over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wrap or not?

AllLoadedUp

Registered
Hi everyone. First post in here. I will be 41 in April. Had a goal last summer to hit 605lbs on my squat for 2 reps wearing nothing but my belt. Hit 565x2 and then tore my hamstring off the bone doing a clean two days later. Imagine that. Took off a few months from legs. Decided against repairing the hamstring because my surgeon said I could most likely fully recover without fixing it. He was right. I did 555x2 a couple weeks ago. I am so close. But I am also concerned about another injury. I know if I go ahead and wrap I can hit it now. But to me that defeats the purpose.

I never really have any knee problems. I always pre-fatigue my legs with leg extensions first anyway. So I am always good and warmed up with plenty of blood flowing down there before I squat. I am about to start my cycle in a few weeks. I have been on TRT since September. I just take 250mg Test every 11 days. I will probably up the Test to 750mg and this time I am going to add some NPP with it. I have for the most part just ran Test over the last 10 years. Seems to work for me. So what do you guys think should I be wrapping all the time no matter what just for safety? Or since I am so close to my goal march on and then start wrapping after the 605lbs. I just worry more about injury after my ham tear and since I am getting so old.:D

Last edited:
Thats a significant injury I would not do heavy low reps!
Readjust ur sights and shoot for what you can do for 8 to 10 reps and yes use ur wraps on that last set.
I dont do low reps anymore Im 53 competed in pwrlftng in the early 80s been lftn since I was 13
Depending on how much heavy lifting u have done up to this point you may be at the age where u need to start being careful very careful!

Thats a significant injury I would not do heavy low reps!
Readjust ur sights and shoot for what you can do for 8 to 10 reps and yes use ur wraps on that last set.
I dont do low reps anymore Im 53 competed in pwrlftng in the early 80s been lftn since I was 13
Depending on how much heavy lifting u have done up to this point you may be at the age where u need to start being careful very careful!
Well my surgeon explained he had 3 different patients with the exact same injury and never had it repaired. One went on to play Division I football and the other 2 played hockey. He is good friends with the coach of the US Ski Team so he knows his shit well. He explained to me that basically I can't injure it any worse. Its torn off the bone so its done. I have been lifting heavy since I was 15. My body and muscle are use to it. I will be 41 this year. I think I have maybe a couple more years of heavy lifting and that's it. We shall see though.

Part of me keeps saying I should be wrapping with anything over 500. I would just love to hit that 600 with just a belt though. Just once. I am so close. Its almost like an obsession. :D Thanks for your views.

Last edited:
Take it from my experience, bro. I've had 4 knee repairs (3 on left/1 on right) since 1989 and may be getting both replaced soon. After my 3rd left knee repair, my doctor told me to NEVER do squats again. But I'm cocky and not only did I begin doing them 2 years after the repairs but I even broke my record by 300 pounds (almost doubled). One of his assistants explained to me that I have little cartiledge left on my knees.

My point though, I never squat without wraps, since my knees are worse than many. And when PL training or competing, I will not compete in the squat group.

I would go for it if I was you, like you said you aren't going to do any worse than has already been done. One thing you might consider is splitting your trt does into 2 shots a week to maintain better levels throughout. If you take a look at what most guys, myself included that are doing 250 a week is 2 125 shots every 3 or 4 days, you will feel much better as it keeps from having the peaks and valleys.

I would not pre fatigue legs with leg extensions before heavy compound work
I prefer this because it gets blood rushing into my legs and knees before the big weight comes. I only do sets of 20 reps. Everything feels so much better when I get to squats. Before I started this method a long time ago I would have aching in my knees and quads if I just started with squats right off the bat. I didn't like doing so many warm-up sets on squats.

I would go for it if I was you, like you said you aren't going to do any worse than has already been done. One thing you might consider is splitting your trt does into 2 shots a week to maintain better levels throughout. If you take a look at what most guys, myself included that are doing 250 a week is 2 125 shots every 3 or 4 days, you will feel much better as it keeps from having the peaks and valleys.
I'm on an actual cycle now. But when doing the TRT. I just do the 250 every 10 days. Do you just load 2 syringes and leave one around when the next shot comes? I use Omnas. So they are amps that are 250mg.

Just to update. I decided to start wrapping at 500 and over. Last week I did 635x2 with Inzer reds. I'm hoping for 700 before the year is out. :headbang:

Nice to hear you're recovered and back at it!
I use 2.5 Rhino wraps pretty comfortable good rebound. I also have 2.5 Outlaws that are not comfortable but work well but will probably use next meet seeing how I matched my meet pr in them off training cycle at the end of a heavy day.

Last edited:
Wait, based on the subject I thought this thread was going to be about condoms ...

Currently using rehband knee sleeves. They are decent, but not quite tight enough. They keep my knees warm and provide some support. I would go with a size smaller to more closely mimic wraps.

Wait, based on the subject I thought this thread was going to be about condoms ...

Currently using rehband knee sleeves. They are decent, but not quite tight enough. They keep my knees warm and provide some support. I would go with a size smaller to more closely mimic wraps.
Ha ha ha.

Nice to hear you're recovered and back at it!
I use 2.5 Rhino wraps pretty comfortable good rebound. I also have 2.5 Outlaws that are not comfortable but work well but will probably use next meet seeing how I matched my meet pr in them off training cycle at the end of a heavy day.
Are those better than the Inzer Reds? I went with those because that's what Ronnie was using in his video. I don't really know a lot about wraps. I figured if they were good enough for him squatting 800x2 then they should be plenty good enough for me with what I squat. Thanks.

Are those better than the Inzer Reds? I went with those because that's what Ronnie was using in his video. I don't really know a lot about wraps. I figured if they were good enough for him squatting 800x2 then they should be plenty good enough for me with what I squat. Thanks.

Personal preference really.
Different wraps have very different feel and levels of support. They wear out too so if you find a pair you like, have a spare set that you use on max effort type lifts.

I'm in with Lordt. I have a pair of Rhino 2.5 and they were a game changer. I was using the red ones from EFS that were all sorts of worn out. Check out Iron Rebel for those Rhinos. Great company. I always squat with tight sleeves until I get to the 600 range or 500 plus for reps over 3-5, then I'll throw my wraps on.

Based on what you said, I would wrap if I were you. Why not? If you can avoid an injury it would be 100% worth it. If it's an ego thing, leave it at the door :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws