advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would you take advice from someone who didn’t look the part?

There used to be a guy working at my gym who would be eating a cheese steak and drinking a milkshake telling people how to sculp muscle. He had the belly of a third trimester and the arms of an 12 year old. Needless to say not many people took his advice let alone let him train them. However I learned a lot of what not to do. Like eat like shit and tell people what they are doing wrong.
I do generally respect and listen to what older guys have to say. Esp if they look like something I wanna look like at their age.

the fuck do looks have to do with anything?
knowledge isnt skin deep. how many dumbass bodybuilders do u know who half-ass their drugs, dont do bloods, spout bro science, but have lots of drug muscles?
a bunch. doesnt mean they know shit. they just look like they do.
then they end up dead early.
this isnt a sport, its a beauty pageant. thats all it is. anyone can research every study done on muscle and nutrition and give great advice. even some has-been "guru" will tell u the wrong things and ruin a prep or an off-season. hit and miss til u find what works best for you.
christ. yall superficial dicks judging by looks instead of wisdom.

Mountaindog john meadows has proven that training like an animal with scientific accuracy, perfect nutrition, drugs, training and rest protocols still don't mean shit if your genetics wont allow it. So John can get most guys with good bodybuilding genetics in amazing but unfortunately he cant do the same with his own body. But that shouldn't keep YOU from hiring him.

What planet do you live on? John Meadows is jacked and his conditioning is better than most people on a pro stage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blp_YPwFtRL/?hl=en&taken-by=mountaindog1

This is a difficult one because I definitely wouldn’t take advice from regular gym
Goers who looked like a bag of s**t.

Then you have pro coaches like Rambod and Aceto who are the top at what they do, and Both look like they’ve never lifted.

But of course I’d take there advice.

Other than elite coaches, no I wouldn’t take advice from someone who doesn’t look the part or has at some stage of his career looked the part.

I wonder how many copy and paste "research gurus" we have here on PM??

I wanted to post some pics but I want them to be so dramatically different that that contest in 16. weight -measurement - are all pushing me but I just want to be certain. Those pics were kind of embarrassing in retrospect...

BUT to the OP - Yes I think you need someone who has at least looked the part (or busted to trying to). The late Dan Duchaine was even comp a few times.

Its kind of like a pitching coach or batting coach - if they have never stood in the box - I cant see how they could possibly relate well enough to teach.

How much some one has been able to change their physique would mean more to me then what they look like now. On another note when I look at Bill Gates or pics of Steve Jobs mega wealth is not what pops to mind.

It's subjective to the individual.

I've known Bronston Austin for several years. To look at him today (upper left hand corner) you wouldn't of perceived him as one of the more impressive classic physiques of the '80's. He's actively personal training today.

His resume is pretty robust:

Bronston Austin

•USA vs the World - IFBB, MiddleWeight, 3rd

•Mr America - AAU, Light-HeavyWeight, 1st
•Mr California - AAU, Short, 1st
•Mr Western America - AAU, Overall Winner
•Mr Western America - AAU, Light-HeavyWeight, 1st
•World Amateur Championships - IFBB, Light-•HeavyWeight, 2nd

•Mr America - AAU, Light-HeavyWeight, 4th
•Grand Prix World Cup - IFBB, 3rd
•Professional World Cup - IFBB, 3rd

•Nationals - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 4th

Attachments

• 20181001_073435.jpg
    20181001_073435.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 113
I used to work out in the same gym as Chris Aceto. He may have never been in Olympia form, but he was strong as hell and looked better than 99.9% of the population. Chris Aceto practiced what he preached and back in the day “looked the part.”

Fuck no. But then again I wouldn’t hire a trainer or a coach in the first place. Iv got no problem thinking for myself. Most trainers don’t even look like they lift. This seems pretty standard. When I first started training I looked for the most jacked guy in the gym and started asking questions. Had a former pro take me under his wing and show me what bodybuilding was in the late 80,s. He was honest about training and the reality of drugs in the sport. That guy still trains and still looks good in his late 60,s.

Someone posted if your answer was no about it being superficial but that's not always the case. Yes if you just look at someone and automatically assume they don't know anything it is. Many guys have looked amazing and now look rubbish. Lot's of experts of important areas to bobybuilding (nutrition, chemistry etc) may have never even been to the a gym. However for someone to coach me I would want someone who had the same passion and who had been where I am. It's not just about looks but I personally want someone who practices or has practiced what they preach.

It's like you can have all the scientific understanding in the world but if I wanted advice on how to use insulin or dnp before I ever touched them I would look for some with the scientific knowledge but who had also used the drugs. I know after using certain things how you simply don't know until you try them. Yes I could get useful advice from someone who hjas never used them but for a deep understanding I need a guy who has tested everything on him/herself and who's understanding is not just from a book.

Of course I would take advice from someone who looks crap. Looks don't equate knowledge. Just like the amount of guys who look great who don't have a fucking clue. I would say 70%+ of the guys who look good don't have a real understanding of things. It's not hard to follow a diet and lift weights and take drugs. If guys have great genetics all they need to do are the basics and not even 100% right and they could look amazing. I see guys who look good all the time and their training is shit. I bet they don't have a first clue about aromatization, glycemic index or isometric contraction.

So for me it's much deeper routed than just looks and more about passion and understanding. Just like I couldn't be trained by a guy who had looked great but has lost all passion about bodybuilding and doesn't care anymore. I wouldn't get driving lessons from someone who has never driven a car regardless if they passed their theory test with full marks.

Little Slice is the only trainer anyone should be using, period.

No one should hire Little Slice. I can tell you his program and save you the $10.

Test at 1g and Tren at 1g with 100mg adrol and 50mg halo per day.

It's 6 chicken breasts per day spread out 4 hours a part so you will have to wake up in the night. Take 1 dnp with every chicken breast.

3 Krill oil per day to cover fats.

If you eat carbs you take 3 dnp with them.

Weekly naked pics from the front, back and bent over to access progression.

Fuck no. But then again I wouldn’t hire a trainer or a coach in the first place. Iv got no problem thinking for myself. Most trainers don’t even look like they lift. This seems pretty standard. When I first started training I looked for the most jacked guy in the gym and started asking questions. Had a former pro take me under his wing and show me what bodybuilding was in the late 80,s. He was honest about training and the reality of drugs in the sport. That guy still trains and still looks good in his late 60,s.

Very true. Many old school bodybuilders, especially ones not from the USA think hiring someone to do your diet for example for a bodybuilding show is crazy. Even more so to hire them to train you. At that point you should know how to train and diet.

Little Slice is the only trainer anyone should be using, period.

Word on the street is that there are special perks that come with having Little Slice train you. ;)

Not bodybuilding but Look at Mike Tyson's trainer Cus or Rocky's Mickey. Boxing's elite trainers all look like they never worked out.

Cut me Mick!

That’s a good point I mean there are definitely exceptions I think

Look at Chris Aceto and Chad Nichols right now. Both are extremely knowledgeable but neither look the part. They were both jacked at one time, but not any longer.

Was Chad Nicholls jacked in the past? I never knew that.

Milos is still pretty damn aesthetic - he recently posted this on his Instagram page:

2hrmio9.jpg
Milosis awesome. If he didn't f**&^ up his arms with synthol he could come back and blow Levrone away with his comeback.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws