over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Worst genetics you've seen?

MKSuccess500

Registered
Not looking for stories of a successful bodybuilder "who had to work so much harder than everyone else" :rolleyes: I've heard enough pros say they have bad genetics lol

I'm wondering what are some of the worst genetics you've seen in someone who was consistent? We have a lot of trainers here so I'm sure we've seen it all.

I had a guy I lived with for 5 years. He was the one who got me into lifting actually. He sacrificed social situations, ate every 2-3 hours for a decade, worked with two successful coaches and followed their advice to a T, killed himself in the gym with proper routines and volume, stuffed his face and mostly just got fatter. Eventually by his low 20's he was 6ft and 170lb lol. Not even that lean. Got fed up with it and used gear for 3 years.....got up to 6ft 190, still not lean.

Like I said I lived with the guy and saw him do everything correctly and still barely looked like he lifted. It was sad to be honest. Everyone wants to act like it's mainly hard work and dedication and I would see people tell this guy he must be slacking because he only looked how he did after a decade of training.

Anyone train or lift with someone who you could tell really put everything into it and still looked wholly unimpressive even by normal standards? Or even on gear? Do you just give up at that point....hopefully they can just enjoy the lifting itself .

Not looking for stories of a successful bodybuilder "who had to work so much harder than everyone else" :rolleyes: I've heard enough pros say they have bad genetics lol

I'm wondering what are some of the worst genetics you've seen in someone who was consistent? We have a lot of trainers here so I'm sure we've seen it all.

I had a guy I lived with for 5 years. He was the one who got me into lifting actually. He sacrificed social situations, ate every 2-3 hours for a decade, worked with two successful coaches and followed their advice to a T, killed himself in the gym with proper routines and volume, stuffed his face and mostly just got fatter. Eventually by his low 20's he was 6ft and 170lb lol. Not even that lean. Got fed up with it and used gear for 3 years.....got up to 6ft 190, still not lean.

Like I said I lived with the guy and saw him do everything correctly and still barely looked like he lifted. It was sad to be honest. Everyone wants to act like it's mainly hard work and dedication and I would see people tell this guy he must be slacking because he only looked how he did after a decade of training.

Anyone train or lift with someone who you could tell really put everything into it and still looked wholly unimpressive even by normal standards? Or even on gear? Do you just give up at that point....hopefully they can just enjoy the lifting itself .

Hard to believe he couldnt get into great shape if he was doing everything to a T.

Ive seen almost anyone who actually tried...im talking actually clean diet up...recomp pretty dramatically.

There are some people (very few) who we can classify as non responders. Satellite cell density is below average prior to lifting and doesn't improve much after lifting as well. Some don't even reach the level of muscle mass that some people carry naturally before they even begin lifting.

The thing is, most people probably won't fall into this category. Most people just don't know how to tailor a diet and training plan, and stick to it consistently.

Cool to discuss this with you guys, but quite often a bad idea with average folks. They'll automatically think they fall into this category and can rationalize why they look like shit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I understand what the OP is getting at but 1+1=2 in reality. If someone doesn't progress likely there is more to the story other than genetics.

I understand what the OP is getting at but 1+1=2 in reality. If someone doesn't progress likely there is more to the story other than genetics.

Very true. Plus when he wrote he just got fatter but that could be from him sneaking in food and it's not like we spend 24/7 with our mates. It only takes approx 30 mins to mess up a days diet :D

Although I have come across some guys who were non responders to many drugs. Things like great tren wouldn't do anything to them.

There are a few people I have come across taking over 2 grams including high doses of tren and they barely looked like they trained. Whereas one mate who took the same tren at 300mg per week and trained standard with a pretty crap diet transformed in 3 weeks.

Maybe your roommates syringes were actually for heroin and not gear. Hey.....it could happen:D

Along these same lines of genetics, don't those maximum natural muscular bodyweight calculators (e.g., Casey Butt's, etc) really mean that IF you have the best genetics on earth THEN this is what's obtainable? Kinda like the FFM calculators . . . how many guys can really obtain a "25" naturally?

worst genetics I've seen??

Mine :banghead::banghead:

huge thick joints , wide hip girdle , poor shoulder to waist ratio and endomorph body type

Guys I never said he didn't progress lol. He went from 130lb to 170lb naturally and then to 190 on gear. That's a 40lb increase in body weight at a similar body fat and with gear a 60lb increase.

But he started very skinny. At 6ft that's still not big by our standards at all. Average people would still say he looked good, I'm not saying he didn't respond to training. I'm saying most people here and online would say he "must be doing something wrong" because he wasn't as big as one would expect after 10 years of lifting.

Then again according to e-standards everyone should be 200lb shredded within a few years of lifting :rolleyes:

Along these same lines of genetics, don't those maximum natural muscular bodyweight calculators (e.g., Casey Butt's, etc) really mean that IF you have the best genetics on earth THEN this is what's obtainable? Kinda like the FFM calculators . . . how many guys can really obtain a "25" naturally?

Yes, that 25 is assuming a gifted lifter. The examples they used were former top bodybuilders.

I definitely have below average muscle building genetics, which I was initially surprised about considering how I did in sports. People can tell I lift obviously but nothing compared to a lot of serious lifters.

Exactly why I put genetics before everything else. Some people put in little effort and look great off a mediocre diet and little drugs and than you have someone like your friend that struggles. I believe his story, bc I see it everyday in my local gym with guys that are on.

Exactly why I put genetics before everything else. Some people put in little effort and look great off a mediocre diet and little drugs and than you have someone like your friend that struggles. I believe his story, bc I see it everyday in my local gym with guys that are on.

Yea kind of surprised by some of the answers here. I feel like some guys on bodybuilding forums forget that a lot of people who don't have the genetics for bodybuilding stop lifting because it's demotivating....whereas the majority of guys on forums have stuck with it because of the positive feedback from their body.

Almost everyone can make decent progress from where they started, but for some that end result will still be wholly unimpressive without gear. Like you said there are many examples of this.

I mean shit look at how many athletes have been lifting their entire lives naturally and look like garbage by our standards. There are many examples of this.

Yea kind of surprised by some of the answers here. I feel like some guys on bodybuilding forums forget that a lot of people who don't have the genetics for bodybuilding stop lifting because it's demotivating....whereas the majority of guys on forums have stuck with it because of the positive feedback from their body.

Almost everyone can make decent progress from where they started, but for some that end result will still be wholly unimpressive without gear. Like you said there are many examples of this.

I mean shit look at how many athletes have been lifting their entire lives naturally and look like garbage by our standards. There are many examples of this.

ANYONE can get ripped if they diet correctly. In fact its 100% guaranteed. Hopefully you know this?????

If talking about the pro's, my vote would be for Craig Titus.

ANYONE can get ripped if they diet correctly. In fact its 100% guaranteed. Hopefully you know this?????

If by "ripped" you mean very low body fat, sure. What does that have to do with this thread? Being lean doesn't mean you have good genetics or can gain a lot of muscle. Nor can everyone maintain their muscle well when they diet to very low body fat levels.

If by "ripped" you mean very low body fat, sure. What does that have to do with this thread? Being lean doesn't mean you have good genetics or can gain a lot of muscle. Nor can everyone maintain their muscle well when they diet to very low body fat levels.

Yes they can - but never mind you seem to know it all.

Yes they can - but never mind you seem to know it all.

LOL so you're trying to tell me every man on earth has the genetic capability to be both very lean and very muscular by bodybuilding standards, naturally?

Please tell me then why we have numerous guys on this board who don't fall under that category after years of strict diet and training AND gear?

Please tell me why half of NATURAL BODYBUILDERS look like nothing in clothes when they're lean

Maybe you just have low standards of what big and lean are, I don't know. Or maybe you'll tell me any human can have high level sprint performance or achieve a 36" vertical too if they just try harder.

Last edited:
Brad Loomis picture attached. He's lifted for 25 years, is a natural pro, and is trained by several top level natural pro bodybuilders.

He competes at 160 and by most accounts looks like shit. But yes it must be because he doesn't have his diet and training down. Genetics has nothing to do with it...

Attachments

• dsc_18531219076113.jpg
    dsc_18531219076113.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,258
Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members