recovery ability if you can do that week in and week out. I believe most would probably agree with me on this too.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws