advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

www.directlabs.com - There is no excuse not to get your bloodwork done.

Testing without needles

I SHOULD have this done but honestly I can't stand anything IV. Even the thought of it really makes me want to faint. I've had a fear of IVs since I was a child. IM injection is fine but that much blood coming out.. man I'm getting weak and light headed thinking about it.

Any help? Does anybody else have this problem? Can you request to be sedated before blood is drawn?

You might look into a saliva test. panel. I hear saliva hormone tests are more accurate anyway.

BUMP

This post needs to be bumped up now and again.

BMJ

I always use this site. Have had 7 blood tests done so far with them. And been using the coupon code TWSM for a couple years now for 10% off, always works.

Can anyone post up a list of what tests should be done. Would like to do a complete workup but dont wanna pay for unnecessary tests or forget an important test

Get the comprehensive wellness panel. It's going to check for all the major things that could be off and then some. The only thing it's not going to test for is hormone levels such as free and total test, igf, estradiol, ect. That wellness test I just mentioned is on sale most of the time and will run you anywhere from 59-89 bucks. That's a smokin deal. These are great people that run this company and they always offer me a discount of at least 10% off too. Take advantage of this as you have no reason to NOT know where you stand.

Just ordered the following:
CWP plus Testosterone, Total & Free

Was 143 bucks and included test/total and free in addition to the comprehensive wellness panel.

Impossible to overstate the value of blood work. Particularly important:
- hematocrit ... high levels (>53) are associated with clots, strokes, etc.
- liver enzymes esp. if you use orals
- kidney markers
- cholesterol breakdown: HDL, LDL
- glucose, insulin
and of course hormones ... TT, free T, E2, DHEA, prolactin, LH and FSH. Igf1 is worthwhile. One's post-cycle recovery ought to be measured by objective bounce-back of HPTA.

I got into all this from the HRT angle - so I got used to blood work from the beginning. Sure beats guessing about things.

Unfortunately, you can't use their services if you live in New York State. Fucking bullshit. It's not their fault, it's state law.

There's got to be a way around that for NY and CA residents. How about opening a PO box in a neighboring state. Even for a saliva test???? Fuck!

SO you go to a labcor and get the blood drawn and then have them send the vial to this company???

Also how much does labcor charge to draw blood if you dont have ins (I do just wondering).

No. You pay direct labs their fee and the blood is drawn at your local labcorp. Your testing is done at labcorp onsite and the results are sent to you via email or viewable online. Labcorp is paid nothing by you. Only fees you pay are to directlabs. Believe me I hesitated forever because I hate goin to a doc. For a mere 97 bucks you get whole Wellness panel: the following pasted below. They have tests that measure HGH levels, test levels etc.
I got my blood drawn today and will post up the results so you can see a sample. I am assuming there is a reference range giiven with each test and any out of range should be adressed individually.

The 97 buck wellness panel below:
Complete Blood Count

WBC—White blood cells are the body's primary defense against disease. White blood cells help fight infection.
RBC—Red blood cells are responsible for carrying oxygen to and carbon dioxide away from all cells. Iron deficiency will lower RBC.
Hemoglobin—A chemical compound inside red cells that transports oxygen through the blood stream to all cells of the body. Oxygen is needed for healthy organs. Hemoglobin gives the red color to blood.
Hematocrit—Hematocrit measures the amount of space red blood cells take up in the blood. It is reported as a percentage.
Lymphocytes—The results of this and basophils, eosinophils, monocytes and neutrophils deal with white blood cell function. Important to the body's defense against infection. Also important in the assessment of nutritional status.
Monocytes—The results of this and basophils, eosinophils, lymphocytes, and neutrophils deal with white blood cell function. Important to the body's defense against infection. Also important in the assessment of nutritional status.
MCH Mean—Corpuscular Hemoglobin is one way to measure the average hemoglobin concentration within red blood cells, which varies from normal with different diseases.
MCHC Mean—Corpuscular hemoglobin concentration.
MCV Mean—Corpuscular volume measures red blood cell volume.
Neutrophils—The results of this and basophils, eosinophils, lymphocytes, and monocytes deal with white blood cell function. Important to the body's defense against infection and also important in the assessment of nutritional status.
Platelets—Blood cell particles involved with the forming of blood clots.
RDW—Red cell distribution width (RDW) is a calculation of the variation in the size of your RBC's. In some anemias, such as pernicious anemia, the amount of variation (anisocytosis) in RBC size (along with variation in shape – poikilocytosis) causes an increase in the RDW.

Thyroid

The thyroid gland synthesizes, stores, and releases hormones. The hormones secreted are iodine-containing amino acids, thyroxine (T4) and triiodo-thyronine (T3). The thyroid hormones influence a diversity of metabolic processes. These tests help to evaluate thyroid hormones that control the body's metabolic rate.
Total T-4 (Thyroxine)
T-3 uptake
Free—Thyroxine Index (FTI) T-7
TSH

Lipid

Cholesterol, Total—A sterol in the blood. Knowing your cholesterol may be as important as knowing your blood pressure. Elevated cholesterol is associated with an increasing risk of coronary heart disease.
HDL—Cholesterol High-density lipoproteins are believed to take cholesterol away from cells and transport it back to the liver for processing or removal. They have become known as the "good" cholesterol as persons with high levels of HDL may have less heart disease. Low HDL could be the result of smoking and lack of exercise.
LDL—Cholesterol Low-density lipoproteins contain the greatest percentage of cholesterol and may be responsible for depositing cholesterol on the artery walls. For that reason, they are known as the "bad" cholesterol.
Cholesterol/HDL Ratio—Calculated by dividing the total cholesterol by the HDL cholesterol. Ratio used by physicians in determining your relative risk for developing cardiovascular disease.
Triglycerides—Triglycerides are fat in the blood responsible for providing energy to the cells of the body. Triglycerides should be less than 400 mg/dl even in a non-fasting state.

Liver

Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT or SGPT)—An enzyme found primarily in the liver. Abnormalities may represent liver disease.
Albumin Serum—One of the major proteins in the blood and a reflection of the general state of nutrition.
Albumin/Globulin Ratio—Calculated by dividing the albumin by the globulin.
Alkaline Phosphatase—A body protein important in diagnosing proper bone and liver functions.
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST or SGOT)—An enzyme found in skeletal and heart muscle, liver and other organs. Abnormalities may represent liver disease.
Bilirubin, Total—A chemical involved with liver functions. High concentrations may result in jaundice.
Globulin, Total—A major group of proteins in the blood comprising the infection fighting antibodies
Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH)—An enzyme found mostly in the heart, muscles, liver, kidney, brain, and red blood cells. When an organ of the body is damaged, LDH is released in greater quantity into the blood stream.
Protein, Total—Together with albumin, it is a measure of the state of nutrition in the body.
GGT—Also known as Gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGTP Formal name: Gamma-glutamyl transferase helps to detect liver and bile duct injury. Some doctors use it in all people they suspect of having liver disease, others use it only to help explain the cause of other changes or if they suspect alcohol abuse.

Kidney

Urea Nitrogen (BUN)—Another by-product of protein metabolism eliminated through the kidneys. BUN is an indicator of kidney function.
Creatinine, Serum—An indicator of kidney function.
Uric Acid—Another by-product of protein metabolism eliminated through the kidneys. Uric acid is an indicator of kidney function.
BUN/Creatinine—Ratio calculated by dividing the BUN by the Creatinine.
Glomerular Filtration (eGFR)—Provides an assessment of the filtering capacity of the kidney.

Minerals and Bone

Iron, Total—An abnormally low test result may indicate iron deficiency anemia.
Calcium—A mineral essential for development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. It is important also for the normal function of muscles, nerves and blood clotting.
Phosphorus—Together with calcium, it is essential for healthy development of bones and teeth. Associated with hormone imbalance, bone disease and kidney disease. It is found mainly in bones and teeth. NOTE: a temporary drop in phosphorus level can be seen after a meal.

Fluids & Electrolytes

Chloride, Serum—Similar to sodium, it helps to maintain the body's electrolyte balance.
Potassium—Helps to control the nerves and muscles.
Sodium, Serum—One of the major salts in the body fluid, sodium is important in the body's water balance and the electrical activity of nerves and muscles.
Carbon Dioxide—Ordered as part of an electrolyte panel. The electrolyte panel is used to detect, evaluate, and monitor electrolyte imbalances.

Diabetes

Glucose— Blood sugar level, the most direct single test to uncover diabetes, may be used not only to identify diabetes, but also to evaluate how one controls the disease.

Good site, everyone should get that done if they do not have insurance.

What I'd like to know is if they have a site that does private testing just like say the olympics would do to see if you have anything in your system. (or anything detectable for that matter) That way you can make sure you are in the clear before you are about to do a test, or to see if the half-life of a certain substance is completely out of your system.

If the test were done exactly to the Olympic standards you could even know if you are taking simple medication that is banned (things as simple as NSAIDS can get you disqualified) that you did not know about, and you could find out before actually getting in shit for it.

Hemochromatosis is something everybody whom has Northern European heritage should get checked for.
If you're going to pay out for blood work add this to it and save your self from
liver disease, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.

My Farther suffers from it and gives 1L of blood per month and his quality of life has increased.
I also have it but as of yet no damage has been done but I give blood anyway.
Younger Brother is just a carrier.

There's got to be a way around that for NY and CA residents. How about opening a PO box in a neighboring state. Even for a saliva test???? Fuck!

They dont ask for Id, Just use a PA, NJ or other address and go to a Labcorp there. The rest is done online. Just remember what info you use because when you give blood they will confirm date of birth and such.

Got my test results. Took 72 hours due to the testing of test levels and free test levels.
Now I gotta figure out how to interpret everything.
High Levels in Creatinine Serum, and cholesterol was horrific. All I eat is clean foods-no junk
BUN 20 mg/dL range - 6-24 01
Creatinine, Serum 1.31 HIGH mg/dL 0.76-1.27 01
eGFR >59 mL/min/1.73 >59 01
Cholesterol total - 216, HDL 44, LDL 146,

Got my test results. Took 72 hours due to the testing of test levels and free test levels.
Now I gotta figure out how to interpret everything.
High Levels in Creatinine Serum, and cholesterol was horrific. All I eat is clean foods-no junk
BUN 20 mg/dL range - 6-24 01
Creatinine, Serum 1.31 HIGH mg/dL 0.76-1.27 01
eGFR >59 mL/min/1.73 >59 01
Cholesterol total - 216, HDL 44, LDL 146,

Would not call your cholesterol horrific. Those values are probably better than the average American man nowadays. And you can eat clean all you want but if you take roids your lipids will be jacked up no matter what.

since I am overseas, this is probably not an option for me.

I'll ask here first, but does anybody know if the ordered labs expire?

I ordered a Complete Wellness back in 2009, and was wondering if it is still good to go....?

It doesn't say expired when I look at it online.

BMJ

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner