over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

would you pay to text your BF %?

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
NOT by some gym staff BS by A DEXA.

My university charges $40 for a test.

How does FIT assess body composition?
Our primary method for assessing body composition is DEXA (dual energy x-ray absorptiometry). We consider DEXA to be the best body composition technique available because it is easy and comfortable for the client. You lie down on an open “table” for aproximately 8 minutes while your body is scanned, it’s extremely accurate, and it measures regional (arms, trunk, and legs) as well as total body %fat, fat mass, bone mass, and lean mass. This regional, three compartment analysis is superior not only for an initial assessment, but also for tracking change. For example, with a weight training program the total increase in muscle mass and the increase in muscle mass in the arms, trunk, and legs can be determined.

I assume you mean test, and yea, every once in a while just for the personal knowledge, but all I really care about is the mirror.

No. It would be pointless to me and a waste of money. I don't care what bf% I am just the way I look. The only time it would ber worthwhile imo is if your trying to beat a personal record but again still abit pointless. I say that cos you could have been 5% at 200 and now you get tested again at 6% at 230... numbers mean nothing.

Hell no! If you look good and that machine says you're 90% body fat than to hell with the numbers, because all it really is is a number.

if uve been dieting really hard for a comp and wanted to know jus how lean you are, then i could see maybe why

or the other reason i could see is so you have a accurate idea of what you look like at a certain bf%, since so many people always seem to have no real idea what bf% they really are

that way wen you bulk and diet atleast u know approx where ur at bf% wise becoz you know what you look like at a particular bf% thanks to the dexa scan

id personally get one done atleast once, especially for $40, the only dexa scan close by to where i live charges $120 for a scan

Friend in Atlanta said a company there has a truck that goes around the city to various gyms and locations that provides testing - tank method I think.

U simply look at the schedule on their website and see when and where they will be.

if uve been dieting really hard for a comp and wanted to know jus how lean you are, then i could see maybe why

or the other reason i could see is so you have a accurate idea of what you look like at a certain bf%, since so many people always seem to have no real idea what bf% they really are

that way wen you bulk and diet atleast u know approx where ur at bf% wise becoz you know what you look like at a particular bf% thanks to the dexa scan

id personally get one done atleast once, especially for $40, the only dexa scan close by to where i live charges $120 for a scan

Find a university and they do it for cheap. I remember my instructor told me they sometimes do it free for people and I would totally do it then but for $40 I could get a blood test.

I do want to run a cycle when I hit >10% though.

I don't see why they charge so much...seriously they are uber rich (compared to all the other universities in US they are one of the richest)especially for students. They use the information for other research.

Only if I was a football player...then everything would be freaking free lol

No, money I can spend on gh

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I would just because I've always been curious about the exact numbers. It cost $50 around here so I'll probably try it eventually

I volunteer for studies at a local university and sometimes as part of the deal they do it for free.

I would definitely pay for one just for shits and giggles BUT I'm not sure if the Dexa does this and I know the Bodpod does as a close friend of mine got his tested with the Bodpod 1 week before the show and it showed quite a bit of cool info , like his RMR ( resting metabolic rate) , and then all the lean mass , fat mass, etc. He was able to take the printout home , the main thing was being able to see his exact RMR which I thought was pretty cool .

I would definitely pay for one just for shits and giggles BUT I'm not sure if the Dexa does this and I know the Bodpod does as a close friend of mine got his tested with the Bodpod 1 week before the show and it showed quite a bit of cool info , like his RMR ( resting metabolic rate) , and then all the lean mass , fat mass, etc. He was able to take the printout home , the main thing was being able to see his exact RMR which I thought was pretty cool .

lol, all the bodpod is doing is estimating your RMR, there isn't anything scientific going on. The DEXA is +/- 2% and the bodpod is +/- 4%

I've done it twice (once before a cut and once after) and I love knowing the info, although I'm a bit of a data geek anyways.

Not only does it show you your total body fat, but also android (upper body/risk of coronary heart disease) vs. gynoid (lower body). It also breaks down the weight of each limb, total arms, total legs, trunk, etc so you can see if you have minor imbalances, or if you have major imbalances, just how much.

It also shows bone mass, which is a good baseline to have so once you grow older, you're better able to track ostiopenia.

Just as an aside, I'm 6" tall, weigh 195, and my body fat is %13.5. It blew me away when he told me my bones weigh 7.6 lbs.

Mine charges 50 for a bodpod test. Not sure I would pay that for it right now, but then again my money situation isn't that great being a student and all.

i would def do it.. it would be interesting and a good measure of prgress when dieting...

i certainly wouldnt take it too seriously it is just a number, but puting a number on progress can e very rewarding

dexa scan is #1. Id do it for sure. Only place that does it by me is a good 40 min drive and takes a few weeks to get in there.
$40 bucks is nothing to me I spend more on stupid shit I dont need. This is useful. I normally do hyrdrostatic testing. Its interesting if you do it say after a bulk and then when you diet down again. You can see how much muscle you lost or dint lose while dieting down.

Judges don't ask or test your BF%. I never had any girl at any beach come at me with a set of calipers. If I like the way I look, feel, and perform, my BF% is just fine, whatever the number may be.

Just to point something out. The DEXA is the MOST accurate thing out there...in the world.

I believe it does it via xray but it is THE most accurate thing out there. It does not matter if you have eaten or what not. The machine is very expensive and that is why only super rich people have it. Most universities that have it are the most richest ones in the world.

Please don't confuse this with body pod and all that. This is something that people in NFL would use

Here is a video
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EkK1oMK5A8"]DEXA - Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry - YouTube[/ame]

I would do thus so that when i bulk I would know when to stop. I'd like to not go over 12% bf ever again after I finish this current cut

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131