over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Workouts/Splits

CockneyBoy7

Registered
Hey guys, just wanted to see what splits and exercises you use for cutting/recomp. I am starting a recomp after some time off with a knee injury and I am looking to find something new and exciting

If you are going to be following a cut& recomp diet I would still use big compound movement BUT with a less weight and much higher rep scheme. I think some frequency training might suit your needs since you are still recovering from a knee injury. the KEY is to use loads that would allow you to reach 20 reps easily. for example:

Day 1: Chest/ Quads/ Lateral Delt
Incline Hammer strength/Bench press/ Incline dumbell Flies (2 working
sets of each for a 6 set total not including warm up sets). if you have been through rehab for your knee then I'd recommend getting back to squatting ASAP albeit very light.
Squats/ leg press (3 working sets of each)
cable lateral raises( 4 working sets)

Day 2: Back/Hamstrings/Rear Delt
Pull ups/Barbell row/seated cable row (3 sets for pull ups and 2 working sets each for the other two)
Romanian Deadlift/seated hamstring machine (3 working sets of each)
Rear delt machine or cables (2 working sets)

Day 3: Off Or (light short cardio could be added here if you'd like)

Day 4: Triceps/Chest/Calves
Dips/Narrow grip press/overhead dumbbell extension (3 sets for dips 2 sets for narrow grip and 3 sets for the last exercise)
Incline Dumbbell press/decline bench/push ups (3 sets for incline 2 sets for decline and 4 sets for push ups)
Seated calves raises (5 sets)

Day 5: Shoulders/Quads/Biceps
Dumbbell press/Lateral raises/Rear delt (3 sets of press and 2 working sets of each lateral and rear delt)
Squats/ Vertical leg press (3 workings sets of each)
Barbell curls/ incline dumbbell curls/preacher curl (3 sets for barbell curls and incline dumbbell and 2 sets for preacher curl)

Day 6: Off

Day 7: Back/Hamstrings/Traps/Calves
pull overs (preferably the nautilus machine if not then a dumbbell)/one arm dumbbell row/deadlifts (3 sets of each)
standing or laying leg curl/GHR's hyper extension chair (3 sets of each)
dumbbell Shrugs (4 sets)

If you are going to be following a cut& recomp diet I would still use big compound movement BUT with a less weight and much higher rep scheme. I think some frequency training might suit your needs since you are still recovering from a knee injury. the KEY is to use loads that would allow you to reach 20 reps easily. for example:

Day 1: Chest/ Quads/ Lateral Delt
Incline Hammer strength/Bench press/ Incline dumbell Flies (2 working
sets of each for a 6 set total not including warm up sets). if you have been through rehab for your knee then I'd recommend getting back to squatting ASAP albeit very light.
Squats/ leg press (3 working sets of each)
cable lateral raises( 4 working sets)

Day 2: Back/Hamstrings/Rear Delt
Pull ups/Barbell row/seated cable row (3 sets for pull ups and 2 working sets each for the other two)
Romanian Deadlift/seated hamstring machine (3 working sets of each)
Rear delt machine or cables (2 working sets)

Day 3: Off Or (light short cardio could be added here if you'd like)

Day 4: Triceps/Chest/Calves
Dips/Narrow grip press/overhead dumbbell extension (3 sets for dips 2 sets for narrow grip and 3 sets for the last exercise)
Incline Dumbbell press/decline bench/push ups (3 sets for incline 2 sets for decline and 4 sets for push ups)
Seated calves raises (5 sets)

Day 5: Shoulders/Quads/Biceps
Dumbbell press/Lateral raises/Rear delt (3 sets of press and 2 working sets of each lateral and rear delt)
Squats/ Vertical leg press (3 workings sets of each)
Barbell curls/ incline dumbbell curls/preacher curl (3 sets for barbell curls and incline dumbbell and 2 sets for preacher curl)

Day 6: Off

Day 7: Back/Hamstrings/Traps/Calves
pull overs (preferably the nautilus machine if not then a dumbbell)/one arm dumbbell row/deadlifts (3 sets of each)
standing or laying leg curl/GHR's hyper extension chair (3 sets of each)
dumbbell Shrugs (4 sets)

Thanks lhouay, yes knee therapy is complete. I had severe inflammation in and around the articular surfaces of both knees. at one point i could not return back up from a bodyweight squat. Thanks for your reply man!! how many times a week would you work a cardio session into this? I was thinking something along the lines of 3-4 times a week fasted in the AM starting at around 25 min the first week and increasing by 5 mins every week? normally I would do a step master but i think i will stick to a machine that is more friendly on the old knees. probably treadmill at 3% incline. thanks again for the advice.

Thanks lhouay, yes knee therapy is complete. I had severe inflammation in and around the articular surfaces of both knees. at one point i could not return back up from a bodyweight squat. Thanks for your reply man!! how many times a week would you work a cardio session into this? I was thinking something along the lines of 3-4 times a week fasted in the AM starting at around 25 min the first week and increasing by 5 mins every week? normally I would do a step master but i think i will stick to a machine that is more friendly on the old knees. probably treadmill at 3% incline. thanks again for the advice.

You are right about that, everything you do from now has to evolve around how comfortable your knee is feeling. This could be frustrating at times but it will get better with time, just be patient and do it gradually; too fast too soon may cause more harm. As far as cardio I would have to say what you have outlined is plenty in my opinion, I'm the type that believes in less cardio and more on diet to lean out. For me cardio works best when BF is higher ie 12% but once you start to get to single digits I feel like I start to lose more lean mass so I eliminate cardio all together and cut calories a little bit more with timed re-feeds. Also if walking inclined doesn't hurt your knee go for it but if it does go for the Elliptical as it is a very low impact machine. Also you might want to consider adding some GH to your regimen, I think you'll reap 2 great benefits from it: It works great with fasted cardio and will help speed up your knees recovery. keep us updated.

You are right about that, everything you do from now has to evolve around how comfortable your knee is feeling. This could be frustrating at times but it will get better with time, just be patient and do it gradually; too fast too soon may cause more harm. As far as cardio I would have to say what you have outlined is plenty in my opinion, I'm the type that believes in less cardio and more on diet to lean out. For me cardio works best when BF is higher ie 12% but once you start to get to single digits I feel like I start to lose more lean mass so I eliminate cardio all together and cut calories a little bit more with timed re-feeds. Also if walking inclined doesn't hurt your knee go for it but if it does go for the Elliptical as it is a very low impact machine. Also you might want to consider adding some GH to your regimen, I think you'll reap 2 great benefits from it: It works great with fasted cardio and will help speed up your knees recovery. keep us updated.

Thanks for all the info, i had just ordered 500iu of rips just before reading this post so fingers crossed I will be in single digits of BF soon.. Thanks for all the info man I really do appreciate it

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear