over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would this win todays Olympia?

ALLEX

Banned
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFBan38Xvck"]Nasser El Sonbaty in the shape of his life - compulsory poses (Bodybuilding) - YouTube[/ame]

For reference:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5jC2nbElZw"]Mr Oympia Phil Heath 2014 Olympia Posing Routine - YouTube[/ame]

[lang=vi]Maybe it's the lighting but wow Nasser destroys Phil from what I see[/lang]

Nasser looked nice under the light with his detail and conditioning. Nice striations and separation. I like PHIL really well though,,,I do think he could have been a little more crisp but overall thought he was great.

What show was the video of Nasser from? And what year?

He looked really good at the Olympia the year he got disqualified for testing positive for a diuretic. Dorian ended up winning but it would have been close, maybe 96? Im not sure...

What show was the video of Nasser from? And what year?

He looked really good at the Olympia the year he got disqualified for testing positive for a diuretic. Dorian ended up winning but it would have been close, maybe 96? Im not sure...

DQ for diuretics, ha That's the biggest bunch of BS in the world lol! Poor Nassar a victim of ifbb politics.A lot of bbers have died over the years, but I truly feel saddened when I remember his passing, one of my favorites. He should have atleast one mr O title.

Nassar looked crazy in that vid. That's what a BBer should look like.

Grow man: it's 1996 German gran prix

Last edited:
Gotta go with Nasser on that one. Of course without seeing them side by side u truly can't compare

Not even close. Phil would destroy him from the back and conditioning isn't close

DQ for diuretics, ha That's the biggest bunch of BS in the world lol! Poor Nassar a victim of ifbb politics.A lot of bbers have died over the years, but I truly feel saddened when I remember his passing, one of my favorites. He should have atleast one mr O title.

Nassar looked crazy in that vid. That's what a BBer should look like.

Grow man: it's 1996 German gran prix

Yeah I agree it was politics. But I could have sworn they screwed him at an Olympia also. It looked like he had it won and then out of nowhere they DQ'ed him.

Not even close. Phil would destroy him from the back and conditioning isn't close

Much to my surprise you are correct. It is easy to compare both during the front double bi. Phil is superior in every way.

Sick conditioning Nasser had there.. That back isn't the best but flutes and hams were just popping .. Great physique.. Rest in peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These newer guys and newer supps etc aren't bringing anything new to the table, they didn't have all this new stuff that has came out and I think that Nasser, Flex, Cormier, Fux, Prince etc had the biggest and best looking physiques of all time!

If he had a back like Yates, he would kill Heath...period. Nasser, when at his best, was one of, if not the MOST impressive BB'r from the front that has ever walked onstage. The only thing missing was desperation and detail in his back, as well as less than perfect conditioning from behind. No one had the mass of Nasser with equal aesthetics. No one.

When Ronnie weighed as much as Nasser, he had a massive gut, asymmetrical abs, and a less than pleasing shape in several poses, while Nasser's waist, at least while posing, was tight and symmetrical. Just look at Nasser in the FDB in this video. Absolutely mind-blowing. How many BB'rs who carry that amount of size in the FDB can be said to posses the freak-factor and beauty (for lack of a better word) at once?

I am not saying Nasser was better than Ronnie, but I certainly think he was in some ways, and in my opinion, if Nasser had a back like Yates or Coleman, he would have been better than Ronnie, especially with slightly better conditioning.

I can't think of a single 280 + lbs BB'r who had the aesthetics of Nasser. I am sure some will name Ramy, but I don't think so. While he certainly has a small waist and many of the characteristics normally associated with an aesthetic physique, Nasser was superior in this regard.

Last edited:
I'm more impressed with that video of Nasser than I am that video of Phil.

I can't say who would win.

That FDB of Nasser is totally amazing. Wow.

first post

Is it just me, or does Phil remind anyone else of a bigger Shawn Ray?

I was at the 1996 Olympia and when Nassar and Yates came out I really thought Nassar may have a shot at winning...when they turned around however it was night and day...no comparison to Yates back...just incredible!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420