over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

World's Strongest Man

i met magnus ver magnusson and manfred hoeberl at the arnold one year. they were like refridgerators with feet, shaking their hands was like shaking a catchers mit.

love to watch it it really is amazing the lifts that they do. whatever it is doesent take away from the half human half animal genetics they have. like putting a turbo on a lambo. just making something great into something amazing.

I knew a kid who was 20 at the time and trained for strong man competitions. He would do good mornings with 315. I always wondered what he took. After college I seen on facebook that he developed a cervical spine tumor and I wondered if it was from excessive drug use at such a young age.

6 foot 8, 420 lbs.
Is it me or are humans getting bigger?
i have been watching ESPN strongman comps for years and I recall when i saw Derek Poundstone at 6ft tall 300 lbs and I was amazed

I believe you're referring to Thor Bjornsson. He's not exactly one of the leanest guys in the competition, but he is a monster.

I just watched this part of the 2011 Finals with him. Impressive showing at the age of 22.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3DXoDFj6ho]World's Strongest Man 2011 Final - YouTube[/ame]

I knew a kid who was 20 at the time and trained for strong man competitions. He would do good mornings with 315. I always wondered what he took. After college I seen on facebook that he developed a cervical spine tumor and I wondered if it was from excessive drug use at such a young age.

315 For good mornings nothing great...

mariusz is awesome, destroys this guy

[ame=http://youtu.be/bs1ArIT_ZYU?t=8m10s]Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Bob Sapp KSW 19 (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

6 foot 8, 420 lbs.
Is it me or are humans getting bigger?
i have been watching ESPN strongman comps for years and I recall when i saw Derek Poundstone at 6ft tall 300 lbs and I was amazed

No you are mistaken. There have been huge ppl in Strongman. One of the top ones Nathan Jones from Australia was 6-11 and very well built. Looked like bber. Night and day between bjornnson. Also was Dutch guy seven feet but not well built.
Poundstone, Marius, ahola and Gary Taylor great Strongman that are around six feet...that's short for Strongman... almost too short at the very top, unless extremely powerful.

Marius should have done better in MMA. He needed more training.

I believe you're referring to Thor Bjornsson. He's not exactly one of the leanest guys in the competition

BAG1X3ECEAIQSxi.jpg:large

He doesn't look anything like that at contests for sure.

There was a post of a Canadian Strongman forgot his name...that was ripped at 300 plus. Actually looked like competitive bber

quite impressive that the dude has abs showing. never would have guessed from watching strongman competitions

Thnaks to Nickels - was going to put that picture up myself.

Hafthor is sitting at 175kg in that pic - 12kg down from WSM. So he was hardly fat there.

I actually work for WSM in the NorthEast USA and Giants Live, which is a qualifying tour so I have been fortunate enough to train with and meet most of these guys in the past 6 years.

As a former long-time bodybuilder I can honestly say that a few guys do exist that if they transitioned over to BBing could do amazing..One major issue is that the super heavy lifting causes the abdominal area to thicken (not fatten over time) so these guys don't usually have that super thin waste line that BBer has.

Mariusz topped the scales at 315-330 in 2010..He was a long time Boxer (previous to strongman) and didn't just magically appear on the MMA scene..he is very good and widely underestimated...He had to lose muscle and gain flexibility in order to become better in MMA. His abs are 2 inches deep and he has striations up close in person on most of his muscles. I consider him a living legend in Strongman.

Arild Haugen, is also a boxer, and a freak of nature, he like myself, started in BBing...this guy has calves and striations any BBer would want.

Derek Poundstone @ 5'11ish..is considering leaning out, I have seen him at 345lbs with full set of abs.

Tom McClure is also another WSM competitor who at around 6'3, 350-370lbs is cutting up to 320lbs with abs, in an attempt to compete in BBing. He also fights in MMA.

Someone commented if these guys are this big "naturally" and I believe he meant Genetics, not AAS..

Are they are just gigantic people naturally and I'd say overall yes. Brian Shaw from the US is 6'8 400+ lbs. Gerard Benderoth from the US is like 5'10 400lbs plus. "Most" of these guys naturally are larger then most other human beings bone structure and sizewise.

However there are a few guys out there, Darren Sadler from the UK and Jason Bergman from the US, who are regular bone structured guys with massive amounts of muscle layered on them..Pictures don't do any of these guys justice that is for sure.

you got any pictures of you standing with them?

Sure I can share a few of my personal photo's to give you guys a size correlation

Now I am 5'7" 220ish in most of these, not a monster by any means but usually kick at this weight around 6% bodyfat, so proportionately I am not usually considered "small" but next to these guys I am tiny...

Me next to Big Tom McClure who was my judge for this competition I was in, later became my training partner. Big Tom here has to be 360-370..he is a monster...Nicest guy you will ever meet.
wesleyandtommclure_zps2a0dc268.jpg

Me in the black judging WSM this was a rules meeting, to my left in the grey is Gerard Benderoth 5'10 400+lbs, to his left in gray from Sweden Johannes Arsjo, 6'3 320lbs, to the far left somewhat hidden in gray is Derek Poundstone 5'11 345lbs
wesleymohegan_zps9b177e0f.jpg

Steve Slater (makes all the equipment for WSM, Derek Poundstone and me) this picture doesn't do Derek justice this was when he was a bit lighter, maybe 325lbs?
wesleyderekgiantslive_zps582c8274.jpg

And in this video you can see me holding the yoke still for my longtime training partner Derek Poundstone when he loads the World record 555lb Atlas Stone, yes you read that correctly 5.5.5 pound stone over the bar...I can't budge this an inch off the ground...top give you an idea of his strength
[ame=https://youtu.be/NqBIo55FcDU]Derek Poundstone loads the 555lb Stone 46.25 inches - YouTube[/ame]

Me and my daughter madison with WSM competitor Kevin Nee, you may remember him from MTV's True Life I wanna be a Strongman, he won his lightweight pro card and then moved up to the Heavies...I am considered a LW, 231 pounds and below is LW competition.
wesleykevinnee_zps4392b335.jpg

cool pictures thanks for sharing...did you know Jesse?

cool pictures thanks for sharing...did you know Jesse?

No problem :)

Yes, Jesse Marunde was the reason I got into the sport actually, the sole reason I transitioned over from Bodybuilding...

He was an awesome father, person and athlete. Just so sad..this year will be 6 years since he passed away :(

Jesse and his daughter JJ..RIP Jesse
jessemarundeandjj_zpscb5f7860.jpg

Here's a funny Mariusz story for you guys...

2009 WSM super series, i brought my brother in law and got him front row seats..right next to the athletes, and Mariusz was sitting next to him and they bickered (friendly) the whole show...

When this came to the US, this was the first time Pudz and Poundstone faced off...Derek Poundstone actually beat him in this competition, but it was a qualifier only. Anyways, the crowd had to be 7,000 people, half were American and half were Polish..The 2 groups were not super friendly towards each other. More like Soccer or "football" overseas.

Anyways, my brother in law bets Mariusk $5 that Terry Hollands (UK)will beat him in the next event. Mariusk agrees to the bet, it's Yoke and he is pretty damn good at that event...Hollands surprisingly beats him by a mere second..

Mariusz didn't even want to return to the athlete section because he would have to face my brother in law mocking him..When he did, he didn't have cash, so he ended up borrowing it from his translator. And he was a good sport, he signed it and then took a picture afterwards with my brother in law...

Guess you had to be there, but it was pretty funny..Mariusz was good for his word, however, he was not a happy camper after this show, not because of the $5 dollars but because this was his first loss to Derek Poundstone :banghead:
pudzandpaul_zpsf3d1196d.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner