over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would you or wouldn't you

The answer is probably no. From the health issues to the prospects of being on HRT for life now, I think I would have chosen a different path.

At the very least, I would have started a lot later in life and fulfilled as much naturally as possible before I began. And if I did start up, I would have kept it to safe and sane dosgaes. Live and learn.

The young guys dont ever listen just like I never did, but if I can reach just one who is just starting out in the game or thinking about it then I did my job. Be smart young ones...

baldnazi, what sort of doses did you run to begin with and at what age?

im quite young(early 20's) and as much as i know about AAS, it all means nothing when it comes down to our health; we cant govern how our bodies respond to damage!

i think wed all like to think there is a safe way of running anabolics, but i think the reality is there is no certainty for anyone; some may never face any problems, and some may.

i love to lift heavy weight and feel proud of myself when i look in the mirror and see results, though id be heart pressed to one day see it all in vain if i were to develop some sort of early chronic issues. i guess all i can do is pray!

The only thing I would have stayed away from is GHB. I did it back in the day for GH release during sleep but it had some pretty fucked up and permanent side effects. The aas and gh would still do in reasonable amounts as I have never seen a reason not to do them.

what side effects do you still suffer? i'm curious, as i did quite a bit myself. actually, it was GBL before it became illegal.

as far as the OP's question, i'm not sure what i would have done.

Yes, but I would do them differently.

A giant big zero, no, nada, nope.

Thank You for this post Tough Old Man. It really cuts through the anabolic fueled haze and gets to the point. I am 43 and just now considering my first cycle but I am seeing such great results naturally and I feel INCREDIBLE! Why would I want to mess that up? I DO want to compete in amateur contests someday but it's not like I am going to take the body building world by storm so I don't really need it.
Thanks again for this honest, candid, post.

This question really made me think and weigh out both sides of the equation...lots of pros, lots of cons, but in the end for me, I would still take them. I enjoy the higher quality of life and the way I feel about my body much more with AAS, and like several others have said-if it means living a few less years but being happier and healthier then so be it-that is an even trade in my book. I would however change the way I used them and some of the "ignorant" things I did when I first started juicing nearly 11 years ago, dosage, length of cycle ect ect...

my only regrets are not starting at 21 (I started 2 months before I turned 25)...and also I was dumb and used fake gear the first time I attempted to juice and it took a blood test for me to find out why I was only getting fat and no muscle

I still ask myself that question, I look back on my behaviour on large doses and the poor way I treated people, the arrogance, the aggression... Then I think about the first time I put up 315 on the incline bench or deadlifted 5 plates with ease...

I would never have done the yo yo cycling, coming off, crashing etc, going back on with a vengeance... I should have kept cruising. I would never done a heavy 11 month cycle again (Goodbye erection)

For some people, PCT simply does not work, and I advise all newbies that there is a strong chance that they will need HRT for life.

I'm on HRT for life which I have no problem with. I just wish more people would be honest with themselves and others about some of the sides of AAS they encounter. I know I wasn`t

I agree. I think it's terrible so many forums preach against cruising and flame anyone who even brings up the topic. If someone plans on cycling constantly for years and years, I see little point in constantly yo-yoing off and PCTing all the time. If one just wants to get their feet wet, then by all means do the traditional cycle. But if someone knows they will be in this game for a long long time, it shouldn't frowned upon if they want to cruise between cycles

Where do these ass fucks come from. Never seen so much spam on a BB site

Fucking bullshit spam!

Nope, i would have waited a while...i am a young mid 20 year old guy myself.
Started my FIRST CYLE AT 19...:banghead: with terrible PCT and I AM ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE i will be on TRT in the next 5-10 years. I made the mistake and i will pay for it but im ok with it now. I will just try to make the best of my situation now.

I know young ones like me mean almost NOTHING to this thread because we have about a fingernails worth of experience compared to Tough Old Man and others around here. I'm very interested to here from the older guys/vets on here.

Let me start of by saying i was totally against aas when i started working out 25 years ago,but in my 8th year of working out i developed neck and back problems from a car accident i had when i was 19 years old,by the time i was 28 the pain had gotten bad and it made me miserable, so i went to chiropractors and it helped a little, and went to different doctors and no one could give me any relief, so i was pretty desperate at this point,finally i went to this osteopath and he gave me a shot of deca and sustanon and you know what all my pain went away.The quality of life that aas has given me is wonderful, if i had never discovered aas i would be dead or insane, aas has given me a quality of life that i could not have gotten with anything else, not to mention that wonderful feeling i get from test.So aas is not as evil as people think,it could be a life saver for some and it was for me.I think aas is the greatest thing ever invented,they can heal people and make lives better.Right now im 45 years old and started HRT when i was 40 ,and have no regrets,but i am on only 200mg cyp a week and doing great,so YES,YES,YES,i would do it again.

Last edited:
Holy shit pm has worse spam than any other fucking forum.

To answer the op yes.

I feel the same way MG. Not worth it.

T.O.M. why do you feel this way? Did you abuse it and are dealing with the side effects now?

I wouldn't change anything. I was always into the science behind AAS. I love to know how things work. I've always been more conservative and cautious with my use. I think this question is directed at two different camps...Those that wanted to compete, be it bodybuilding, powerlifting, football, etc.(also, those who just wanted to be huge but not interested in competing), who used doses and durations that are above and beyond what the second group would use, those interested in a "smaller" leaner physique....It's almost abuse -vs- use....NOT to say that all those involved in competition were abusers...I just wanted to make that clear. Now, of course, comes the argument of what constitutes use and what constitutes abuse....I think most of us have an idea of what we consider to be a general guideline of what safe is BUT this is also where a lot of arguing begins because many of us have a different propensity for certain compounds!

Big A how is your health and what is your answer to the original poster? If you were to do things different, what is it that you would have changed?

aas saved my life and i'm not joking. i have no problem doing a cc of test once a week the rest of my life when that time comes. might sound stupid to some but thats how i feel. i dont want to be natural and never will be, never liked the feeling of being flat. like feeling big, full, strong, horny, faster, aggresive when need to be, sense of well being, confident and i can keep going. the older guys say if they could go back they wouldnt do it but if you could go back you would probably realize natural sucks and would do the same thing just not as heavy use.

Yep. Made my life much better. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but I would have got on it sooner. I could give a shit that I may end up needing TRT... Every male ends up either needing TRT or just living with a lower quality of life and accepting it as past of getting old. I believe like any drug its the dose that is dangerous, I intend to stick to use, not abuse, and as a result I'm not that worried about potential health issues down the road. I feel like the new me that cares about his body and health is WAY healthier than the old me who smoked, drunk, ate like shit, didn't work out, didn't care... Even if the new me uses AAS the other lifestyle changes that have come with it more than balance it out in my eyes. Even if it doesn't, I'd rather life like this for the next 30 years than be scrawny and normal but live another 40.

aas saved my life and i'm not joking. i have no problem doing a cc of test once a week the rest of my life when that time comes. might sound stupid to some but thats how i feel. i dont want to be natural and never will be, never liked the feeling of being flat. like feeling big, full, strong, horny, faster, aggresive when need to be, sense of well being, confident and i can keep going. the older guys say if they could go back they wouldnt do it but if you could go back you would probably realize natural sucks and would do the same thing just not as heavy use.

just curious how old are you GET IT IN YA? (not that it matters)
-JS

my opinion

after reading responses and the amazing amount of SPAM (who is to blame for that? amazing this site is so infested) anyway, i would NOT touch a steroid if i could do it all over again.
i would just like to live and die as a normal man as god intended me to be.
and.......
my other side says, HRT is the shit and thank god for it! (but i can only say that cuz i know what its like with it and with out it, my father who has never used AAS has no interest and no need cuz he is obliious to the benefits it has, and the negatives.... he is better off to not know. ignorance is bliss)

basically this thread asks me the question: "if you could do it all over again would you rather live longer and be thin or live shorter and be big?"
that is alsmost litterally what you are asking.
i would be lean.
get same amount of pussy and live longer and watch my kids grow. the way it is now, i wonder how many years did i shave off my life for these fucking stupid big biceps that my daughters dont give a damn about...
its called the darkside for a reason.
makes all of us compromise our belifes or integrity or health....
-JS

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner