Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Korea

• Switzerland

• Uruguay

• Total voters
ALLEX; It's there as Holland. I copied the names from somewhere else and that's how they had it. My apologies...[/QUOTE said:
Thanks ALLEX I should have read the list closer ... I did vote for Germany tho

After watching today the Netherlands is very beatable. It all comes down to the bracket. Spain will come back strong from that loss but because of netherlands winning that group it means Spain will play brazil in the first round of the bracket. So on one side you'll most likely have germany/brazil/Spain and on the other Netherlands/Argentina/Portugal/Belgium.

Funny stuff from the World Cup...

**broken link removed**

Leo still away from Oscar.
**broken link removed**

Hulk, got you pal.
**broken link removed**

German National Team:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

New street name after Uruguay lost to Costa Rica.
**broken link removed**

Bosnia training field:
**broken link removed**

Costa Rica (Rich Back):
**broken link removed**

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 USA... hopefully they can hang on. Great game :)

USA was stronger than Portugal. Klinsmann setup a great defense system. That goal at the last minute was a bummer.

Maybe Klinsmann will talk to his German brothers and agree to a draw in the last game, so both teams will make it through.

USA was stronger than Portugal. Klinsmann setup a great defense system. That goal at the last minute was a bummer.

Maybe Klinsmann will talk to his German brothers and agree to a draw in the last game, so both teams will make it through.

USA were great but near the end they defended too deep and gave the ball away too easily. I guess tiredness kicked in. The Germans have 1 day extra rest plus a lot less travelling to do so they will be much fresher. I would like both to go through but I can see the Germans winning that game even though the US are a great team. It would be naughty for them to play for a draw but would work out well but I can't see them doing that. Sure if it is 1-1 at 75 mins they will take it really easy and past it about (being happy with a draw)but I think they will both go for it earlier on.

Renaldo injured and not 100%, Pepe out, other players hurt aswell... yep for Portugal to even tie it up as they did shows how much better then are

Renaldo injured and not 100%, Pepe out, other players hurt aswell... yep for Portugal to even tie it up as they did shows how much better then are

The thing is that portugal is not better than the US. Soccer is one of those sports especially where score does not represent the game very well. The US way outperformed Portugal. 1 or 2 plays can negate that dominance however. For example the US won against Ghana and i really thought Ghana was the better team.

Every team has injured players. Pepe is a terrorist that should be banned from football. Portugal may be individually stronger, but USA was superior.

Obviously USA was superior to Portugal, every team is superior to Portugal ATM. The guys can't even run, it's ridiculous. I would bet my house against them vs Ghana.

Portugal have 10 injures, not only Ronaldo (and i don't see anything specially wrong with him FWIW, sure is not 100% but, cmon, what exactly were people expecting him to do with this team? Dribble 8 players from the midfield and score?), "half" the players in that start eleven didn't play this year because they were injured or they were second/third options in their teams.

I'm sure some people here are aware Portugal was 4º in the World ranking before the tournament, like Spain was 1º, it wasn't because they usually play like this.

It's never smart to make conclusions about a team based on two games. It's like saying the Miami Heat are totally garbage based solely on the last 3 (ok, 5) games of the NBA finals.

Oh, i'm Portuguese, if there was any doubts about it, and i'm embarrassed by the lack of effort display by "my" player (don't get me start talking about Pepe). Losing i can accept, what else can i do, but being run over by other teams and not giving it all is unacceptable.

Last edited:
I have been a insane sports fan all my life. As a kid - whatever season it was THAT was my favorite sport and I did excel at baseball - football - and basketball - but I live in the DEEP South and soccer was all but non-existent back then so I wasn't exposed. After taking some time to really watch this World Cup I have to say I am loving me some soccer. The US / Portugal game was awesome and if that last goal was an actual INTENDED pass to the player that scored that's freaking insane. I can't believe the accuracy. I have always said that hitting a baseball is by far the hardest thing in all sports - but that kick was friggin impressive.
Now - if I could ever learn to appreciate hockey. LOL

Last edited:
The fifa have to impose on the uruguayan player to start wearing a muzzle before playing soccer. It is becoming a habit for him to bite his opponents.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws