over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would do you do or what would you do?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just started a new job where on my current schedule I can usually get in one meal, then, have to train because I am scheduled to work.

Those you of who train after one meal, Do you feel it hinders strength and muscle gains? Have you trained after two meals and made better muscle gains?

The past ten years, Ive been able to train after two meals and I heard Dorian Yates, who i greatly admire and look up to, that two meals is optimal before training.

Obviously I could change my schedule where I get up earlier. Its a bit difficult since I'm on my current circadian rhythm.

This is from a guy that is very, very serious about bodybuilding, classic physique, doing things the best possible way in which is possible, whatever you wanna call it and just getting some discussion going

Heres myself from Junior Nats in Chicago, this summer, I'm on far right in Class D , 6ft and over

Attachments

• jr nats abs n thigh.jpg
    jr nats abs n thigh.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 162
I wouldn't worry about it. I'd eat the one meal and then train. I used to train at 5am every morning without eating anything and I was prob stronger than I am now.

I trained after only one meal in the morning for years and years with no problem. Id actually prefer to go back to it but my current schedule doesn't allow it

Hell I miss morning training.

Breakfast: 3iu hgh+big black coffee
Intra: 20g EAA

Then food

Always had my best workouts

Hell I miss morning training.

Breakfast: 3iu hgh+big black coffee
Intra: 20g EAA

Then food

Always had my best workouts

Basically what I used to do. I would do a carb back load kinda diet the night before then go train in the AM.

I wouldn't worry about it. I am the same and like at least 2 meals in me before training but it's mainly a mental thing you can get out of easily. Just make sure you have the right meal before training. I would recommend a protein and carb source you digest well and add a spoon of nut butter to that. For me that could be oats with chocolate whey isolate and 1 spoon of peanut/cashew/almond butter mixed in.

You guys that went in carbless in the am, and carbless intra....did you not feel constantly flatter and depleted while training? I'm assuming this routine would certainly help keep you lean though, correct? Just curious, cause I've never really been a "morning person" and as a result always trained at the end of my workday, after having multiple meals. But I love training and am always looking for new variables to try with my routine. Anything other than LISS cardio fasted am for me has always been tough to find the same level of intensity.

You're putting wayyyy too much thought into this, this type of thinking is not healthy and not that type of mindset you want.

You guys that went in carbless in the am, and carbless intra....did you not feel constantly flatter and depleted while training? I'm assuming this routine would certainly help keep you lean though, correct? Just curious, cause I've never really been a "morning person" and as a result always trained at the end of my workday, after having multiple meals. But I love training and am always looking for new variables to try with my routine. Anything other than LISS cardio fasted am for me has always been tough to find the same level of intensity.

The prior 24 hours will dictate muscle glycogen levels. Not just the prior meal.

Last edited:

I tried training first thing upon awaking without food, just bcaa's pre workout, and my strength decreased; although I was contest prep at the time, this was back in 2012, I lost strength and muscle.

After that I stopped training first thing, did cardio first thing, then weights 2-3 meals later and strength went up

I'm not a fan based on my experience

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws