advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WTF!! Pins and Needles all over my upper body. WTH is going on?

mace123

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
It seems like the last couple of days, usually when I get hot, my entire upper body will freak out and I get this warm flushed feeling followed by pins and needles, everywhere!

What is this, why is it happening, and how can I stop it?

Any input would be appreciated.

Sounds like a niacin reaction to me...

sounds like your body is sufficating like when your foot is asleep and gets those pins and needles feeling, sounds like lots of fun

Sounds like a niacin reaction to me...

I looked into this. The symptoms seem to be very similar but the only thing is I'm not taking any niacin.

sounds like your body is sufficating like when your foot is asleep and gets those pins and needles feeling, sounds like lots of fun

It is similar to that with the pins and needles, but it's everywhere from my lower chest up.

allergic reaction to some gear you are taking?

Is this a possibility? Seems like a weird ass reaction to be having.

I've also noticed that I am not really sweating much, when I usually poor sweat. Is this of any significance?

have you taken an antihistamine yet?

sounds like an allergic reaction to something you have consumed, wearing, touched recently etc..

yes it is. what are you taking?

SWIM is taking 2iu rips, 25mcg t3, 900mg sust, 600mg eq, and 200mg of tren e.

I honestly feel like there is something wrong with my sweat glands or something, because it happens when I get hot, and I am not sweating, but I am more than willing to listen to any and all possibilities.

have you taken an antihistamine yet?

sounds like an allergic reaction to something you have consumed, wearing, touched recently etc..

Have not taken an antihistamine. I take it that you think I should?

dang sounds like no fun.. I hate tingleing body parts like when foot fall asleep. Let us know.ofnu.figure it out

SWIM is taking 2iu rips, 25mcg t3, 900mg sust, 600mg eq, and 200mg of tren e.

I honestly feel like there is something wrong with my sweat glands or something, because it happens when I get hot, and I am not sweating, but I am more than willing to listen to any and all possibilities.

I know this exact feeling your describing. I've had it a few times. I've heard it happens to those who workout with dry skin. It usually goes away on its own after a couple of hours.

Have not taken an antihistamine. I take it that you think I should?

If you have some benadryl around, it wouldn't hurt to try it and see if it helps.

Last edited:
Mace by chance are you taking anything that has arginine in it(pre-workout drink) I had the same issues and my pins and needles and tingling were mainly on my face and head.I stopped the arginine and within 2 days it was gone.
Styles

I've had this happen before. It's no big deal other than it kinda sucks at the time. Basically is when you would begin to sweat but your not. Strange but I can't remember the cause, it won't last.

And look at any supps you take, many have niacin in them, but not an amount that will cause flushing.

I used to have this reaction around my chest and arms when I used to use cocoa butter for my stretch marks everyday. I unknowingly was blocking my sweat glands and causing a heat rash.
The sweat literally can't get out through the gland and flows around under the skin. My skin was also raised and red so you might have something different.

I've had this happen before. It's no big deal other than it kinda sucks at the time. Basically is when you would begin to sweat but your not. Strange but I can't remember the cause, it won't last.

And look at any supps you take, many have niacin in them, but not an amount that will cause flushing.

I had same thing. but only my lower body, legs. every time i would go outside start walking i would get pinns and needles feeling in my legs and start sweating slowly.
Dr conected that with my bad anxiety....

I've had that before too. I was using too much Splenda.

It happens to me all the time. It happens when you get hot really fast and you havent started sweating yet but it stops once you start sweating. I forgot what its called though. I also get itchy from it.

What you are describing is most often a reaction to Pre-workout or even amino acid supplements that contain high amounts of niacin or a newer compound called Beta-Alanine. If the feeling lasts longer than an hour, then you should try an antihistamine and consider seeing a physician.

bro i have gotten this feeling before if it is like a hot, tingle, scratchy sensation, I have gotten it a couple times after taken shots, it has to do with your gear, I once researched it and think hast o do with spike or elevation of hormones in your body! nothing to worry bout unless you have other symptoms that i have not gotten.....

As far as hemocrit, I don't believe it is off, I got bloodwork done about 6 months ago and everything was looking good.

I am only taking whey and casein.

It typically only lasts about 30 seconds or so, because I grab a cold water and cool myself off.

Personally, I am leaning towards iron warrior's explanation. I was recently reading about similar reactions in people that have disorders that cause their body to produce too many RBC's, and I am thinking eq could be raising the RBC count enough to get these sides.

Regardless it doesnt seem to be anything too serious, but man was it a shock the first couple of times it happened with pins and needles literally covering my chest, back and arms entirely.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear