over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Worlds Strongest Man 2011

Wynn

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Wingate University to Host The MET-Rx World's Strongest Man 2011

Wingate, N.C. - As the first ever university to host The MET-Rx World’s Strongest Man competition, Wingate University will be in the national and international spotlight later this year when the premier event in strength athletics takes place on the University campus in September and is televised domestically on ESPN as a six-hour program in December and internationally on ESPN2 in 2012.

“We are very excited that millions of people around the world will see what Wingate University has to offer, including our beautiful campus,” said Wingate University President Dr. Jerry E. McGee. “As the third ranking NCAA Division II Academic All-America® school this millennium, we pride ourselves on our strong educational and athletic programs, and know our 600 student athletes and others will enjoy seeing this exciting competition between 32 champion athletes firsthand.”

“Having the competition on campus will enrich the educational experience for students interested in our sport sciences and communication programs,” said Dr. McGee. “It is a prime example of how Wingate University gives students the tools and support they need to excel in academics and apply that learning toward an extraordinary career and life.”

McGee added that Wingate students will not only be able to participate as spectators, but also will be able to meet the athletes and see firsthand how an internationally televised sports competition is produced.

Many of the events will be held on the Wingate campus, located 30 miles east of Charlotte on Highway U.S. 74 in the town of Wingate.
Wingate is working with the North Carolina Department of Tourism to determine the on-campus sites. Other locations around the state are still being added.

The public will be invited to the events, which will take place at several locations around the campus. A full schedule of events, times and locations will be announced as they are finalized. Contestants will be housed in the Monroe area.

About The MET-Rx World Strongest Man
Now in its 34th year, the series is owned and produced by IMG Media, the production and distribution arm of IMG, the global sports, entertainment and media company. Wingate University was selected through arrangements secured by PSE-3 in Raleigh, N.C., a communications, marketing and sales firm serving the sports and entertainment industries.

About Wingate University
Founded in 1896, Wingate University is a comprehensive university with more than 2,300 students on three campuses in Wingate, Matthews and Hendersonville, N.C. The university offers 34 undergraduate majors, 37 minors and career concentrations, numerous pre-professional programs, graduate degrees in business, accounting, education, physician assistant studies and sport administration, and doctorates in pharmacy and education. With a 14 to 1 student/teacher ratio, Wingate students gain the tools and support they need to excel in academics and apply that learning toward an extraordinary career and life. The campus community offers in-class learning, out-of-class experiences, strong mentors, a competitive yet caring environment and rewarding community service opportunities for a complete educational experience.

In addition to a robust intramural athletics program, Wingate student athletes compete in 19 NCAA Division II sports, and the University has won the South Atlantic Conference Echols Athletic Excellence Award for the past five years.

For more information, go to Wingate University.

that's badass, i was in southern california when they had it there 2-3 years ago but missed all the events out on the beach.

definitely going to have to make the drive from GA to see this one

Incredible. I will defintely be making the trip for that!

I'll be there for sure!!!!

+1...I will try to go as well.

I'm actually not too far from the Hendersonville campus...so Wingate would be a short drive.

I'm going to try to make this one too, since it is not far from my neck of the woods as well.

Borrowed from theironden:

Finalists so far:
Brian Shaw
Laurence Shahlaei
Vytautas Lalas
Zydrunas Savickas
Derek Poundstone
Mike Jenkins
Thor Bjornsson
Ervin Katona
Terry Hollands

And the last one will be whoever does the best on stones between:
Vidas Blekaitis
Jack McIntosh
Krzysztof Radzikowski
Stefan Solvi Petursson

**broken link removed**

is it finally Poundstone's year? He looked very strong and said he was close to 100%....

I think the final events favor him too... Should be fun to watch. Between him and shaw, the title will come back to usa

I fucking love strongman. Wish pudzianowski was still in it-he was my favorite by far. As it is i really would like to see poundstone get it-hes an awsome athlete and has a real good physique too

**broken link removed**

Group 5 – In the tightest of the qualifiers, Derek Poundstone made his fourth final in as many years, and he is joined by Stefan Solvi Petursson. The Icelander’s reputation as a stone lifter proved to well founded as he powered through all five, and made it to his second WSM final.

This leaves our ten finalists as

•Brian Shaw
•Thor Bjornsson
•Ervin Katona
•Laurence Shahlaei
•Terry Hollands
•Vytautas Lalas
•Zydrunas Savickas
•Mike Jenkins
•Derek Poundstone
•Stefan Solvi Petursson

The competitors now have two days to recover before the final begins on September 21, where they will undertake three of the six events. The remaining three disciplines will take place the following day. Wingate University will again be the host for both days of the final.

theworldsstrongestman.com/2011-wsm/2712/

I'm a little disappointed in Poundstone... But I'm glad Shaw won

I'm glad Shaw won, I've noticed that every year he kept getting better and better

Poundstone always gets very close

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner