advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would you eat 1 lb of grass fed beef a day if ?

strummer

Registered
Newbies
Would you eat 1 lb of grass fed beef a day if ? I follow a generally low carb approach which includes 2 bags of frozen veggies a day 1 is asparagus the other is Brussel sprouts in some Kerrys gold grass fed butter. also 1 serving chicken breast and a can of sardines. also will use omega eggs or free range eggs from local farm. I have never felt better and have leaned out. I will be 62 this month and I am on TRT with 6 month bloodwork. I have been on high blood pressure meds for 20 years. My cholesterol is 178. My concern is even though I don't have high cholesterol I know that does not preclude me from arterial plaque . I take 6 grams of Palumbo fish oil also daily. HDL LDL all fine also..I seem to do much better on the beef than chicken..any thoughts on the health of eating like this? I like the omega 3 profile and the cla content of the grass fed beef. As stated I never felt better but all I can do is monitor bloodwork and make change as necessary. any input greatly appreciated.

Yummy...dinner is served. You might find it hard to keep on a lot of muscle eating that low carb, but at the age of 62 who cares? Healthwise, I think it is the best thing for you.

sides
so far im holding muscle pretty good but I can always add in some carbs if needed , Ezekiel bread comes to mind. I am never hungry and for me I have more energy on lower carbs with the healthy fats providing energy. I seem to be able to also eat more calories this way.

Lots of people meat every day and they’re just fine including ones not nearly as healthy as you, I think you’re way over thinking it. Sounds like you’re pretty damn healthy and maybe you’ve become a little obsessed with it...

Would you eat 1 lb of grass fed beef a day if ? I follow a generally low carb approach which includes 2 bags of frozen veggies a day 1 is asparagus the other is Brussel sprouts in some Kerrys gold grass fed butter. also 1 serving chicken breast and a can of sardines. also will use omega eggs or free range eggs from local farm. I have never felt better and have leaned out. I will be 62 this month and I am on TRT with 6 month bloodwork. I have been on high blood pressure meds for 20 years. My cholesterol is 178. My concern is even though I don't have high cholesterol I know that does not preclude me from arterial plaque . I take 6 grams of Palumbo fish oil also daily. HDL LDL all fine also..I seem to do much better on the beef than chicken..any thoughts on the health of eating like this? I like the omega 3 profile and the cla content of the grass fed beef. As stated I never felt better but all I can do is monitor bloodwork and make change as necessary. any input greatly appreciated.

I would definitely recommend it. If you are worried about arterial plaque apart from simple healthy living I would recommend ensuring your fibre intake is sufficient and consistent. You could also look into superoxide dismutase, pomegranate extract, artichoke extract and policosanol. I don't mean just add them all in but something to research and decide if adding any is worth it. All of that list have various uses and one could be used with good effect in the prevention of any future issues.

Vitamin K, Tocotrienols too.

I eat at least one 10oz red meat meal a day that's generally grass fed beef (90% ground) or ground deer (made to 90% with grassfed beef fat) and my labs are great.

I guess what I’m trying to educate myself on is if this type of diet or any other type leaves clues in labs that you may have blockage or plaque. I know people that had stents installed yet they had healthy cholesterol and blood pressure Don’t forget when I was younger the media vilified saturated fats. I know it was bullshit. Are there any markers in labs specifically for plaque or blockage? It seems people find out when they are already screwed. To me cardio vascular health means absence of disease Cardiovascular fitness is a different measure

Vitamin K, Tocotrienols too.

Ya def take Vitamin K (Super K by Life Extension)

Also if you have instagram follow Dante Trudell he has some great health posts and what supps to take for what

I have all of Dante's newsletters from the mid 90's... I remember always thinking how he was so knowledgable and trusting his works..time has proven his ideas.. I hope he has achieved all the success he deserves. I always felt he was a quality guy who shared knowledge didn't hoard it...I do love life extension supplements

I get that 93/7 grass fed beef from Walmart and eat a pound a day. I brown and rinse it, (just due to calorie deficit needs), but I still get some healthy fat from what’s left over and it beats the shit out of chicken breasts

I have all of Dante's newsletters from the mid 90's... I remember always thinking how he was so knowledgable and trusting his works..time has proven his ideas.. I hope he has achieved all the success he deserves. I always felt he was a quality guy who shared knowledge didn't hoard it...I do love life extension supplements

I appreciate that Strummer thank you

I get that 93/7 grass fed beef from Walmart and eat a pound a day. I brown and rinse it, (just due to calorie deficit needs), but I still get some healthy fat from what’s left over and it beats the shit out of chicken breasts

On an unrelated note , what do you place the fat and protein content at after being cooked and rinsed??

I use the 90/10 which is 800 calories a pound I think about 88 grams protein in pound. I don’t rinse it though. Paying extra for that quality fat.

Give me all the meat.... except man meat....you know what I mean...

Chicken is my go-to until I get tired off it then I do the grass fed beef. Almost a variation of stan efferdings vertical diet.

On an unrelated note , what do you place the fat and protein content at after being cooked and rinsed??

I count it as 12g fat 48g protein for 160g cooked weight. I’ve weighed many times and 1lb raw usually cooks down to 320-330 grams.

8oz raw would be 16g fat and 48g protein from the labels

And that’s me totally pulling a number out of my ass, I figured for sure I’d wash off 4g fat. Honestly it’s probably lower. Lots of little fat globs get rinsed away

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131