Would you?

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So my man Phil Viz competed at USA's today, didn't do as well as he wanted but I honestly don't think he went into this show like a true competitor goes in. He even said he was having a good offseason and didn't really want to prep. Anyways he was in decent shape about 24hrs out but got on stage very smoothed over, he knew he wasn't where he needed to be so decided to experiment with what some people around him suggested which was swing for the fences and try to come in full as fuck, so he decided to use 18iu of GH in order to try and get a full hard look, his blood sugar ended up going to like 185 and he smoothed over really bad.

Would you guys have the balls to try something like that at a pro qualifier? Shit I know I wouldn't. If you follow him on IG he posted the whole story there.
As a coach I don't think I would try and pull that off even if it means learning what to do and not do in that situation and as a competitor after busting ass to to get In shape fast enough to do this show I sure as hell wouldn't have the balls to try it.

Thoughts?

So my man Phil Viz competed at USA's today, didn't do as well as he wanted but I honestly don't think he went into this show like a true competitor goes in. He even said he was having a good offseason and didn't really want to prep. Anyways he was in decent shape about 24hrs out but got on stage very smoothed over, he knew he wasn't where he needed to be so decided to experiment with what some people around him suggested which was swing for the fences and try to come in full as fuck, so he decided to use 18iu of GH in order to try and get a full hard look, his blood sugar ended up going to like 185 and he smoothed over really bad.

Would you guys have the balls to try something like that at a pro qualifier? Shit I know I wouldn't. If you follow him on IG he posted the whole story there.
As a coach I don't think I would try and pull that off even if it means learning what to do and not do in that situation and as a competitor after busting ass to to get In shape fast enough to do this show I sure as hell wouldn't have the balls to try it.

Thoughts?
I’d do it off the stage for experiment, but no way I’d have guts to try it before stepping on stage

I’d do it off the stage for experiment, but no way I’d have guts to try it before stepping on stage
Yeah that's ballsy to pop 18iu of gh right before pre-judging

Yeah that's ballsy to pop 18iu of gh right before pre-judging
Absolutely. And then all the tools who don’t read his IG just assume he came in fat and off. Takes a lot not to care about that

You don’t mention insulin use with the GH. Even a small dose of GH shoots my BG up - not to 185 lol, I’ve never recorded anything even that high on myself.

I imagine a 8iu shot of humalog and 5g sodium and water could have helped? But I dunno he’s the one with balls fo sho

b-boy did he mention where the number 18 came from? Just curious what the thought process was behind choosing that amount.

Some people around him suggested it, so he tried it.
Fuck, I guess some secret pro shit, I have no idea????

You don’t mention insulin use with the GH. Even a small dose of GH shoots my BG up - not to 185 lol, I’ve never recorded anything even that high on myself.

I imagine a 8iu shot of humalog and 5g sodium and water could have helped? But I dunno he’s the one with balls fo sho
He mentioned that he had he got the shakes backstage but didn't check his BG at that time and he had insulin with him and could have corrected it

Wish he still hung around the boards used to hit him up on IG when I had one. Always super knowledgeable and helpful as far as doing something like that last minute. I mean he’s experienced enough to know how he’d place not sure what he was thinking or what others were telling him but if he knew he wasn’t going to place and others said the same why not?

Wish he still hung around the boards used to hit him up on IG when I had one. Always super knowledgeable and helpful as far as doing something like that last minute. I mean he’s experienced enough to know how he’d place not sure what he was thinking or what others were telling him but if he knew he wasn’t going to place and others said the same why not?
Honestly I think he knew he wasn't going to do well so he just decided to try something to figure out how it works. That's the type of guy he is, always wanting to learn and try new stuff but only uses himself as the lab rat.

Honestly I think he knew he wasn't going to do well so he just decided to try something to figure out how it works. That's the type of guy he is, always wanting to learn and try new stuff but only uses himself as the lab rat.
Wish him the best hope he sticks with it, he’ll nail it one day

Before and after the gh protocol. Screenshot_20210730-214925_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210730-215112_Samsung Internet.jpg

to me it just looks like his body needs a break
and shooting 18iu pre stage is just bad advice, period
if youve been looking good consistently with what youve been doing then stick to what youve been doing
he seems to be one of those guys that can never nail it because he second guesses himself

You just described the problem with a lot of guys, substitution of drugs for putting in the work.

I don't know what he is thinking that one shot of 18 IUs would do anything for him at that point.

I definitely would not have tried it , not now after fucking up enough times doing stupid shit trying to get 1% better and end up looking 5% worse.

I think its actually very common for guys to try some crazy "magic trick" trying to get a little edge. Crazy carb loading with insulin , crap loading after you have been eating super clean for 12 weeks , any one of the million different diuretic protocol.

Was he coaching himself.???

b-boy did he mention where the number 18 came from? Just curious what the thought process was behind choosing that amount.
I think one of the pharmacy brand HGH is 18iu per vial , , I can't remember exactly

Reactions: Bio
I think one of the pharmacy brand HGH is 18iu per vial , , I can't remember exactly

That would be Serostim sir...

And on the subject, I don’t know him so this isn’t criticism towards him personally but I see A LOT of guys do this before competition...

I’d say a cool 90% of bodybuilders who post updates before a show look 10x better a week or a couple days out than they do on show day...

Can’t think of the last guy I saw who posted a pic on IG a few days out then look just as good or better on show day in comparison...

I like the guy, but he seems to be on a bad path, at least in terms of aspirations to get pro card. Or not even that, his appearance looks worse every year. So, why keep competing?

Of course, everyone reaches a point where they start to look worse, its called age or father time, but he has not reached that stage so it all comes down to his diet, training and gear...

It seems good to me to try last minute protocols, especially when you know that your pre was shit and you are not going to bring your best look, but I do not see the point of going on stage, you can do this at home.

Anyway I'm glad to know that someone like him, with a non-stellar physique, is still a good trainer and people trust him.

For whatever reason, there is always some last minute drama where he sabotages all previous work (Well, on the occasions when he had been on a serious diet) with stupid pointless tricks.

He could put himself in the hands of someone even for once, since preparing himself, after so many times, although surely if he is obtaining a lot of learning, he is not obtaining better results.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws