over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would You, Could You.. stop?

11sh11

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
We enjoy a look, a feel, this way of living. The separation between average and getting looks, the step outside of just average. Some push it to freak status... but do you ever consider coming off, and why?
I see it too often, how it changes people negatively. Has it ruined your relationship?
What do you think is the successful way to maintain use and physique, yet not alter or destroy what connects people intimately?
Ego vs spirit

Depends on what you want to achieve. I have done the odd cycle every few years and can go years without using. A lot of it is psychological cause AAS is for sure addicting in a good way

This really depends on your goals. The big question you ask is why? I'd first ask why do you use the quantities, compounds, etc you currently use? Do you think there is a way to first reduce these and then perhaps go even lower? Most of the concern about this lifestyle revolves around physical health. If you are experiencing emotional or relationship issues, this stems beyond the drugs to something deeper.

To answer personally, if we can include 120mg TRT as "stop" then my answer is yes. If I'd need to come completely off forever and live with a 300 test level then no. But I am no where near big. My look is little more athlete / physique.

No single aspect should become entirely who you are or your identity. It should be a culmination of things that define you as a person. Allowing some thing to take over your life is a failure of what our purpose is here.

I look at it the same as learning a new skill or training. A method of continued progress and improvement of self. Its a part of my vision of who I want to be, but its only a fraction of that person. You should always be, and are, in control.

I have thought about this quite a bit. I think it depends on your goals. If you want to be a mass monster forever, then it will be difficult to accept.

If you are ok on actual trt doses and looking better than 900% people as you start aging, then the transition will be easier.

Watch Dorian Yates "Into the Shadow" - Dorian talks a lot about this transition and giving up the ego.

This really depends on your goals. The big question you ask is why? I'd first ask why do you use the quantities, compounds, etc you currently use? Do you think there is a way to first reduce these and then perhaps go even lower? Most of the concern about this lifestyle revolves around physical health. If you are experiencing emotional or relationship issues, this stems beyond the drugs to something deeper.

To answer personally, if we can include 120mg TRT as "stop" then my answer is yes. If I'd need to come completely off forever and live with a 300 test level then no. But I am no where near big. My look is little more athlete / physique.

I really appreciate and like your answer... all the replies, actually. I wasn't personally referring to myself, but someone I know. And I've known many who enhance. And then there's that one who takes it too far and misuses and abuses. I think it does depend on your state to begin with. Some people trade one addiction for another, so it's no longer about necessarily the goal, but the dependence and use.

Some people take the responsibility too lightly, and pretend that emotional and mental side effects don't exist. I do realize that everyone is different in their use and tolerance.... was mostly interested to hear if there'd been a negative effect and impact on others

I like this topic quite a bit actually...It's something I never really thought much about when I was younger, or at best would have probably chuckled a bit to myself...Last month I turned 38 and, bodybuilding/fitness, and training are still my passion I find myself realizing more and more gravitating towards a "balanced" approach to general lifestyle choices is really what will further my personal growth as a human being moreso than sacrificing alot of other areas of one's life for increasing levels of demand to maximize one particular aspect of ones's "self". This sport more than probably any other endevour I've come across in life lends itself to a very "obssesive" mindstate in order to reach higher and higher levels. At 38, my mindstate is more about maximizing my bodybuilding/fitness while also not sacrificing other things wheather that be health, social relationships, romantic relationships, career, etc etc etc...As someone who enjoys the lifestyle and trains for myself rather than a trophy or the positive reinforcement of others around me, I find this isn't really that difficult to do. I love to train, I love to challenge myself and set goals for myself that are difficult to achieve, and chase after them. All of these kinds of goals in life are still obtainable while finding that "balance"....does this make sense?

i was "off" or "not into it" for 3 years

I still weight trained because physical strength is a valuable tool in the line of work i was in but i was far from bodybuilding or trying to maintain a look

Now that I'm home id like to compete again , just because i wanna do it and im over 40 now. I've only every lifted because strength was a job asset and it's the best "therapy" for me and i only ever competed to see what i can achieve.

If i do another show I'll dedicate that to my daughter because i promised her (before she passwd) that I'd win her a trophy and keep doing what makes me happy.

My thoughts are why be like everyone else? Fuck average. I live for this shit and I'll die doing the same! Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think is the successful way to maintain use and physique, yet not alter or destroy what connects people intimately?

it's simple really.... just don't be a piece of shit.

this basically applies to all facets of life

treat people the way you want to be treated.. etc.

I'm done doing blasts.....cruise only for me from here on out. Did my last blast cycle (1500mg test/week plus pre-workout dbol) and I'm sticking to 200mg/week of test from now on. The reason??? I'm getting old. 47.....Not over the hill just yet, but I think about being and staying healthy a lot more these days. Felt not so great on that last blast anyways....had some sides that I had never gotten before. Now that I'm back on trt I feel great. Bloodwork looks good and I'd like to keep it that way. Some guys say....hey...nobody lives forever.... I'd like to stay healthy and happy while I'm still alive and kicking though . I still have a lot of good years ahead of me, and Im not going to risk those good years just to carry around an extra 20 lbs of muscle mass.I actually haven't touched a weight or machine in about 3 months now. Been doing MMA type training and really enjoying it. I can do 50 non-stop pushups now which I couldn't do 25 years ago. To all you young guys.....unless you are a competitive bodybuilder,powerlifter,or strongman contestant....give much thought as to why you want to run big cycles. You can't stay strong if you aren't staying healthy.

it's simple really.... just don't be a piece of shit.

this basically applies to all facets of life

treat people the way you want to be treated.. etc.

It seems like a simple concept... but for someone taking too much/wrong protocol/...tren... being a shit head becomes the new norm. Some change dramatically, and relationships are destroyed, as can be health

It seems like a simple concept... but for someone taking too much/wrong protocol/...tren... being a shit head becomes the new norm. Some change dramatically, and relationships are destroyed, as can be health

let's not remove personal accountability from the person.

anyone who tries to use steroids (or anything else for that matter) as an excuse for poor behavior is truly childish.

the kindest, most considerate, most professional people I have ever known were juiced to the gills.

the biggest assholes I have ever had the misfortune of meeting were lifetime natties who had never seen the inside of a gym.

After getting hit with cortisol issues and watching my body wither away, yup definitely thought about coming off

But i would be in an even worse position.. end of the day i would say any man over 30 would increase their quality of life with exogenous hormones

If some one is only able to build or maintain a relationship or status because they used AS. They may want to ask themselves about who and what they really are. And why they choose they people they do to be with.

Ultimately its your life and everyone on here will decide what they want it to be like or how they want to look like. If your someone who doesnt do blood work or cant control your emotions then you shouldnt be involved with gear. Its all about knowing your self and accepting your limitions. Which is extremely hard for anyone to do that's a athlete. We are all extremely stubborn. We all knew who we were before entering this. It was your responsibility as a adult if you think you can handle it. Also i would never tell a girlfriend I'm taking anything I think that's a rookie move. I know the life I signed up for and I accept it with out a regret

Last edited:
If some one is only able to build or maintain a relationship or status because they used AS. They may want to ask themselves about who and what they really are. And why they choose they people they do to be with.

I completely agree. Anybody that looks for a way to "reinvent" him/herself psychologically and physically through steroids, belong to a mental ward. In my opinion the use of steroids is a controlled damage in order to achieve an unnatural look. Its a give and take deal. And the motivation for that look is the love for the sport, the look for perfection. Proportion, symmetry. The attention that comes with it should be secondary.

Ultimately its your life and everyone on here will decide what they want it to be like or how they want to look like. If your someone who doesnt do blood work or cant control your emotions then you shouldnt be involved with gear. Its all about knowing your self and accepting your limitions. Which is extremely hard for anyone to do that's a athlete. We are all extremely stubborn. We all knew who we were before entering this. It was your responsibility as a adult if you think you can handle it. Also i would never tell a girlfriend I'm taking anything I think that's a rookie move. I know the life I signed up for and I accept it with out a regret

agree with you, before use gears you gotta know yourself and control yourself, many steroids will cause aggressive and angry, handle drugs instead of being handled

I can see you haven't had much experience dealing with these
things....

hows the wedding prep going....!!!????

:)

I can see you haven't had much experience dealing with these
things....

hows the wedding prep going....!!!????

:)

I've been around it a long time, and have been on various protocols a while as well. I've seen people react differently, physically and emotionally. Some are in charge and maintain. Some use to promote an image and become dependant on the attention. I've seen some who have no attitude change, while some become intolerable.

Sometimes I am an observer, check in with myself to make sure I'm on track and not too out of touch, and have thoughts that I'm curious to see if it's just me, or if others have had similar experiences

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws