over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

workout schedule?

It's your CNS that gets fatigued.
I personally do every other day since I can't recover quickly enough and will
end up getting a cold from weakening my immune system.
I'll typically do;

Tue. Squats - Leg Press - Leg Curls
Wed. rest/eat
Thur. Decline bench - Dips - Incline dumbells - dumbell shooulder press
Fri. rest/eat
Sat. Deadlifts - Rows - upright rows - Pullups/pulldowns - rear delt
Sun & Mon rest/eat

I'm getting old now (40) though and have always been natty
but continue to grow (6'3" - 240 - 15%) on this workout. I occasionaly do arms directly but they continue to grow from the back & chest work.

What's CNS and have come I have grow on this and never felt like it ever effected me. And my workouts are always fairly intense.

What's CNS and have come I have grow on this and never felt like it ever effected me. And my workouts are always fairly intense.

Central Nervous System, come on man.

Central Nervous System, come on man.

So how does that effect opposite muscles. I've done this since I started lifting and I've gained muscle and strength, and have never said my chest is sore today so I'm not gonna work legs.

I'm not winding anyone up? I just put it how it is and am straight forward but will apologize if I'm in the wrong. I can't stand how most guys are today...how they beat around the bush and how they get upset if anyone doesn't kiss their ass and is blunt with them. Take my comments how you please, but again, never my intentions to "wind" anyone up.

but again as my opinion, I would definitely say you have superior recovery ability if you can do that week in and week out. I believe most would probably agree with me on this too.

I looked back through your posts since you joined and you have been winding people up. The ethos of this board is respect and humility and these are 2 traits that seem to be lacking in your persona. Just read your posts again and you will see it if you look close enough.

Again you come out with a massive statement - 'I believe MOST would agree with me' - how can you speak on behalf of other people? Put it to the test, set up a poll or just drop it.

When I train, I TARGET the muscles being trained by using correct form and mind/muscle connection. This ensures that if I am working chest then I am TARGETING my chest, of course other muscles will be hit ie: triceps and possibly delts BUT my back will remain unworked. This enables me to train my back the next day.

This correct form & mind/muscle connection is the fundamental base of the way I train and it WORKS for me. Instead of questioning me with your sarcastic/disbelieving tone why don't you give it a try for 3 months and see what it might do for you.

Lets leave this in 2008 and start the New Year on the right note yeah? :)

So how does that effect opposite muscles. I've done this since I started lifting and I've gained muscle and strength, and have never said my chest is sore today so I'm not gonna work legs.

BC your CNS has to recover just as your muscles to grow....

I look at it like this (and please correct me if I'm wrong);

You have a limited amount of energy you can store in your body -
like a health meter on a video game. When you train, you cut into this reserve.

So when you get out of the gym (monday) your energy level is at 50% from
exhausting your legs from leg day. You go home, rest,eat and partially recover.

This next day (tuesday) you wake up and your energy is at 75%.
You can go train and walk out of the gym at an energy level of 25%
or rest and recover to maybe 80 - 90% by Wed.

Say you go Wed after training Mon and Tue and your energy level is @ 50%
and you train your chest to failure then you leave the gym with a critically
low energy level and then the next day wake up feeling run down and tired as your body can expend the energy faster than it can assimilate the food to replace it. Just like you can run a horse until it expends all of it's energy and dies you can run yourself into the ground as far as your energy stores.

So you've trained every body part to failure 3 days in a row and your energy level is too low so you are more vunerable to bacteria and viruses and if you do get a sore throat or a cold, you have to fight of the germ invasion and take away from re-building muscle. So you are overtraining and not making the same gains you could have if you allowed yourself more time in between workouts to recover (recover your energy levels not just re-build the muscle trained and keep your system healthy with an ample energy store).

Now when I say you, I am really talking about myself and I'm not knocking anyone else's routine. I have oversimplified the whole thing and I could usually go a couple of weeks before hitting a critical low in energy level.
Also, the more you train the better your body adapts and supplements of all kind help you recover (even if your just taking some b and c vitamins).
As you get bigger, your body has more capacity to store energy.

so waht do yall think about being on a cycle and doing a shedule like either one or two, and if your alternating upper body one day and lower the next is a day or two of rest a week realy nescarry?

one

mon chest and tris
tues legs
wend bis and lats
thurs legs
fri shoulders and traps
sat legs
sun start over with chest and tris

or two

mon chest and tris
tues hamstings
wend bis and lats
thur quads
fri shoulders and traps
sat calfs

so 2 seperates every muscle group to be worked hard just about once a week

so waht do yall think about being on a cycle and doing a shedule like either one or two, and if your alternating upper body one day and lower the next is a day or two of rest a week realy nescarry?

one

mon chest and tris
tues legs
wend bis and lats
thurs legs
fri shoulders and traps
sat legs

or two

mon chest and tris
tues hamstings
wend bis and lats
thur quads
fri shoulders and traps
sat calfs

so 2 seperates every muscle group to be worked hard just about once a week

I am going to pull a MASH1 here.......where are your off days?

When you say Lats........you mean back...right?

I am gong to try and clean this up...and anyone else please jump in and help.

mon: chest/tris
tues: hamstings/Calves
wed: Back
thur :Off
fri: shoulders/Bis
sat: quads/calfs
sun: Off

Bulk,

You need rest days, theres no way around this and like others have mentioned, you need to not overdo it with your CNS.

Why dont you try something like this

1 - Back
2 - Hams & Calves
3 - Arms & Shoulders
4 - Off
5 - Chest
6 - Legs
7 - Off

Try this for a month and see how you feel.
You can still do cardio on your rest days if you feel like theres energy there but stop lifting weights on these days.
Like I said earlier, were all different but if you do too much you will overtrain and not see the gains you want.
Make sure you're eating enough and sleeping enough and really pushing yourself in the gym and you will see results. As for being on a cycle, I'll leave that for others to chime in.
Good luck :)

Okay....here is Evan Centopani's split:

Monday: Quads
Tuesday: Chest and Abs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Back
Friday: Shoulders AM/HamsPM
Saturday: Arms and Calves
Sunday: Off.

Hope that helps a little.

Bulk,

You need rest days, theres no way around this and like others have mentioned, you need to not overdo it with your CNS.

Why dont you try something like this

1 - Back
2 - Hams & Calves
3 - Arms & Shoulders
4 - Off
5 - Chest
6 - Legs
7 - Off

Try this for a month and see how you feel.
You can still do cardio on your rest days if you feel like theres energy there but stop lifting weights on these days.
Like I said earlier, were all different but if you do too much you will overtrain and not see the gains you want.
Make sure you're eating enough and sleeping enough and really pushing yourself in the gym and you will see results. As for being on a cycle, I'll leave that for others to chime in.
Good luck :)

I think this is a nice split, except I think you would get more out of chest if you did arms after not before chest day.

i really think if your altnating upper body one day and lower the next there should be no need to get any more than 1 day of rest per week being on a cycle

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws