over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wraps when knee injuy

wraps make everything worse lol it is a terrible idea to just put a bandaid fix on something. the majority of people who "don't feel pain" in wraps is because they're cutting off the circulation.

see a damn physio and get better.

Im gonna go against most of the advice (it seems like) and say to NOT just throw a bandaid on this injury.

Let your knees rest. Throwing wraps on it wont do a damn thing.
Unless youre a PL, which it sounds like your friend is, there's no use in training in and around injuries. You can afford to not train legs for a week or two.
I PL'd so I get that when training injuries happen, numb your shit up and train around it....but you arent competing so that shit is worthless. Even then, PLers fuck themselves up doing this.

Rest, get back to normal, THEN buy some tighter knee sleeves that keep your knees warm throughout your workout.

Secondly; wrapping your knees tight will force your lifting pattern to change to a more upright position. This can in turn change the contribution of the muscles helping you in the lift and in turn weaken them and thus leading to pain/injury together with the obvious strain on the knee itself (pushing the knee cap into the thighbone) in a none natural movement pattern.

I would advise only using wraps when doing a top set. Sleeves in the other hand can be used more regularly.

Here is a study done on knee wraps on back squats:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22995993

I agree with Crom on this one. Wraps that are too tight or too high up the thigh will compress the muscle. A compressed muscle is a weaker muscle... cannot perform full ROM, which then also increases injury
A sleeve, such as Rehband, is great for warmth, and support, without altering or inhibiting movement

The Rehband sleeve is exactly what I use. Some days I even put a little tiger balm on my knees first then the sleeves, nice and warm the rest of the workout!

I also take a good deal of time warming up, especially hamstrings before getting into heavy quad work, it seems to have helped my joints out tremendously.

I agree with Crom on this one. Wraps that are too tight or too high up the thigh will compress the muscle. A compressed muscle is a weaker muscle... cannot perform full ROM, which then also increases injury
A sleeve, such as Rehband, is great for warmth, and support, without altering or inhibiting movement

I have some quad tendinitis and it flares up every leg day. Top of the knee cap just feels inflamed and everything is tight. The only thing that helps me is taking a week or two off heavy leg training. I wear the strong knee sleeves throughout my leg days and it defiantly helps although the pain is still there.

And I have to disagree with guys saying the hack is pointless. If you have a good machine that you can change the angle on, I’ve found them to be one of the best quad builders. My gym has an Icarian hack and I love it. Look at Jordan Peters and a lot of the UK guys, they’re hammering heavy heavy hack squats. Everyone’s gonna have their own opinion. I love the contraction I get

And I have to disagree with guys saying the hack is pointless. If you have a good machine that you can change the angle on, I’ve found them to be one of the best quad builders. My gym has an Icarian hack and I love it. Look at Jordan Peters and a lot of the UK guys, they’re hammering heavy heavy hack squats. Everyone’s gonna have their own opinion. I love the contraction I get

Totally agree.

I'm 5'11" with long legs and my quads have grown so much more with the Free Motion plate loaded Hack squat with curved platform than they ever did with barbell squats.

I have to disagree with guys saying the hack is pointless. If you have a good machine that you can change the angle on, I’ve found them to be one of the best quad builders. Everyone’s gonna have their own opinion. I love the contraction I get

^^This :headbang: I think its about the platform and how we place our feet and how the knees travel up and down pointing towards the direction your feet is placed. I used to have trouble when I first started doing it. Once I found out the cause and adjusted the angle, feet position etc. I finally started building some outer sweep.

^^This :headbang: I think its about the platform and how we place our feet and how the knees travel up and down pointing towards the direction your feet is placed. I used to have trouble when I first started doing it. Once I found out the cause and adjusted the angle, feet position etc. I finally started building some outer sweep.

Yeah, you don't want your feet really low on the platform because that will place a lot more sheer stress on the knees. You want it to be more like the traditional way you place your feet on a leg press, in the middle of the platform or even toward the top of it. That will increase the amount of weight you can use and might make you feel like you are making it too easy and not stressing your quads as much but it is safer for the knees.

Yeah, you don't want your feet really low on the platform because that will place a lot more sheer stress on the knees. You want it to be more like the traditional way you place your feet on a leg press, in the middle of the platform or even toward the top of it. That will increase the amount of weight you can use and might make you feel like you are making it too easy and not stressing your quads as much but it is safer for the knees.

This^^^^

While going lower does put more stress on quads, when using heavy weights go mid or higher. If it feels good, you can go lighter weights on lower and do Hack sissy squats . If unsure, best not to mess with it

This^^^^

While going lower does put more stress on quads, when using heavy weights go mid or higher. If it feels good, you can go lighter weights on lower and do Hack sissy squats . If unsure, best not to mess with it

Yeah, I tried that a few times and it does feel good but you have to go much lighter than usual and take it easy. I felt like it was too risky and didn't do it for long. I believe just sticking to the basics and playing it safe.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131