WOW im such a dumbass

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
a few years ago when i had the chance to spend a couple of days with jay cutler we were talking about leg workouts and we started talking about squatting and i told him my knees always hurt and are killing my leg progression. Well he told me well silly if it hurts your knees don't do it! point blank, he laughed and said with the poundage your squatting you can probably out squat me, but who's legs are bigger?..LMAO duh?

WELL tonight what in the hell do i do? i go in and do hamstrings and then get under the squat bar and start doing sets of 8 with a 3 second decent and go till we fail to get 8. when dieting for my show i did 5 plates and felt like fucking superman, well tonight i do 5 plates and its easy as hell but i could feel some slight discomfort in my knees, so what does the rocket scientist known as Brad Davis do? yea i put on 585 and hit 8 reps but my knees feel like they are going to shatter while doing it. I finish my leg workout tonight and now i can't even bend down with my own bodyweight my knees caps hurt so freakin bad. I should have known better! doing johns workouts i do not need to go gorilla heavy as the volume itself is a freakin killer. Now i don't know if i will even be able to make it to work tomorrow let alone hit legs hard for a few more weeks, and trust me i don't need any freakin setbacks in the leg department, i want phil hernon size legs..LOL well you live and you learn but from here on out im going to take jays advice and if it hurts im not freakin doing it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

a lesson in dumbass 101!!!!

a few years ago when i had the chance to spend a couple of days with jay cutler we were talking about leg workouts and we started talking about squatting and i told him my knees always hurt and are killing my leg progression. Well he told me well silly if it hurts your knees don't do it! point blank, he laughed and said with the poundage your squatting you can probably out squat me, but who's legs are bigger?..LMAO duh?

WELL tonight what in the hell do i do? i go in and do hamstrings and then get under the squat bar and start doing sets of 8 with a 3 second decent and go till we fail to get 8. when dieting for my show i did 5 plates and felt like fucking superman, well tonight i do 5 plates and its easy as hell but i could feel some slight discomfort in my knees, so what does the rocket scientist known as Brad Davis do? yea i put on 585 and hit 8 reps but my knees feel like they are going to shatter while doing it. I finish my leg workout tonight and now i can't even bend down with my own bodyweight my knees caps hurt so freakin bad. I should have known better! doing johns workouts i do not need to go gorilla heavy as the volume itself is a freakin killer. Now i don't know if i will even be able to make it to work tomorrow let alone hit legs hard for a few more weeks, and trust me i don't need any freakin setbacks in the leg department, i want phil hernon size legs..LOL well you live and you learn but from here on out im going to take jays advice and if it hurts im not freakin doing it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

a lesson in dumbass 101!!!!

That sucks Brad. I remember you writing that Jay said that to you a few months back.

take care of yourself Bboy.. you have plenty leg size.. If you stopped training it would still take a long ass time to lose any size.. but listen man... i really hope all feels better.. do like me and rest more..:eek:

lmaoo......sounds like one of MY bonehead moves

NICEEEE

:p

585 for 8? B-Boy, I guess I'll go back to the Beginner's section where I belong!:(

You're not a dumbass my brother..you just succombed to the lure of the squat rack...she is a sexy bitch...

JM

how high are you holding the bar on your back,bboy?

?

how high are you holding the bar on your back,bboy?

Why do you ask J? Is bar height supposed to affect knee's differently? I know "high bar" is preferred to stress the quads more, but is there more stress on the knee's?

I've been there. Not listening to your body is a mistake.

Why do you ask J? Is bar height supposed to affect knee's differently? I know "high bar" is preferred to stress the quads more, but is there more stress on the knee's?

oh for sure, if you squat "high" it def puts more strain on the knees; the lower you can hold the bar on your back, the more your hips take the brunt.

oh for sure, if you squat "high" it def puts more strain on the knees; the lower you can hold the bar on your back, the more your hips take the brunt.

Really? How do you hold the bar lower?... Im just trying to picture this...

Cuz my knees hurt too... so I just dont go as heavy... I used to squat more at 20 than I do now at 30... :(

do your shoulder complexes and broomstick stretches like DC talks about to get that shoulder flexibility up, and then when you get under the bar, try to get that bar lower on the traps, and it'll def help.

jarconis i keep the bar very low on my back and a wide stance, I squat like powerlifters squat!

man i don't know how in the hell im gonna make it to work in the morning, I can't even walk up and down my stairs :( my knee caps are in some serious pain.

Well

Thats because you are a WARRIOR!! Try this.....I SWEAR BY IT...........1/4 squats.........thats all for a week or so........youll see

Thats because you are a WARRIOR!! Try this.....I SWEAR BY IT...........1/4 squats.........thats all for a week or so........youll see
if i can get my knees back by next thursday will do phil.... I may pm you before then... :lightbulb:

if i can get my knees back by next thursday will do phil.... I may pm you before then... :lightbulb:

b-boy, i was talking to a marathon runner about knee pains. he had suggested these supports **broken link removed**

he said they would also work for squats, because the support absorbs the pressure. hope this helps:eek:

Our bodies are incredibly complex and unfortunately even when we may not want to it is best to listen to what they are telling us.

How are you holding up today???

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner