YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would you take advice from someone who didn’t look the part?

Dvo36

Registered
Every person in the gym has their own reason for being there whether it be health, physique, performance, a doctors visit etc. Many people take advice from others whether it be a trainer, fellow gym member or friend. Many people are also knowledgeable in the field, however do not apply it to their own lifestyle. Would you take advice from someone who isn’t or has never been where you are or want to be?

In a game where genetics reign supreme, you do have people who know ten fold the amount a highly developed bodybuilder.

What is nice to see is someone who tried their hardest to get to the level that their genetics allowed (ie. Chris Aceto was a damn good bodybuilder, Scott Stevenson is a maniac in the gym, Jordan Peters might not have the best shape but out masses basically everyone in the industry...)...

If you want to build muscle, you don't ask Paul Dillet how to train and if you want to get into condition, you don't ask Juan Morel how to diet...but you don't want to ask pee wee Herman in the gym either unless you know his background...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You never know who use to be jacked. Look at guys like Kash Guidry, elite bodybuilder who went to shit after competing but is a top 10 prep coach. Milos too, while he does look good you'd never guess he was once the most aesthetic man in bodybuilding.

Of course. First hand experience can count for a lot but at the same time, you can't discredit someone's advice just because they don't apply it to their own lifestyle. If I feel someone has beneficial knowledge to share or has a reputation for being knowledgable in certain areas, I'll always have a listen. Once I've heard what they had to say, I'm able to make my own judgement.

M18

You never know who use to be jacked. Look at guys like Kash Guidry, elite bodybuilder who went to shit after competing but is a top 10 prep coach. Milos too, while he does look good you'd never guess he was once the most aesthetic man in bodybuilding.

Milos is still pretty damn aesthetic - he recently posted this on his Instagram page:

2hrmio9.jpg

I would if at one time they did or do currently obviously. However someone that has never accomplished anything themselves I would find it hard to take seriously no matter how much they may or may not know.

well . . .

I would take the advice of somebody, could be a coach or the individual
him/her self, who has a proven record of taking somebody to the next level,
be that gaining muscular mass or losing body fat. And I would only do that
after compete and exhaustive experimentation (that includes accurate
record keeping) on oneself. You are an experiment of one; you are unique,
just like everybody else. Know thy self-first. Then ask for help. But be
very careful who you ask.

Please be aware that bodybuilding, perhaps more than any other ‘sport’ is
dominated first and foremost by how you look which in turn is determined
by your genetics and by, now more than ever, performance enhancing drugs.

With that in mind . . . “Almost anybody can produce an enormous level of
physical improvement as a result of proper exercise, but final results will
not be the same in all cases. The fact that somebody else produced a certain
level of physical size and strength does not mean that you can duplicate
their results. Unusual levels of muscular size or strength are certainly a
result of exercise, but are also a result of genetic physical potential that
is actually quite rare.”
- Arthur Jones

Milos is still pretty damn aesthetic - he recently posted this on his Instagram page:

2hrmio9.jpg

I don't disagree, but see him in a gym with a shirt on and no one would believe who this guy was

attachment.php

I would take the advice of somebody, could be a coach or the individual
him/her self, who has a proven record of taking somebody to the next level,
be that gaining muscular mass or losing body fat.

That is the first thing I would look at, I agree 100%. It is like anything else. If I am going to have my kitchen remodeled, I would talk with others in my area about who they used and what the results were like. Word of mouth and research.

John Parillo was a great trainer and I was able to have him train me for awhile. It was a great experience. He is a small guy now and doesn't look like anything special.

Would you take advice from someone who isn’t or has never been where you are or want to be?

Predominantly, no. People age and no one can maintain a certain look or level of strength forever, but they would have had to have a history of success or overcoming for me to stop and listen. One of my biggest pet peeves is people that don't practice what they preach, in anything not just bodybuilding. There's a "personal trainer" at my gym that has a loudmouth know-it-all persona and I've seen him train. He is fat and weak. I don't care if he has a PhD in kinesiology, he shouldn't be giving advice to anyone. This guy is probably 25, so there's no "I used to be..."

Someone mentioned genetics and absolutely that has merit. We're not all going to look like Jay Cutler and have that muscular development. Some people don't have that goal in mind. However, I think a nutritionist better damn well look the part and be healthy and lean. There's some famous ones out there that look like they hit the buffet table every night.

However, I think a nutritionist better damn well look the part and be healthy and lean. There's some famous ones out there that look like they hit the buffet table every night.

I agree here! Every nutritionist I had to see in the hospital after my heart attack and surgeries was overweight, really just plain fat. Growing up in high school my family doctor was extremely fat, weighed at least 375 lbs or more. It was hard listening to him about living a healthy lifestyle.

I work with a guy that went to school for nutrition and personal training. He wasnt a bigger kid and said he never wanted to get huge but his advice was right out of a paid class, so I listened/listen to him and ask some advice on things.

Every person in the gym has their own reason for being there whether it be health, physique, performance, a doctors visit etc. Many people take advice from others whether it be a trainer, fellow gym member or friend. Many people are also knowledgeable in the field, however do not apply it to their own lifestyle. Would you take advice from someone who isn’t or has never been where you are or want to be?

No way!!! If they can’t do it to their body they won’t have a clue about mine. My respect needs to be earned.

Chad Nicholls, Chris Aceto and Hany Rambod (find me one pic of Hany onstage). All do fairly well contest prep even though they didn't even make pro. You want someone who posts on facebook and Instagram daily then feel free to hire bostin loyd. Charles Glass was never a top pro but has trained some of the best. Remember in order to be really good you need insane genetics. Paul Dillett, Bertil Fox, Flex Wheeler and Chris Cormier used to party and use cocaine, ecstasy, eat shit but still WIN shows because their genetics allowed them to. Mountaindog john meadows has proven that training like an animal with scientific accuracy, perfect nutrition, drugs, training and rest protocols still don't mean shit if your genetics wont allow it. So John can get most guys with good bodybuilding genetics in amazing but unfortunately he cant do the same with his own body. But that shouldn't keep YOU from hiring him.

Little Slice is the only trainer anyone should be using, period.

I believe in science and research. Whoever took the time to research the evidence is who has the most credibility to me. Personal experience plays a role too though.

Chad Nicholls, Chris Aceto and Hany Rambod (find me one pic of Hany onstage). All do fairly well contest prep even though they didn't even make pro. You want someone who posts on facebook and Instagram daily then feel free to hire bostin loyd. Charles Glass was never a top pro but has trained some of the best. Remember in order to be really good you need insane genetics. Paul Dillett, Bertil Fox, Flex Wheeler and Chris Cormier used to party and use cocaine, ecstasy, eat shit but still WIN shows because their genetics allowed them to. Mountaindog john meadows has proven that training like an animal with scientific accuracy, perfect nutrition, drugs, training and rest protocols still don't mean shit if your genetics wont allow it. So John can get most guys with good bodybuilding genetics in amazing but unfortunately he cant do the same with his own body. But that shouldn't keep YOU from hiring him.

I'm guessing after the word amazing you meant to say shape or condition. Since when can't John Meadows get himself in amazing shape/condition?

Not bodybuilding but Look at Mike Tyson's trainer Cus or Rocky's Mickey. Boxing's elite trainers all look like they never worked out.

Cut me Mick!

Probably a good measure is someone that has broguht a dozen or more people that have average genetics to the stage looking very good.

Only if they're popular or quite known. If it's some random coach in the gym I feel worried listening to their coaching.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws