over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

World Record Powerlifter Now Janae Kroc Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were these world record set as a man or woman ??

Wow thats quite the transformation. I remember that dude powerlifting. Must have been a hard thing to decide.

I remember when he was Matt Kroc and there were a few pics floating around of him dressed up like a women, makeup and all, and he was laughing in those pics. It looked like a gag but in retrospect it obviously wasn't. He is/was a great lifter and not a bad bodybuilder either.I also remember he would post these sort of cryptic messages saying how he felt tortured and seemed he was going through a pretty bad depression. Maybe not the most mentally stable person but seems like this transition had been on his mind for some time. Hope he/she finds happiness.

Side note, I've heard he holds the record for a weight cut in a 24 hour window in a PLing meet; something like 40 lbs. How he could come back and compete in a powerlifting meet I've no idea.

Were these world record set as a man or woman ??
He's a former world record holder at 220 with best lifts of: 1,014-pound squat, 738 bench press, and 810 deadlift; and an official total of 2,551 (more than 11.5 times his body weight

I'd like to know what his treating physicians, and I assume he has them, think about him doing both androgens and estrogens at the same time. "You can be anything you want to be" he says. But what do the docs think, are they fine with it or does he do the androgens illicitly with a legal estrogen script? Or is he on legal TRT too?

I'd like to know what his treating physicians, and I assume he has them, think about him doing both androgens and estrogens at the same time. "You can be anything you want to be" he says. But what do the docs think, are they fine with it or does he do the androgens illicitly with a legal estrogen script? Or is he on legal TRT too?

Been off of Testosterone for many years now.

Been off of Testosterone for many years now.

Okay. I just checked and in 2019 the goal was an IFBB pro card.

Was 245lbs less than a year ago.

Looks still to be on some androgens in March of this year:

So it doesn't appear as though Janae's been off for "many years." Of course it might be the case that there's no testosterone but other anabolics.

This is really weird, he wanted to become a woman, but he still used a lot of PEDs for his looks and training.

Far from judging or condemning him, he is not taking advantage of his situation to hit women like other trans people have done.

FWIW I've read that he/she still isn't ready to shed all of the muscle so that would explain any special supplement use that would enable retaining muscle tissue. I read this a few years ago so not sure if it's still true. Also, still has the special male organ so there would be no reason for Janae to roll or compete with women in bjj. Seems like he/she has one foot in and one foot out.

I thought this shit was so sad (like his mother said she lost her son). But, then I saw that his own kids handled it REALLY well, they understood and supported her (the right term to use nowadays you know). Just think about the demons that dude must have had growing up, being a well-respected and admired athlete and non-ironic hero to many lifters and athletes, and making the decision to become a woman. It's difficult to fully comprehend it. Gender dysphoria is frighteningly real, and it's usually only relatively wealthy people that can transition. Surprisingly, the rates of depression/suicide/harmful behavior like alcohol/substance abuse do actually go way down after the person transitions.

I thought this shit was so sad (like his mother said she lost her son). But, then I saw that his own kids handled it REALLY well, they understood and supported her (the right term to use nowadays you know). Just think about the demons that dude must have had growing up, being a well-respected and admired athlete and non-ironic hero to many lifters and athletes, and making the decision to become a woman. It's difficult to fully comprehend it. Gender dysphoria is frighteningly real, and it's usually only relatively wealthy people that can transition. Surprisingly, the rates of depression/suicide/harmful behavior like alcohol/substance abuse do actually go way down after the person transitions.
I’d love to see those studies, all of the ones I’ve seen say the suicidal rates are still 20x higher after transitioning.

Actually they just had a former surgeon in who stopped doing the transition surgeries because of how high the suicides were after.. he said he felt that he wasn't helping at all.. oddly enough he said if he can get them to postpone transitioning for 8 years and do therapy they suicide rate drops dramatically..

I’d love to see those studies, all of the ones I’ve seen say the suicidal rates are still 20x higher after transitioning.

Yes the rate is very high for those that transition

Almazan AN, Keuroghlian AS. Association Between Gender-Affirming Surgeries and Mental Health Outcomes. JAMA Surg. 2021 Jul 1;156(7):611-618. doi: 10.1001/jamasurg.2021.0952. PMID: 33909023; PMCID: PMC8082431.

van de Grift TC, Elaut E, Cerwenka SC, Cohen-Kettenis PT, Kreukels BPC. Surgical Satisfaction, Quality of Life, and Their Association After Gender-Affirming Surgery: A Follow-up Study. J Sex Marital Ther. 2018 Feb 17;44(2):138-148. doi: 10.1080/0092623X.2017.1326190. Epub 2017 Jun 12. PMID: 28471328.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member